Pedroia

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Pedroia

Mr. Manager, when are you finally going to take this guy out of the 3rd slot.  He's not a contact hitter.  He'd swing at a pitch even if it was going to hit him in the face.  After you've moved him go tell the FO they wasted their money paying him all that money!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: Pedroia

That is a ridiculous statement.....Pedey has 65 K's or about 1 every 9 Plate Appearances....which is better than any other player in the lineup except for the #2 hitter Victorino.....so exactly who would be better in the 3 hole.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Name a better 2nd baseman in all of baseball.  Cano?  Maybe,  but I would rather have Dustin Pedroia anyday.  Anyone else?  Nope.  So,  what's your planned replacement?

Yeah,  he's having a terrible year batting .294 with 70 rbi's...  terrible!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:

Mr. Manager, when are you finally going to take this guy out of the 3rd slot.  He's not a contact hitter.  He'd swing at a pitch even if it was going to hit him in the face.  After you've moved him go tell the FO they wasted their money paying him all that money!

Not much logic behind this rant.

Actually, you would have been better off arguing that since he IS a contact hitter, Pedroia should be moved into No. 2 spot. The No. 3 hole is normally occupied by power hitters who also have high averages. Ortiz would be ideal there, but then who would be the clean-up hitter?

Pedroia has played all year with a torn ligament in his left thumb, yet despite that he's only missed one game. He's still producing and rarely strikes out.

Study up next time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

in what world does a .294 hitter not qualify as a "contact" hitter?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Good thing the team has a day off--it is a full moon--even if it isn't -let's call it a full moon and leave it at that.

I was a litte worried about Pedroia--either Mon or Tues night--it appeared he injured his hand again--then go figure he has two doubles Wed. afternoon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Wasted their money?? Pedroia is the heart and soul of this team. You can't put a price tag on whatbhe brings to this team on an emotional level alone. Considering his virtually flawless defense and the high number of pitches he sees almost every at bat I'd say its money well spent.  By the way, he has the pitcher throw a whole lot of pitches for someone you accuse of not being a contact hitter. Wow! You couldn't be anymore wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

An average does not provide the "money" measurement of a player's ability to increase the probability of the team winning the game.  An average is simply that an average, i.e. some things good, some things bad.  It does not measure how often a player increases the probability of the team winning the game.  It also does not measure how often a player decreases the probability of the team winning the game.  The fact that Pedroia plays second base and perhaps makes few errors is not germane unless he increases the probability of wining and does not decrease it.  Yes, Pedroia gets hits and rbi's but what percentage increased or decreased the probability of the team wining the game.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Here's the truth- Pedey is a questionable three hitter, but not for his lack of contact, but rather lack of power. His OBP and K's are great, but slugging is simply not great for three hitter. Not sure if the numbers play this out but also doesn't seem to be as "money" in clutch at times, but that is difficult to assess. In addition, if he played in Detroit he may be more like a .280 hitter with 6 homers. That being said if he doesn't hit third on this team who would? Salty? Ha.

Regardless of where he hits he is an incredible asset to this team. We get so caught up in WARs and OBS that some winning players get overlooked. Bottom line is this kid is a "gamer." It's ashame not everyone gets it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

An average does not provide the "money" measurement of a player's ability to increase the probability of the team winning the game.  An average is simply that an average, i.e. some things good, some things bad.  It does not measure how often a player increases the probability of the team winning the game.  It also does not measure how often a player decreases the probability of the team winning the game.  The fact that Pedroia plays second base and perhaps makes few errors is not germane unless he increases the probability of wining and does not decrease it.  Yes, Pedroia gets hits and rbi's but what percentage increased or decreased the probability of the team wining the game.  

Just FYI Dustin Pedroia plays second base for the Boston Red Sox. You may want to watch him play sometime. What is the probability of that happening?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

This makes no sense.

1-As others have pointed out, he is one of the best contact hitters in BB.  #7 overall since he broke in.

2-As at least one other poster pointed out, the 3-slot is not as high a contact slot as the 2-slot.  Even if your impossibly inaccurate assessment of him as 'not a contact hitter' was even remotely correct, you still would have a point.

3-Over his career, he's averaged about a 5 WAR, which in $$$ terms is worth about $22.5M.

You seem like someone that stumbled in, felt the need to criticize the RS, but didn't know how to do.  Next time, ask me first and I will point you in the right direction.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Uh ...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

[QUOTE]

Uh ...

[/QUOTE]

Don't look at me for insight.  It was painful enough to read that, let alone trying to decipher it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Don't look at me for insight.  It was painful enough to read that, let alone trying to decipher it.

Maybe if we have another drink.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I thought BingoBilly was a softlaw alias. It sounds like him -- nothing but brainless drivel.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Pedroia should be moved into the 2 spot, so that way Ortiz and Ramirez can go 3-4 ...wait, no, Otiz-Gonzalez ... errr ... um ... wait

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I thought BingoBilly was a softlaw alias. It sounds like him -- nothing but brainless drivel.

Thats my guess too...That rant was a pretty good giveaway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Uh ...

Softlaw has never been one to make sense..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Uh ...

Softlaw has never been one to make sense..

left you a private message on your profile.

Sections
Shortcuts