In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I stopped looking at this award since they gave it to jeter

What a shame

It used to mean something

[/QUOTE]

well andrew to this red sox fan it still does mean something. too bad that they passed on drew and jackoby! drew has been an absolute magician at SS. I think he put the patent on that going to his left,spinning and throwing a strike naps at first.

[/QUOTE]

Hard to argue.  I think they prefer to see a stronger arm in CF......

But I started liking Drew probably in early August when I was convinced that we could win it all.  I love the way he takes the DP's by himself.  People think a lot of those plays are easy and they aren't.  The only play Drew killed me on was his glove-flip the other night - that was way too risky of a play and we were lucky to get the call.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Pedroia wins Gold Glove

yeah, if babe were here he'd be sayin how did the hobbit pull that off....lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've never respected this award since the last Jeter election and the time they gave the 1B GG award to a DH (Palmeiro in 1999).

Pedey was the best fielding 2Bman this year, but the Gold Glove Awards are a joke.

(Note: I don't respect the MVP either after Pedro was snubbed in 2000 after the most dominating season any MLB player has ever had in my lifetime.)

[/QUOTE]

It's not the award that you should lose respect for, but the people who vote. Too much bias involved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I've never respected this award since the last Jeter election and the time they gave the 1B GG award to a DH (Palmeiro in 1999).

Pedey was the best fielding 2Bman this year, but the Gold Glove Awards are a joke.

(Note: I don't respect the MVP either after Pedro was snubbed in 2000 after the most dominating season any MLB player has ever had in my lifetime.)

That was because of one person who disliked Pedro. The process I think overall has been fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not the award that you should lose respect for, but the people who vote. Too much bias involved.

[/QUOTE]

If the award is based on biased voters, I can't respect the award.

Thatdoesn't mean I don't respect the true MVP or best fielders.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was because of one person who disliked Pedro. The process I think overall has been fine.

[/QUOTE]

Palmeiro won the GG at 1B after playing just 28 games there one year. That was not one person messing things up.

The process is a joke, and that means the award is a joke.

Just because they get a few players right, does not change the fact that the awards means nothing more than a bunch of yahoos think this guy or that guy is the best.

It is meaningless to me.

Sections
Shortcuts