Perhaps they can stop drooling over the Tigers starters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Perhaps they can stop drooling over the Tigers starters

Lackey pitched his best game of the year and in a Sox uniform and the Fox crew kept going on and on about how the Tigers starters are dominating the Sox lineup. Then Napoli pulls his pant legs down and goes yard....Someone forget to tell them that the final score is all that matters.

Sox are back in the drivers seat...what a game!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Perhaps they can stop drooling over the Tigers starters

Well, they aren't wrong.  Our pitching has done well, but their pitching has dominated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Time to drool over our pitching!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Well, they aren't wrong.  Our pitching has done well, but their pitching has dominated.

it was the other way around today...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Thank you Beantowne. Eat that Mccarver and Buck. It was beginning to become the Fister show tonight. First it was the Scherzer show with their wine and dine interview (that is still going I think). And tonight was the Fister show. On and on they went. Mccarver could barely give credit to Naps for going yard. Lackey goes toe to toe and they just could not support the effort by the SOX(Buck did for a bit). For all that domination, which I give the Tigers credit, BOSTON leads 2-1. That says something for Boston pitching does it not? H_ll yes.  Well played today boys. Well played. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Let the announcers drool all they want, even give the Detroit pitchers a shower with their drool.  Final score's what matters.  A couple of more wins, and their drool will freeze, locking their lips and tongues, and render them speechless except for the occasional grunts and crying whimpers!  Go Red Sox!

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Not disputing how well the Tigers starters have fared. Aside from one tough inning by Buccholz our guys have pitched pretty well too. Not to mention the backend of our pen Breslow, Tazawa and Uehara have been nails. We're up 2-1 at one point during the broadcast perhaps Buck and McCarver might actullay deviate from the script and give credit where credit is due...Verlander was dominant tonight...Lackey out pitched him...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

McCarver was just gushing over the Tigers, but nothing about the sox or Lackey. He made it sound like the Sox got lucky. Never complained once about a ball that was called a strike with the tigers but was up in arms because they gave a low call to the Sox in the last inning.

I swear, if I didnt know I would have thought they were tigers broadcasters. I never usually complain about this but it was so painfully obvious today. They are supposed to be national broadcasters, maybe they should act like it.

They almost sounded disappointed when the tigers didnt win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Thank you Beantowne. Eat that Mccarver and Buck. It was beginning to become the Fister show tonight. First it was the Scherzer show with their wine and dine interview (that is still going I think). And tonight was the Fister show. On and on they went. Mccarver could barely give credit to Naps for going yard. Lackey goes toe to toe and they just could not support the effort by the SOX(Buck did for a bit). For all that domination, which I give the Tigers credit, BOSTON leads 2-1. That says something for Boston pitching does it not? H_ll yes.  Well played today boys. Well played. 

True dat.  McCarver,  retire already.  Please tell me he won't be part of the WS broadcast team.  He hetes Boston with a sarcastic passion.

One thing... It was VERLANDER tonight... Fister vs. Peavy tomorrow.  

Don't mind Buck, but McCarver, like Joe Morgan need to be put out to pasture.  Time marches on...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

True dat.  McCarver,  retire already.  Please tell me he won't be part of the WS broadcast team.  He hetes Boston with a sarcastic passion.

One thing... It was VERLANDER tonight... Fister vs. Peavy tomorrow.  

Don't mind Buck, but McCarver, like Joe Morgan need to be put out to pasture.  Time marches on...

Oh I know is was Verlander. Sorry, I was making reference to the interviews not tonights pitcher. Thanks. Greaaattttttt win. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I just watched a breakdown of the Tigers hitter v the Red Sox pitchers during the series on Mlb with Al Lieter. The premises of the piece was that it isn't what our pitchers are doing but rather what the Tigers hitter arn't doing...They showed a half dozen or so isolated piitches that were in the zone without setting it up with the previous pitches. in each of the atbats the hitters hit harmless fly bals to wnd innings and Lieters contention was that they were simply missing hittable pitches with men on base...

So I've come to the conclusion that all of the networks are simply perplexed by the success our pitching staff is having against the mighty Tigers of Detriot and while they do credit the Sox as a team for being a "gutsy". They continue to overlook the fact that it was the Sox and not the Tigers that had the best record in the game and it's the Sox that lead the series 2 games to 1 and our lineup is not exactly Swiss cheese...Both teams pitching staff have played a role in where the series is and it's time the Networks tuned in...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanpaul33. Show fanpaul33's posts

McCarver and Buck are so biased against the sox. Can not wait till McCarver retires.Every year it gets worse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

McCarver was just gushing over the Tigers, but nothing about the sox or Lackey. He made it sound like the Sox got lucky. Never complained once about a ball that was called a strike with the tigers but was up in arms because they gave a low call to the Sox in the last inning.

