Pedroia to Indians??? or to another team with pieces that might fit...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Pedroia to Indians??? or to another team with pieces that might fit...

Since we haven't won a playoff game in going on four years I'm proposing a deal featuring our best player--who alone cannot accomplish that feat.

With Francona desperate for a cribbage partner could Pedroia fit in return for Jason Kipnis, Masterson and Perez? or perhaps for Cabrera, Perez and Masterson in return for Pedroia, Aviles and Aceves.

Pedroia, Ells and Webster for Detroits Jackson and Fister.

Pedroia and Ells and a prospect to Texas for Feldman, Kinsler and Young and some cash.

Pedroia to KC for Gordon; that would be the centerpiece plus other parts.

Any other ideas????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Pedroia to Indians??? or to another team with pieces that might fit...

Not happening.  And although I like Masterson, it's worth mentioning that out of 4 seasons in Cleveland, he's had one with an ERA less than 4.55.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

That is just mad, mad mc

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ells, bard, and pedey for king felix....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would never suggest trading Pedey, but just for fun if I were to deal with Texas, maybe Andrus since Profar has emerged...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Uh ... no.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since we haven't won a playoff game in going on four years I'm proposing a deal featuring our best player--who alone cannot accomplish that feat.

With Francona desperate for a cribbage partner could Pedroia fit in return for Jason Kipnis, Masterson and Perez? or perhaps for Cabrera, Perez and Masterson in return for Pedroia, Aviles and Aceves.

Pedroia and Ells and a prospect to Texas for Feldman, Kinsler and Young and some cash.

Any other ideas????

[/QUOTE]

Since it's just for fun....Pedroia for Justin Verlander and Miguel Cabrera.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Now you're talking. Though we should ask them to throw in Delmon Young, too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They may do it, if we take Valverde;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Valverde is as lost as Dice-K.   LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I'd ask for Fielder...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any other ideas????

[/QUOTE]

Pede isn't going anywhere, he has always played his heart out here.  The FO should have held him back a bit longer coming back from injuries, but thats tough to do with a player like Pede who wants to help his club any way he can.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Justin Masterson must be excited to be the most sought after pitchr on this board not named Felix. 

Anyone who wants Kinsler needs to see his contract and home/road splits... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Kipnis is a decent enough player, but they wouldn't throw in the other two guys.

This one is pretty far off.  AJax is a monster in CF with 3 years left, while Ells has one year left, even assuming he is as good as AJax.  Fister is also a decent #2.

I wouldn't pick up Feldman or Young from waivers, and Pedey > Kinsler.

I'd think about this.  Gordon might have a little upside left, decent contract.  The biggest issue I'd have here is that Gordon's splits are not good, and I don't think Fenway will help him at all.  But I wouldn't hang up either.

Any other ideas????

I'd ask how much salary Detroit was willing to eat on VMart.  See if Youk wants a one-year make-good contract.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'd ask for Fielder...

Well, now you're just being silly!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kipnis is a decent enough player, but they wouldn't throw in the other two guys.

This one is pretty far off.  AJax is a monster in CF with 3 years left, while Ells has one year left, even assuming he is as good as AJax.  Fister is also a decent #2.

I wouldn't pick up Feldman or Young from waivers, and Pedey > Kinsler.

I'd think about this.  Gordon might have a little upside left, decent contract.  The biggest issue I'd have here is that Gordon's splits are not good, and I don't think Fenway will help him at all.  But I wouldn't hang up either.

Any other ideas????

I'd ask how much salary Detroit was willing to eat on VMart.  See if Youk wants a one-year make-good contract.

[/QUOTE]

I agree on Gordon, a good fit but bad splits so hes probably more of a role player.  I would also take a chance on Victor or Youk again, especially after losing AGon, Salty's OBP and Papi's situation. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He's been hurt 2 out of the past 3 seasons (though he played, to his own detriment, last year. I give him credit for that). He turns 30 in August. The team is not likely to realistically contend for another 1-3 years.

I think it'd be foolish to not at least CONSIDER moving him.

He could be a difference maker for a team who's right there...Tigers, Nationals, Cardinals, Giants, Reds, for example.

Let's focus on the Giants. How about Lincecum? He's coming off a down year, and has one year remaining until FA. Straight up swap, and the Giants STILL have a very good and deep pitching staff. If both perform up to what they've been, both teams are happy. Giants get a hitter to pair with Kung Fu Panda, Sox get their legit Ace.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Insanity reigns.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's been hurt 2 out of the past 3 seasons (though he played, to his own detriment, last year. I give him credit for that). He turns 30 in August. The team is not likely to realistically contend for another 1-3 years.

I think it'd be foolish to not at least CONSIDER moving him.

He could be a difference maker for a team who's right there...Tigers, Nationals, Cardinals, Giants, Reds, for example.

Let's focus on the Giants. How about Lincecum? He's coming off a down year, and has one year remaining until FA. Straight up swap, and the Giants STILL have a very good and deep pitching staff. If both perform up to what they've been, both teams are happy. Giants get a hitter to pair with Kung Fu Panda, Sox get their legit Ace.

[/QUOTE]

Based on what?  Fans who say this might want to remember we don't even know who will be on the team next season.   Not to mention, the ability to compete is not limited to those with an elite level of talent.

It's not hard to imagine the Sox being very compeittive next season.  They have to make some moves this offseason, and we all know they will.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Let's focus on the Giants. How about Lincecum? He's coming off a down year, and has one year remaining until FA. Straight up swap, 

Don't think I'd pick up Lincecum off of waivers.  For that type of money, with those stats, the downside risk is much worse than the upside benefit.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In my opinion, these trade proposals we see on here are mostly nonsensical fantasy.  Ben has made a few blunders already, but I hope he has more sense than some of the people on here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

pedroia is already the most overated player in mlb....you would need to package him to get an ace...straight up he might not even get the sox a #2...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts