In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The 10-member Fielding Bible panel never gave Jacoby Ellsbury a single vote until 2011 despite the presence of Bill James on the panel.

[/QUOTE]

But what proves they are biased is that they did not give the award to Robinson Cano, who is not only yhr best defensive second baseman ThatWasMe has ever seen, he was also the only one he saw all year.   How could these so-called baseball experts even vote for a guy ThatWasMe never heard of before??

It is shameful what this is coming to.  Bring back the days of The Gold Glove.  Now there was an award with no biased voting ever...

[/QUOTE]

Sour grapes.

Pedroia has won the GG award twice as has Cano, I could have lived with either in 2012.

And I didn't cry or protest when Gardner was denied. Alex Gordan was a repeat winner in LF for 2012.

None of the awards are perfect (or as unbiased like the fielding bible is I guess to Sox fans).

I'll continue to believe my lying eyes.

Peace and Love. 

[/QUOTE]

We might be more apt to agree with you, if you could provide a shred of evidence, as to the bias you keep referring to.

Sorry if your esteemed opinion isn't enough for most of us.

[/QUOTE]

As a life long Yankee fan why should I be suspicious of bias if a narrow decision between Cano and Pedroia rests in the hands of James and Gammons?

Don't suppose any of you would be suspicious if it was Michael kaye and Paul O'Neil.

But actually i don't care what you think.

[/QUOTE]

I'd certainly have my suspicions, but I'd be smart enough to keep my mouth shut, unless I had some evidence.

No one would care what I thought, if I just blathered on, with nothing to back it up.

Again, got any evidence that either are biased in their voting?

I'm guessing, after two days, the answer is still "no".

[/QUOTE]

You don't like the GG picks, great.

I didn't care for Cano picked behind Barney and Pedroia.

See the pattern?

[/QUOTE]

Addiong Barney is new to yuor complaint, which was that Gammons and James pro-Sox bias heavily influeced the Fielding Bible.  The reality is, not one panelist picked either Pedroia or Cano, and the distinct possibility it that because neither were actually the best in the field last season.

You act as though 8 panelists picked Cano first, and Gammons and James omitted Cano altogether, costing him the award.  And I suppose that is somewhat of a parallel to the 1999 AL MVP voting, when pro-Yankee schlep George King left Pedro Martinez off his ballot, costing Pedro the MVP.  King cited he did not think pitchers should be eligible.  Ignoring the written rules for MVP voting, which explicitly state pitchers are eligible,  the real irony was the sudden change in heart of King, who did include a vote for then-Yankee David Wells on his 1998 AL MVP ballot.

See, that is how you sho evidence of bias.  All you have shown is evidence of selective paranoia...

[/QUOTE]

Paranoid?

Cano won the gg.

I'm delighted.

[/QUOTE]

And that is fine.   Hopefully it will satisfy you to the point where you don't make accusations every time an award gets handed out to a player not on the Yankees.

Of course, not one Sox fan has accused the gold Glove process of bias.  Flaws, maybe.  But not bias...

[/QUOTE]

I find that funny. Not one has accused the GG of bias because you can't. Not much else that's been left out though.

Basically been labeled a joke.

What satisfies me is 50 years from now when James, Gammons, Dewan, Neyer, Glanville and the fielding bible are out in the country somewhere  pushing up daisies, that young fans perusing the records of previous MLB Gold Glove winners will see for 2012 AL 2nd Base Robinson Cano, NY Yankees.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Pedroia runner-up on Fielding Bible list

To me the biggest point about the Gold Gloves is that the managers and coaches who vote may have seen the players play as few as 6 times.  I don't think they are expected to watch video.  The Palmeiro fiasco in 1999 occurred because many managers and coaches were simply unaware that he had been moved to DH.  That highlighted the low level of scrutiny required to have a vote for the award.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And that is fine.   Hopefully it will satisfy you to the point where you don't make accusations every time an award gets handed out to a player not on the Yankees.

Of course, not one Sox fan has accused the gold Glove process of bias.  Flaws, maybe.  But not bias...

[/QUOTE]

I find that funny. Not one has accused the GG of bias because you can't. Not much else that's been left out though.

What satisfies me is 50 years from now when James, Gammons, Dewan, Neyer, Glanville and the fielding bible are out in the country somewhere  pushing up daisies, that young fans perusing the records of previous MLB Gold Glove winners will see for 2012 AL 2nd Base Robinson Cano, NY Yankees.

[/QUOTE]

And those young fans will have even more info that will tell them what a joke it is.

Enjoy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Bill James has a bias, it is towards right wing, catholic football coaches with moral pretensions but amoral actions. 

Ex-President of Penn St. Charged in Sandusky Case

By  THE ASSOCIATED PRESSPublished: November 1, 2012

Prosecutors also added counts against the two former underlings, Timothy M. Curley and Gary C. Schultz.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

How is the second degree criminal negligence murder case against Obama and Clinton coming along.

Most lawyers surely know that the sentence above should end with a question mark.

The "it was caused by a hate Muhammad film/ dog ate my homework" coverup isn't worse than this crime.

I'd guess very few lawyers would spell cover-up wrong!

Do have those, Tom-UK.

Most 12-year-olds would remember to put "you" in the sentence above, and a question mark at the end.

I suppose these errors are common amongst sad men who pretend to be lawyers on the internet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to tom-uk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill James has a bias, it is towards right wing, catholic football coaches with moral pretensions but amoral actions. 

