Pedroia to return to Boston, surgery possible

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Pedroia to return to Boston, surgery possible

hey betterredthandead......................your breathing............stop it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

Betterredthandeadsaid:
    He made the defensive play of the game with the DP ball to clean up Wastefield's mess.

He needs to do what he needs to do and take all the time needed to get ready for the stretch run during dog days. 6 weeks takes it to late July, which is still 2 months to go when the pretenders like Tampa will start to fade and teams with resources and good planning will start to surge

What I wanna know is, how come this guy cant play a full year without some sort of injury? This is 2 years in a row now. We should be criticizing him unmercifully.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

A month means cartilage damage, bet they are hoping to go in and clean it out so it won't stay inflamed.  If that is all they find, great.  A month is not bad, Lowrie/Scutaro and whoever for backup.  PD was not hitting, he made some great plays, he stole bases ... but he was starting to cost the Sox.   If anybody besides Jake starts getting on base before Gonzo hits, the Sox will start scoring runs in bunches.  Gonzo has 51 RBIs with the guy before him in a slump.   I actually think this will work out Ok ...  and PD will come back and have a chance to save his season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Plugging Lowrie in at 2nd could be a temp. fix. Scoot at SS, Sutton giving guys days off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

It has to be Crawford # 2 in the lineup. I couldn't believe Tito had him batting behind Ortiz. When Crawford got that hit last night and Ortiz was on 2nd I remember thinking to myself "What's wrong with this picture?" 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skippyd. Show skippyd's posts

I agree with the majority.  Get it fixed now and he will be ready down the stretch.  We won't miss his offense like we did last year because obviously it's been hampered by this injury.  His defense is another story.  We probably won't be #1 in defense in another month, but when he comes back we will get there again!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Scutaro is a natural second baseman.  He won't be Dusty over there.  But he is a big upgrade over himself at SS.  With Scutaro at second, and any combo of Lowrie/Sutton/Inglesias at short, I feel as good as I can about losing the heart of the club ... if he does in fact need surgery.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

scott lauber reported a few hours ago the red sox said they're honestly just being cautious. pedroia is at mass general having the knee scoped.

it may be something that doesnt require surgery, at least not immediately.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If he needs surgery, get it done and over with now. We'll miss him on this road trip and beyond, but honestly, the way he's hitting now he's a shell of himself. Lowrie/Scutaro could hit better than PD is now. Defense is another story, but that can't be helped. I'd rather have him at 95% from after the break and on than hitting .249 for the rest of the year like he is now. This time off will also give his foot time to get some extra healing in. Best case scenario has the dr.'s not finding anything major wrong, and PD getting DL'd for 15 days to heal what is there. I'm afraid it'll probably end with surgery here though. Nightmare scenario is them going in there and finding something they didn't expect, tendon/ligament damage that puts him out for the year. We won't talk about that.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

You know, if it's just caution, and we're mentally prepared to lose him for a month, why not just 15 day 'im and let him get totally back to health? Remember that last year the Sox did pretty well as I recall during the first few weeks after PD got hurt. They held their own, got to within a half game of first. It was that 2nd and 3rd month when his absence really started to tell. One month is survivable, 15 days would be even better. I think some of the guys can step it up at least temporarlily. But can you imagine PD at full health in front of AG? Wow. Bat Craw 2nd against righties, Lowrie against lefties.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

In Response to Re: Pedroia to return to Boston, surgery possible:
    Anybody know the status of Navarro?  Seems like he's been out a long time for an oblique strain.  With Lowrie at second, Scutaro at short, and Navarro backing everybody up, we would be fine for 4-6 weeks.  Iglesias needs to learn to hit before joining the club again.
    Posted by slomag

Navarro still on 15-day DL in AAA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Ug!!!  Gotta feel for the mighty midget.  I really hope he's back and healthy shortly after the ASB.  

In the interim I think we should just move em all up in the order to be something like this 1-4:
    Ells
    Youk
    Gonzalez
    Papi

Now who bats 5th?  I'd say Crawford v RHP and Lowrie v LHP.  Last thought, I hope Navarro gets off the DL soon.  I think we're going to need this guy and his performance pre-injury merits a shot.  Until then I like the idea of brining up Iggy, sending down Sutton and platooning Lowrie/Scoot at 2B.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

But the good news hopefully will be the insertion of Crawford batting second!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattb5fon. Show mattb5fon's posts

that explains being a .325 hitter or so at that time and it plummeting

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Lowrie's getting MRI's for a hangnail. To compare him to Pedroia is absurd, Ballgirl. Ellsbury missed an entire season with micro-fractured ribs that are not load bearing joints, zero risk of further injury playing with it, and an injury most professional athletes miss little or no time at all and wait until the off season to heal up.

Sections
Shortcuts