Perfect marriage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Perfect marriage

After their pen's implosion in the WS, how can the Rangers not be courting Paps?  

It seems to me that Nolan Ryan should be on one knee with a proposal.

The question is, can the Rangers afford him? 

Timing is everything and this would go over bigger in Dallas than Kate & William hooking up in London!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Perfect marriage

Depends on when Josh Hamilton hits free agency.

Beltre make $14mil
    Young makes $16mil
    Hamilton makes $8.7mil

Pap should get at least $14 mil.  Figure Hamilton should get $18mil.  Can they afford 4 guys getting paid $62 million?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

That is not the Rangers's biggest concern.  Their biggest concern is that they do not have a true #1 ace!  Wilson isnt the answer.  Texas can still sign Wilson anyway, and try to find a true #1 ace via trade.

That was why they want Sabathia badly if he opt out of the contract. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

I did read an article recently that said they would be willing to bump their payroll again next season. But that only matters if they are going to move Feliz to the rotation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

PAPS WOULD MELT IN THAT HEAT....... HECK, DAVEY CROCKETT ONLY LASTED 13 DAYS !!!!!CoolWink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

make no mistake, the Rangers, like the Sox and Yankees can afford what ever they wish

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Papelbon is from Mississippi       I think he can handle the heat  on and off the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Perfect marriage:
    [QUOTE]After their pen's implosion in the WS, how can the Rangers not be courting Paps?    It seems to me that Nolan Ryan should be on one knee with a proposal. The question is, can the Rangers afford him?  Timing is everything and this would go over bigger in Dallas than Kate & William hooking up in London!
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and wouldn't be surprised if they want Papelbon.  I heard some of the local tv announcers say that if the Rangers had Papelbon they would have won the World Series.   Their bullpen couldn't handle the pressure of pitching in the World Series.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Unfortunately Paps will find greener pastures elsewhere since there won't be a lack of teams willing to pay for a great closer with Paps credentials.  This is one move that creates a real hard void to fill.  There won't be a closer with WS experience when the Sox get there next year!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Perfect marriage:
    [QUOTE]Depends on when Josh Hamilton hits free agency. Beltre make $14mil Young makes $16mil Hamilton makes $8.7mil Pap should get at least $14 mil.  Figure Hamilton should get $18mil.  Can they afford 4 guys getting paid $62 million?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

If they can't they will just declare bankruptcy and let MLB subsidize them till they get back on their feet.  Worked pretty well for them  last time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Heath Bell could replace Papelbon, but I'd rather keep him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]That is not the Rangers's biggest concern.  Their biggest concern is that they do not have a true #1 ace!  Wilson isnt the answer.  Texas can still sign Wilson anyway, and try to find a true #1 ace via trade. That was why they want Sabathia badly if he opt out of the contract. 
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

"#1 ace" is redundant.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]make no mistake, the Rangers, like the Sox and Yankees can afford what ever they wish
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

That's true.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think the Sox would be crazy to let Papelbon go. Perfect marriage or not, they need to keep him in Boston. His last game didn't turn out so well, but his season did. And he has absolutely no problem with high-pressure situations. As a matter of fact, I think he thrives on it.

If they RS intend, hopefully, to keep getting themselves into high-pressure situations, they need a guy just like that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Timing is everything and this would go over bigger in Dallas than Kate & William hooking up in London!

Only a group of middle aged and old women had any interest in hooking up with Williams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Nolan Ryan is wise enough to know that taking the path of the 90's Indians or the Rays more recently and slowly dismantling your near-miss WSC team can only lead to years upon years of secondary finishes.

He must and will anti-up this off-season.  The window is not closing as much as it is open and tempting opportunity.

Watch for Ryan to look into trading for Beckett and signing Papelbon. He recognizes these two are winners. On their best days they are Ryan's kinda pitchers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Nolan Ryan is wise enough to know that taking the path of the 90's Indians or the Rays more recently and slowly dismantling your near-miss WSC team can only lead to years upon years of secondary finishes. He must and will anti-up this off-season.  The window is not closing as much as it is open and tempting opportunity. Watch for Ryan to look into trading for Beckett and signing Papelbon. He recognizes these two are winners. On their best days they are Ryan's kinda pitchers.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Works for me! Just trade Beckett for Lewis and we can get Capps off FA.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]Timing is everything and this would go over bigger in Dallas than Kate & William hooking up in London!

Only a group of middle aged and old women had any interest in hooking up with Williams.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

You not only missed out on the metaphor of the original post, but the ball through Buckner's legs pales in comparison to you missing the reference to Kate & William.

So before taking swipes at the 'middle aged and old', I would suggest, junior, that you pull your britches up now that you have exposed yourself to one and all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

You not only missed out on the metaphor of the original post,

In fact, you missed out on the metaphor, as it was a complete non-sequitur from your own hollow head. Now, if you want to start a thread, do so, but at least leave out your own vapid fixations.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Colby Lewis or Scott Feldman and a top pitching prospect ( AA or AAA) or Michael Young and his contract and a top pitching prospect for Beckett and his contract.
    Lewis will probably be replaced in the rotation by Feliz and Beckett will replace CJ Wilson.
    I have a strong feeling Pap will wind up in Texas as has  been mentioned before on this thread and in the forum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Heath Bell could replace Papelbon, but I'd rather keep him.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Heath Bell hasn't closed a game in his career that had the slightest bit of importance yet.  Ever.

Good choice for the pressurecooker in Boston, though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

I see Paps to Philly more likely than Texas, with Madsen, Soriano or Bell leading the list of replacements.  Hopefully they press Paps to decide early in the process so all the replacements aren't gone.  He may want to let the market play out to up his asking price.  Will definitely be interesting to follow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE] And he has absolutely no problem with high-pressure situations. As a matter of fact, I think he thrives on it. .
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Hmm, thinking back to the last several high-pressure situations... when was the last one that worked out for him?  2007?

Sections
Shortcuts