Pedroia told Valentine that he would have liked for him to return as manager.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Pedroia told Valentine that he would have liked for him to return as manager.

Interesting....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Pedroia told Valentine that he would have liked for him to return as manager.

According to whom, Valentine? LOL That's like telling someone you'd go out with them, if they weren't married. No harm saying it, when you know it won't happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: Pedroia told Valentine that he would have liked for him to return as manager.

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to whom, Valentine? LOL That's like telling someone you'd go out with them, if they weren't married. No harm saying it, when you know it won't happen.

[/QUOTE]

Okay........But it sounds like they had a good relationship, according to Pedey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting....

[/QUOTE]

See how quickly Francona was hired once he made himself available.  Valentine would be lucky to get a broadcasting job again.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting....

[/QUOTE]

See how quickly Francona was hired once he made himself available.  Valentine would be lucky to get a broadcasting job again.

[/QUOTE]
    I think he made himself available last year and was told no way by the Cardinals and the Cubs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to SindarinEribor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Link or is it BS?

[/QUOTE]

It's from WEEI's Big Show, I'm not adept at posting links. It's in the article titled "Pedroia doesn't regret backing Youk".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I think he made himself available last year and was told no way by the Cardinals and the Cubs.

[/QUOTE]

Nope, he said he wanted to take year off from managing.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SindarinEribor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Pedroia told Valentine that he would have liked for him to return as manager."

"It's in the article titled "Pedroia doesn't regret backing Youk"."

Where is the connection between these two statements?

Without the source or quotes, this is all BS. No logic here.

[/QUOTE]

Pedroia said it was in that discussion that the two touched on Valentine's uncertain future with the team, with Pedroia telling the manager he would have liked for him to return.

"He kind of told me, 'Listen, I don't know if I'm going to be back next year, but I hope I am. I hope we can give this another try. We'll do a lot of things differently,' and I said the same thing. I said, 'You know what? So would I.' That was kind of the last time I spoke to him.

"After they made the decision to fire him, I texted Bobby and told him thank you for the year and sorry that we didn't accomplish our goals, but I just wanted to tell him I appreciated the things he said to me to make me a better player."

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21238921/pedroia-doesnt-regret-backing-youkilis

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, zac ..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I had so much disdain for the 2011 team and I did think Tito was over-due to go.... and I also thought BV might be the answer. However there is nothing that has come out of BV's mouth the past 3 months that suggests he was ever the right guy for the job.

Still glad Tito, Beckett, and Crawford are gone. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This pretty much sums it up. good analogy J.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He told the Cubs no and was lambasted with question about pill popping by the Cards. He was rail roaded. Bobby V isn't as good as Francona but that is ok neither of them are the Sox manager.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Francona did a great job with the Red Sox.  Nobody is going to deny him that.  But it seemed as though he got to be to good of buddies with some of the players and he lost control.  They did what they wanted and he lost the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

Interesting....

[/QUOTE]

What did you expect him to say?

"Man, I really hope they fire you!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

pedroia is just being polite

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

pedroia is just being polite

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but dugout (video) shots later in the season of their interactions indicated IMO that they were starting to like each other.

Odd fact; BV was OJ's (spare the jokes) predecessor at tailback for USC, supposedly, he was almost as good. He also helped Silas Redd  transfer to USC after the Penn State scandal broke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

I doubt that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks, zac ..

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not even Pedroia's ringing endorsement of BV makes him a good manager.

Nobody is perfect. Evidently, managerial assesment is Pedey's weakness.

Sections
Shortcuts