Pedroia to return to Boston, surgery possible

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pedroia to return to Boston, surgery possible

if surgery is needed, it will be done immediately and could sideline him for at least a month. PD said his knee has been bothering him a lot and "it's hard to hit when something's wrong with your legs...I've been trying". He injured it May 16, fielding a ball

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Pedroia to return to Boston tomorrow, surgery possible

In Response to Pedroia to return to Boston tomorrow, surgery possible:
    [QUOTE]if surgery is needed, it will be done immediately and could sideline him for at least a month. PD said it's been bothering him a lot and "it's hard to hit when something's wrong with your legs...I've been trying". He injured it May 16
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

OUCH!   Thanks for the news.  A lot of us have been wondering ....

Here's to a quick resolution and PD's health!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Tough break for Pedey and the Sox if he needs surgery.Especially after last year.I'm sure he strugggled with this.He wants to play,but he wants to play at 100% or at least close to that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Better to get this taken care of now so he is available during the stretch run and the playoffs.  Makes me a little worried about the up the middle defense, now. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Well, that explains a few things.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

The Drew Sutton Era in Boston begins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

So I guess that means Lowrie at Second if he is healthy. If not, maybe Iglesias comes up and Scutaro plays second. 

Scutaro, and Crawford platooning in the second spot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Best case for the Sox is that you guys call up Iglesias, get no offense and great defense as SS for a month, and platoon the other two. Having Scutaro and Lowrie both starting means bad defense and offense all around. Actually wouldn't mind that.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I saw that injury when it happened. I also saw it again thanks to your pal pinstripeZac who posted the video on this board telling me that was what "amuses" him.

I also thought at the time it was his knee that was hurt since he was touching it. I think a lot of people thought it was his ankle with the screw in it. I just wish I was wrong so it wouldn't be a different injury for him on top of the other.

This guy plays his heart out every game, and he always has the filthiest uniform on the field from throwing himself all over the place. It's going to be such a blow for the team to be playing without him again, if that's going to be the case. I don't know another guy that can play second base like he does. Nothing gets past him. I hope everything works out well for him, and he's able to return as soon as possible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

He made the defensive play of the game with the DP ball to clean up Wastefield's mess.

He needs to do what he needs to do and take all the time needed to get ready for the stretch run during dog days. 6 weeks takes it to late July, which is still 2 months to go when the pretenders like Tampa will start to fade and teams with resources and good planning will start to surge.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Will Lowrie be less fragile at 2nd base?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Yes, but still a butcher. He won't need to range as much on most chances, which is a good thing because he can't range much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

navarro anyone?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Wow. Had no idea.
    Well, with him struggling at the plate, hopefully it won't hurt too much offensively.
     Defensively, it's a different story. No one in the league can play 2B like he can.
    If the Sox are going to make a move for Reyes, they had better do it now, or bring up Iglesias and move Scutaro at the TD.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Pedroia to return to Boston tomorrow, surgery possible:
    [QUOTE]I saw that injury when it happened. I also saw it again thanks to your pal pinstripeZac who posted the video on this board telling me that was what "amuses" him. I also thought at the time it was his knee that was hurt since he was touching it. I think a lot of people thought it was his ankle with the screw in it. I just wish I was wrong so it wouldn't be a different injury for him on top of the other. This guy plays his heart out every game, and he always has the filthiest uniform on the field from throwing himself all over the place. It's going to be such a blow for the team to be playing without him again, if that's going to be the case. I don't know another guy that can play second base like he does. Nothing gets past him. I hope everything works out well for him, and he's able to return as soon as possible.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

you may have "thought at the time it was his knee", but that's not when or how  he injured it. you saw the injury if you were watching the May 16 game, when the ball hit off dice K and PD fielded the ball and fell on his knee.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

I hope Pedey does what Ells did last year. Don't play until he's fully healed, unlike he did with his foot last year. Also let Crawford bat 2nd behind Ells, until Pedey gets this problem fully resolved.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Pedroia to return to Boston, surgery possible

what exactly is wrong with his knee?..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Pedroia to return to Boston, surgery possible:
    [QUOTE]what exactly is wrong with his knee?..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

morning jete...... they don't know, which is what todays procedure will determine. Pedroia said  "just b.anged it hard and it's been bothering me ever since" they may have hoped it would take care of itself over time

can't say ba.nged??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

morning J, ouch...that's rough..hopefully for him, continuing to play wasn't doing unseen damage..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

[QUOTE]He made the defensive play of the game with the DP ball to clean up Wastefield's mess. He needs to do what he needs to do and take all the time needed to get ready for the stretch run during dog days. 6 weeks takes it to late July, which is still 2 months to go when the pretenders like Tampa will start to fade and teams with resources and good planning will start to surge.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

My only question is why does Pedroia's injury/injuries get a free pass by the absurd one yet Ellsbury and Lowrie are considered "fragile" by the same poster?

If Ellsbury or Lowrie were facing the same surgery and possible time off as a result there would be at least 7 threads started by the Carnival Monkey. Can anyone else spot the absurdity? What a Clown!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/06/09/pedroia_to_have_right_knee_examined/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

How did he injure his knee?

Edit:  Never mind.  I see he was injured in May.

If he needs surgery, I hope it gets done right away. 

This stinks.  Just when he was starting to get hot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: Pedroia to return to Boston, surgery possible:
    [QUOTE]How did he injure his knee?
    Posted by cpjohn1[/QUOTE]
    http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/06/09/pedroia_to_have_right_knee_examined/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pedroia to return to Boston tomorrow, surgery possible : My only question is why does Pedroia's injury/injuries get a free pass by the absurd one yet Ellsbury and Lowrie are considered "fragile" by the same poster? If Ellsbury or Lowrie were facing the same surgery and possible time off as a result there would be at least 7 threads started by the Carnival Monkey. Can anyone else spot the absurdity? What a Clown!!
    Posted by playball01[/QUOTE]
    I don't think he even believes the stuff he posts. He just enjoys stirring things up and getting people irritated. Don't take the bait.