Ex-President of Penn St. Charged in Sandusky Case

By  THE ASSOCIATED PRESSPublished: November 1, 2012

Prosecutors also added counts against the two former underlings, Timothy M. Curley and Gary C. Schultz.

[/QUOTE]

Delightful.

I hope next Tuesday night finds you and Bill James equally as unhappy as this past one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And those young fans will have even more info that will tell them what a joke it is.

Enjoy.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure everything was hunky dory with you when Pedroia won.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Taking a position that the Gold Glove voting process can produce questionable results doesn't mean that some of the results won't also be the correct ones.  The Fielding Bible panel had Barney and Cano as the top 2B's so they agreed with the Gold Glove awards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

You guys are upset because.

1) I showed up here after the results of the fielding bible and opined Cano was the best defensive 2nd baseman in the game.

2) Cano won the GG.

No, I'm not upset about either of those things.

However, I am going to call you on your claim that Cano is the best 2nd baseman in the game, because you can't possibly know that without having watched all the other 2nd basemen play almost every game. 

The numbers simply don't support that Cano is better than Barney.  Not even particularly close.

I have no problem with Cano winning the GG as the best 2B defender in the AL.   Congrats to Cano, the voters got that one right this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I bet the GG was slimed both times Pedroia won the award.

I bet if Pedroia won this season there would not be one negative comment on this thread about the GG selection process.

Just a gut feeling.

If Pedroia had one the GG this year, he would have been as deserving as Cano, but the GGs would still be a joke.  Although I must say, while there are still some gross errors, the voters seem to have done a better job overall this year.

FTR, when Youk was listed as a finalist for the 3B GG last year, I posted about how bad a joke that was.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The 10-member Fielding Bible panel never gave Jacoby Ellsbury a single vote until 2011 despite the presence of Bill James on the panel.

[/QUOTE]

But what proves they are biased is that they did not give the award to Robinson Cano, who is not only yhr best defensive second baseman ThatWasMe has ever seen, he was also the only one he saw all year.   How could these so-called baseball experts even vote for a guy ThatWasMe never heard of before??

It is shameful what this is coming to.  Bring back the days of The Gold Glove.  Now there was an award with no biased voting ever...

[/QUOTE]

Sour grapes.

Pedroia has won the GG award twice as has Cano, I could have lived with either in 2012.

And I didn't cry or protest when Gardner was denied. Alex Gordan was a repeat winner in LF for 2012.

None of the awards are perfect (or as unbiased like the fielding bible is I guess to Sox fans).

Peace and Love. 

[/QUOTE]

We might be more apt to agree with you, if you could provide a shred of evidence, as to the bias you keep referring to.

[/QUOTE]

As a life long Yankee fan why should I be suspicious of bias if a narrow decision between Cano and Pedroia rests in the hands of James and Gammons?

Don't suppose any of you would be suspicious if it was Michael kaye and Paul O'Neil.

[/QUOTE]

I'd certainly have my suspicions, but I'd be smart enough to keep my mouth shut, unless I had some evidence.

No one would care what I thought, if I just blathered on, with nothing to back it up.

[/QUOTE]

See the pattern?

[/QUOTE]

Addiong Barney is new to yuor complaint, which was that Gammons and James pro-Sox bias heavily influeced the Fielding Bible.  The reality is, not one panelist picked either Pedroia or Cano, and the distinct possibility it that because neither were actually the best in the field last season.

You act as though 8 panelists picked Cano first, and Gammons and James omitted Cano altogether, costing him the award.  And I suppose that is somewhat of a parallel to the 1999 AL MVP voting, when pro-Yankee schlep George King left Pedro Martinez off his ballot, costing Pedro the MVP.  King cited he did not think pitchers should be eligible.  Ignoring the written rules for MVP voting, which explicitly state pitchers are eligible,  the real irony was the sudden change in heart of King, who did include a vote for then-Yankee David Wells on his 1998 AL MVP ballot.

See, that is how you sho evidence of bias.  All you have shown is evidence of selective paranoia...

[/QUOTE]

Paranoid?

Cano won the gg.

I'm delighted.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And if it happened any other way, you would scream foul.  Because everyone knows that when non-Yankee players get an award, it clearly shows bias in the system

And for all your screaming of all the anti-Cano biases, you never really explained why everyone was pro-cub giving the award to Darnwin Barney.  What exactly are the connections of Gammons and Bill James to the Cubs again?

Wil tomorrow's rant be about how the media's anti-Yankee agenda kept Ron Guidry out of the Hall of Fame?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sour grapes.

Peace and Love. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

See the pattern?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Paranoid?

Cano won the gg.

I'm delighted.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And if it happened any other way, you would scream foul.  Because everyone knows that when non-Yankee players get an award, it clearly shows bias in the system

And for all your screaming of all the anti-Cano biases, you never really explained why everyone was pro-cub giving the award to Darnwin Barney.  What exactly are the connections of Gammons and Bill James to the Cubs again?

Wil tomorrow's rant be about how the media's anti-Yankee agenda kept Ron Guidry out of the Hall of Fame?

[/QUOTE]

If there is any screaming or ranting going on it sure looks like it is coming from your side of the argument.

My point was validated Tuesday night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If there is any screaming or ranting going on it sure looks like it is coming from your side of the argument.

[/QUOTE]

All we're saying is that your validation requirements are extremely low.

If you're satified with that, more power to you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All we're saying is that your validation requirements are extremely low.

If you're satified with that, more power to you.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't think you were done.

Losing any sleep?