Pedroia's SPCT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pedroia's SPCT

Holt has a higher SPCT than Pedroia's at .408 to .379....It's stunning when you take into account that Pedroia's lowest SPCT until this year was .415 last year and his lifetime SPCT is .446....Drastic drop for him. His average is good and he's still a GG fielder, but I'm afraid he's losing it a bit as a slugger. Not dumping on him, just stating a fact about his production and lack of slugging.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Pedroia's SPCT

Thanks for stating the facts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

His slugging has dropped for 4 straight seasons, going back to his career high of .493 in 2010.  But his OBP and BA and defense have not.

He brings enough else to the table that I don't fret over one dropping stat as a sign that he is done...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Mr. Irrelevant is back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Holt has a higher SPCT than Pedroia's at .408 to .379....It's stunning when you take into account that Pedroia's lowest SPCT until this year was .415 last year and his lifetime SPCT is .446....Drastic drop for him. His average is good and he's still a GG fielder, but I'm afraid he's losing it a bit as a slugger. Not dumping on him, just stating a fact about his production and lack of slugging.

[/QUOTE]

First you say Pedroia's lower slugging percentage (than Holt's) is "stunning," then you say you aren't dumping on him.  Methinks you speak with forked tongue.  You wouldn't have started this thread if you intent were not to bring him down. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First you say Pedroia's lower slugging percentage (than Holt's) is "stunning," then you say you aren't dumping on him.  Methinks you speak with forked tongue.  You wouldn't have started this thread if you intent were not to bring him down. 

[/QUOTE]

I'd be a little skeptical of someone who chose the name of the player (Danny Cater) that the Red Sox received in the worst Yankee/Sox trade in history, from the Sox' perspective, as his screen name.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I said in April his HR days are behind him and got bashed for it.

He's still very valuable and that $110MM contract is now fair; it's no longer "team friendly" since he has no more power........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's still very valuable and that $110MM contract is now fair; it's no longer "team friendly" since he has no more power........

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  who bashed you?

his power #'s have been down for 2+ years.  what took you so long to "say" it????

other names i have posted under:  none

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

I'd be a little skeptical of someone who chose the name of the player (Danny Cater) that the Red Sox received in the worst Yankee/Sox trade in history, from the Sox' perspective, as his screen name.  

Oh I don't know, that George Herman Ruth thing for $100,000 was probably worse.

But it's in the top 2.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

Oh I don't know, that George Herman Ruth thing for $100,000 was probably worse.

But it's in the top 2.

[/QUOTE]

Babe Ruth was "sold" to the Yankees for cash.  Technically not considered a trade.  Well aware of the transaction, though, and I get your point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I thought SPCT had to do with balls and strikes. (strikes/balls+strikes) or something of that sort. Where does slugging come into it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Trying to think of one thread you have jumped on in the past couple months that hasn't started with "I said (fill in Sox failure) at the (fill in time period) and I got bashed for it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey, wait. What about Ted Williams for Joe DiMaggio? Er, uh, damn, never mind!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't go a day w/o ripping poor ole Pedey, can you.

Of course when you talk about slugging, you have to specify home run power. He's still a doubles machine. He leads the Sox with 31, which is a deceiving 10th in the league. Deceiving because one double would put him in a tie for fourth and two would put him in a tie for third. After Cabrera with 40, the next nine in doubles are between 31 and 34, so Pedroia still ranks among the top in the league in doubles.

And that's fine with me. I never expect a lot of homers from Pedey, certainly not the 21 he hit in 2011. I'd like him to reach double digits but if he's in the seven to nine range but is among the leaders in doubles, that's fine. My beef with him this year was his clutch hitting in the first half. He's up to .252 w/RISP but the first half, he was bad, which hurt the team.

Funny thing about his power is he was a bit snake-bitten this year. I've seen at least four or five balls that had home run distance that he pulled just a bit foul down the LF line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Trying to think of one thread you have jumped on in the past couple months that hasn't started with "I said (fill in Sox failure) at the (fill in time period) and I got bashed for it.

[/QUOTE]

not (I am always right) my (other posters prefer to insult the messenger) fault (and the Sox are pathetic)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  who bashed you?

his power #'s have been down for 2+ years.  what took you so long to "say" it????

other names i have posted under:  none

[/QUOTE]

because he earned the benefit of the doubt

but that's over now; his power is gone

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't go a day w/o ripping poor ole Pedey, can you.

Of course when you talk about slugging, you have to specify home run power. He's still a doubles machine. He leads the Sox with 31, which is a deceiving 10th in the league. Deceiving because one double would put him in a tie for fourth and two would put him in a tie for third. After Cabrera with 40, the next nine in doubles are between 31 and 34, so Pedroia still ranks among the top in the league in doubles.

And that's fine with me. I never expect a lot of homers from Pedey, certainly not the 21 he hit in 2011. I'd like him to reach double digits but if he's in the seven to nine range but is among the leaders in doubles, that's fine. My beef with him this year was his clutch hitting in the first half. He's up to .252 w/RISP but the first half, he was bad, which hurt the team.

Funny thing about his power is he was a bit snake-bitten this year. I've seen at least four or five balls that had home run distance that he pulled just a bit foul down the LF line.

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a bit odd to see Holt, who to me has done very little in the slugging department, have a higher Slugging Percentage than Pedroia. It's 67 points off his career percentage so it's alarming for sure. As a complete player and MLB 2b, he is the best defensive player at his position and certainly among MLB's best 2b men. He's just not going to drive in RBI much or hit HR much. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It is interesting to see fans come flying to his defense no matter what. I do compare him a bit to Nomar in the respect that both were/are hustlers, go 150 percent type guys.