Perfect Example of the 20/20 Hindsight Crowd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Re: Perfect Example of the 20/20 Hindsight Crowd

In Response to Re: Perfect Example of the 20/20 Hindsight Crowd:
    [QUOTE]I never jump on the pitching-change bashing threads.  But, for the record:  I thought Josh should have stayed in the game last night.  Its his game to win right there.  And he was still dealing.  But, it was a judgement call and I can understand why he made it.  Don't agrree.  But I understand.  And that is how I generally perceive all of the Francona decisions I personally disagree with:  don't agree, but i understand.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Most fans don't go on record at that moment ( read the game threads) or do so mentally while watching the game with the computer shut off. They are under no compulsion at that moment to commit themselves one way or the other. They just hope and pray that things work out best for the team. Their scorecard has 25 players on it and not just one manager who determines their happiness or despair. They are hoping for a win and not a scapegoat. If they lose they assume that they sat in the wrong chair, had bad karma, are unlucky in life, or God punished them, or a black cat crossed their path that day. Many blame themselves. Not everyone is zeroed in on blaming Tito.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

All last night's pitching change did was support the fact that Bard should have never been left in the game to pitch to AC or maybe even Brantley for that matter and that a couple of days ago with Bard on "REST" Hill should have been allowed to pitch a little longer. I, for once, am glad to see Tito finally learning from some mistakes. I rarely have a problem with Pitching changes except for the times like the other night, up on the score, late in the game, and your watching a guy imploding right before your eyes, with NOBODY up in the pen because you used up guys quickly innings earlier when you knew you were short handed. Same thing may have happened last night had Hill been removed after the first lefty he got out. As far as Leaving Pedroia on the bench, I Know "DAY OFF", with the bases loaded, that should have it's own thread !! Finally, If our wonderful manager ever mixes in a squeeze play someday, my life will be complete.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Perfect Example of the 20/20 Hindsight Crowd : That is to show you that RS fans are double minded and unstable in all their ways.
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]
     I wish i was double-minded.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perfect Example of the 20/20 Hindsight Crowd : Where did Law go? We battled for a year straight!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

And was it not fun jim?  Surely you found battling Law to far more interesting than listening to pike, surely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Law made his mark that Theo was always 100% wrong. Those who argued with him said that Theo was perhaps 40% wrong. Who in your opinion is more sane? Anyone can come to the forum, register, and act like a bufoon. Why worship and identify with someone like that? Why not identify with Moonslav, Breidy, Katz, Boomerang, or the Jims? The forum should be better than what Burrito finds amusing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You are living proof, Pikett, that anyone can come to the forum, register and act like a buffoon. You do it on a regular basis, hiding behind several transparent identities.

BTW: Buffoon is spelled with two f's.  Must have been a Freudian slip...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Law made his mark that Theo was always 100% wrong. Those who argued with him said that Theo was perhaps 40% wrong. Who in your opinion is more sane? Anyone can come to the forum, register, and act like a bufoon. Why worship and identify with someone like that? Why not identify with Moonslav, Breidy, Katz, Boomerang, or the Jims? The forum should be better than what Burrito finds amusing.
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]

Just so that you don't try and change it and cry 'foul'.
    Remember it next time you point similar out to others.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I don't have an alter ego on here, but if I were to ever create one I would call him..........."CAPTAIN HINDSIGHT"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perfect Example of the 20/20 Hindsight Crowd : 111 pitches is hardly a lot of pitches, unless you are one of the new school guys who think that 100 pitches is a milestone not to be messed with. These guys should be able to handle 130 to 140 pitches on 5 days rest, yet because of big money and a mentality that arms are made of glass, rarely will we see taht. The days of the CG are well behind us.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

All of baseball, all 30 major league teams, treat their starters the same way, but you know better because ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The sad part is,some peoples hindsight still isn't 20/20

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Harness cleverly avoided the point much like Babe always does. Spelling corrections are an easy out. The point was that Law was not someone to worship.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

And how many times have you made an issue of this "easy out" with others?
    What's the matter? The mirror getting too close?
    Law is not the point. Using Law to exemplify the point is the point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe Tito should get a psychic as a pitching coach:
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]
    She's kind of hot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...some peoples hindsight still isn't 20/20

Post of the day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perfect Example of the 20/20 Hindsight Crowd : Don't pretend to know when you don't know.  The difference between me and many others is that I know intellectually that the decision-makers know more than I do.  They have the experience, the numbers, other colleagues, and intimate knowledge of the players that I do not have sitting in my home.  So when Beckett got pulled, it did not surprise me as they probably had Hill pegged to get out the lefty in a particular spot.  Just like Tito knows less than me about running an emergency department, I know less than Tito about managing a baseball team. So no, I was not mad when Beckett got pulled. Just remember, no matter what you do in life, the Sox brass knows more than you, too. And that's the case whether a particular move works out or not.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Excellent point and it is so true that Harness would claim that you are being "devisive". Harness wants the basher ranks to stay the same since that provides for a busy forum and that is his prime directive. It is irrelevant if the bashers are pretending. All that matters to him is the meter that measures entertainment. Burrito thinks the same way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perfect Example of the 20/20 Hindsight Crowd : Excellent point and it is so true that Harness would claim that you are being "devisive". Harness wants the basher ranks to stay the same since that provides for a busy forum and that is his prime directive. It is irrelevant if the bashers are pretending. All that matters to him is the meter that measures entertainment. Burrito thinks the same way.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Why, it's so nice to have a mind-reader on board.
    Would you like to press the computer keys as well?]
    Or does your hen gossip exceed the cyberspace perimeters?

