PEDY has 62 hits BUT 48 ARE singles, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: PEDY has 62 hits BUT 48 ARE singles, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

If you have no beef with it, why start a thread about it?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

So, then you actually do have a beef with it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

You tell me, what does it mean?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It means he's getting on base over 40% of the time, and I could care less about HRs if he continues at .400+

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

wiseazz answer:  i think it means that of the 62 times he has reached base via a "hit", 48 of the times he only made it as far as first base.

real point:

i agree.  it is not ideal to have your 3 hitter be a singles hitter.  would be nice to get some slugging % out of the 3-hole. 

my lineup card looks like this:

victorino (when healthy) RF

Pedroia 2b

C. Gonzalez LF (make the trade Ben)

ortiz dh

napoli 1b

middle 3b (lefties) / salty c (righties)

salty c (lefties) / middle 3b (righties)

drew ss

ellsbury CF

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

wiseazz answer:  i think it means that of the 62 times he has reached base via a "hit", 48 of the times he only made it as far as first base.

real point:

i agree.  it is not ideal to have your 3 hitter be a singles hitter.  would be nice to get some slugging % out of the 3-hole. 

Pedroia 2b

ortiz dh

napoli 1b

drew ss

ellsbury CF

I like that, but wonder how Cargo would do in the ALE. Hes a mid 900 OPS in Corrs field, but a 750 OPS away from Coors. thats a clear 200 points away from Coors field. makes me slightly nervous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I like that, but wonder how Cargo would do in the ALE. Hes a mid 900 OPS in Corrs field, but a 750 OPS away from Coors. thats a clear 200 points away from Coors field. makes me slightly nervous.

good point.  i just took a look at the splits.  didnt realize Coors was still playing like that.  super small sample size but he is only 2 for 12 at the fens.  guess i will have to retract my 3 hole / LF choice for the moment.....would be nice to have a 25-30 HR / 100 rbi guy playing LF......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yeah I know his SLG% is down to .426 while his AVg and OBP are up....oh no, 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

good point.  i just took a look at the splits.  didnt realize Coors was still playing like that.  super small sample size but he is only 2 for 12 at the fens.  guess i will have to retract my 3 hole / LF choice for the moment.....would be nice to have a 25-30 HR / 100 rbi guy playing LF......

I worry a little about his injuries, but does Stanton make sense to consider? We really dont have a legit power bat in the system, so starting to think about obtaining one should be in the near future plans with ortiz done next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

def makes sense to consider.  the problem is i dont think he costs them any real $ for another year or so when he is arb eligible so would guess asking price would be high.

he def has the HR #'s but am guessing RBI's are non-existant because: Marlins?

his inury issue legs or arm?  legs feed the wolf....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

def makes sense to consider.  the problem is i dont think he costs them any real $ for another year or so when he is arb eligible so would guess asking price would be high.

he def has the HR #'s but am guessing RBI's are non-existant because: Marlins?

his inury issue legs or arm?  legs feed the wolf....

seems more of the nagging and non contact kind..Except for the shoulder.

http://www.fishstripes.com/2013/4/30/4285344/giancarlo-stanton-injury-hamstring-miami-marlins-analysis

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

It's Sartre in his Sabremetrics library contemplating the significance of the preponderance of singles among Dustin Pedroia's total hits.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to DLetterman's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

It's Sartre in his Sabremetrics library contemplating the significance of the preponderance of singles among Dustin Pedroia's total hits.

Sheriff of what? Mayberry?

Get some original material, Letterman.  Hire a staff of writers if you must.  This Andy Griffith thing is getting tiresome.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

maybe it means he should lead off

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

It means he hitting .331. It means he's getting on base. It means he's scoring runs. As far as HR's go, he's not a slugger.  So, that's what it means.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

real point:

Pedroia 2b

ortiz dh

napoli 1b

drew ss

ellsbury CF

If where gonna go for a prime time player id take Giancarlo (don't call me Mike) Stanton, See if the Marlins might sell lower on him at the deadline. But at the same time i would expect the Marlins to be reluctant selling Low on stanton with him still having another Cheap year on his contract to re-establish his trade value. Make an offer the marlins can't refuse but at the same time dn't overpay with prspects.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

He probably should bat second. The problem is that we don't have another good candidate to bat third at this time.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.