Cackling quack

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Let's stop for a moment and give the manager credit for the job he's done the last 2 games. Well done, Terri.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Bosox1941----You have to remember that those FrancoMa lovers will kick and scream when anyone questions his strategical baseball acumen.  Some of know a little better.  He is a good manager for keeping the morale of the team up, for handling players, for running a good clubhouse, and for keeping the press away from the players so they can concentrate on their duties.  This is all well and good.

However, we should all be frank.  As a field manager he leaves a lot to be desired and I venture to say he costs us upwards of nine or ten games a year. Chandra on this board back in 2007 actually had him down for 16 blown games, an enormous number.  I had him down for eight that year.  He is slow to remove a struggling pitcher, he plays a dull station-to-station game that results in more double plays than I have hairs on my head, he hardly ever bunts, rarely moves the runners----and the most aggravating thing of all is that before the game he decides who is going to pitch and how long they will throw.  Game changing events mean nothing to him because he simply cannot think outside the box, he cannot alter his pre-planned routine no matter what the changing circumstances are and what astounds me is that so many people here and elsewhere either cannot see it or refuse to see it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Bosox1941----You have to remember that those FrancoMa lovers will kick and scream when anyone questions his strategical baseball acumen.  Some of know a little better.  He is a good manager for keeping the morale of the team up, for handling players, for running a good clubhouse, and for keeping the press away from the players so they can concentrate on their duties.  This is all well and good. However, we should all be frank.  As a field manager he leaves a lot to be desired and I venture to say he costs us upwards of nine or ten games a year. Chandra on this board back in 2007 actually had him down for 16 blown games, an enormous number.  I had him down for eight that year.  He is slow to remove a struggling pitcher, he plays a dull station-to-station game that results in more double plays than I have hairs on my head, he hardly ever bunts, rarely moves the runners----and the most aggravating thing of all is that before the game he decides who is going to pitch and how long they will throw.  Game changing events mean nothing to him because he simply cannot think outside the box, he cannot alter his pre-planned routine no matter what the changing circumstances are and what astounds me is that so many people here and elsewhere either cannot see it or refuse to see it.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]

You mentioned Tito's attributes. Tell me, if he costs  the team 9-10 games a year with his in-game managing...how many games are won with his positive influence?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Bosox1941----You have to remember that those FrancoMa lovers will kick and scream when anyone questions his strategical baseball acumen.  Some of know a little better.  He is a good manager for keeping the morale of the team up, for handling players, for running a good clubhouse, and for keeping the press away from the players so they can concentrate on their duties.  This is all well and good. However, we should all be frank.  As a field manager he leaves a lot to be desired and I venture to say he costs us upwards of nine or ten games a year. Chandra on this board back in 2007 actually had him down for 16 blown games, an enormous number.  I had him down for eight that year.  He is slow to remove a struggling pitcher, he plays a dull station-to-station game that results in more double plays than I have hairs on my head, he hardly ever bunts, rarely moves the runners----and the most aggravating thing of all is that before the game he decides who is going to pitch and how long they will throw.  Game changing events mean nothing to him because he simply cannot think outside the box, he cannot alter his pre-planned routine no matter what the changing circumstances are and what astounds me is that so many people here and elsewhere either cannot see it or refuse to see it.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]

This is a bunch of nonsense.  you can question moves all you like.  That is your right.  However, you need to be fair.  If he does something YOU like, should that not get the same amount of fanfare as when he does something YOU don't like?  As I mentioned earlier, anything you posted is simply your opinion.  Tito knows more than you do about every one of the instances you claim he gets wrong.  If you think playing station to station at times is wrong in that particular situation.  What are you basing everything on?  I'm telling you what the basis is...20/20 hindsight.  It may come as a surprise but Tito doesn't have that benefit.  It's real easy for you to see a player ground into a DP and say he should sent the runner.  Do you really think managing on this level is that easy?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Beckett as an ace belonged in the game still... that's all there is to say."

Francona manages for the season and you want him to manage for the game as if the one game is all that matters. You fail to realize that baseball is won over a season. 

My favorite thing about armchair Francona bashers like you is that when we lose, it's his fault but when we win, he gets no credit. That's simply not a viable position.

The strange thing is that with the venom you post with about him, you'd think we were a last place team that has never made it to the playoffs. 

And for the record I don't think he's a perfect manager either. He's got some flaws in game management but there's no arguing with his overall results. 

Sections
Shortcuts