I swear, if I didnt know I would have thought they were tigers broadcasters. I never usually complain about this but it was so painfully obvious today. They are supposed to be national broadcasters, maybe they should act like it.

They almost sounded disappointed when the tigers didnt win.

perfect post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

You  may be right with the starting pitching for both teams, and Detriot have the advantage. But Boston is just a better over-all pitching than the Tigers.  If the game is tight, and both teams have to use bullpen pitching, that is a huge advantage for Boston cuz Boston's bullpen pitching are like three times better than the Tigers's.  That is what we all saw in the past 7 post season games for Boston.  

Best way to beat Boston is to have a comfortable lead.  I know the Tigers did that on game #2, but they risked themselve pitching to Big Papi.  But still look at Miggy who had two men on bases last nite, and Boston risked themselve pitching to him, and struck him out easily.   

That is why I know that Boston bullpen have more confidence facing talent hitters than the Tigers do.  I think tonite, the game could belong to Boston easily cuz their confidence is getting stronger and stronger as the series move on.   V-Mart and Peralta are both pain in the a$$es, but Boston probably know that they are the  key guys to keep off of the base just like Boston had to keep James Loney off of the base as much they can in the last two games of the series, and it worked.

With a win tonite, it is over for the Tigers!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I always have the sound off and closed captions on, which means I basically ignore what they are saying.

From my perspective the Tigers pitching is a great story in this ALCS.  Their rotation has been downright unreal, giving up 2 runs in 3 starts and, what, 21 innings?  Against the best offense in MLB.  So I don't blame them for drooling.  They have, however, missed the story of the Sox pitching especially the Sox bullpen and of course Lackey last night and, for that matter, Lester in game 1, who lost, 1-0.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

It just dawned on me another reason to want LA is the start times will be much better with the West Coast games.

Start times are not going to vary one iota, no matter who is in it.  First pitch will be between 8 and 8:30 Eastern every game, regardless of who the opposition is.  Maybe a Saturday game will start a little earlier.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I always have the sound off and closed captions on, which means I basically ignore what they are saying.

From my perspective the Tigers pitching is a great story in this ALCS.  Their rotation has been downright unreal, giving up 2 runs in 3 starts and, what, 21 innings?  Against the best offense in MLB.  So I don't blame them for drooling.  They have, however, missed the story of the Sox pitching especially the Sox bullpen and of course Lackey last night and, for that matter, Lester in game 1, who lost, 1-0.   

Tigers starting pitching has been sensational, no doubt. So has been the Sox ability to deal with it.  They got Sanchez out early in game 1 albeit the Tigers' pen held.  They got to the Tigers' pen in game 2, and they actually hit some decent shots off of Verlander (Gomes foul, Papi's long shot) prior to Napoli's homer.

Agreed keep the sound down, but Fox is still substandard.  They virtually never show the positions of the players, like Cabrera plays ridiculously in for Ellsbury & Victorino.  Not just the 3rd base bag level in, way, way in.  The show the stike zone and some other close plays only when McDipstick wants to make a point.  It's frustrating to listen to radio only to not see a close call re-run.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

It just dawned on me another reason to want LA is the start times will be much better with the West Coast games.

======================================

I have, perhaps selfishly, wanted Dodgers to win so I could drive down to tinseltown & see some games. Also, wanted to hopefully see C. Crawford humiliated.

Why are we up 2-1 vs Detroit. I would say on a % basis it's 75% starting & relief pitching & 25% clutch hitting.

Lackey is a fighter like Peavy. Loved it when he was being removed last night and he said "You've got to be f--king kidding me". At the time I felt he had 2 outs and no hard hit balls in that inning and he should have pitched to Avila whom he owned.

We are batting .133 and at 90 at bats have 43 strike outs, almost 50%. They are not doing much better hitting about .225.  Napoli had 6 at bats & all strike outs before his HR.  But their guy who walks on water, Cabrera, was 0-4 and the most critical out was with men on 1st & 3rd and he struck out. All games have been close including Tampa except for the 1st, 12-2, so 1-2 runs are critical in this series & I would advise our speedies, Ells, Vic, Pedey and even Nava, Middy, drew & Gomes to think about laying down bunts toward Cabrera who is very immobile & getting on and stealing and also helping their pitcher lose concentration.

Greedy perhaps but I'm looking for a sweep in Detroit and having the next game in Fenway be in the World Series.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Chicagofire's comment:

I wonder how much revenue each game at Fenway brings in to the ownership?

i would guess north of $10MM per.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to croc's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Tigers starting pitching has been sensational, no doubt. So has been the Sox ability to deal with it.  They got Sanchez out early in game 1 albeit the Tigers' pen held.  They got to the Tigers' pen in game 2, and they actually hit some decent shots off of Verlander (Gomes foul, Papi's long shot) prior to Napoli's homer.

Agreed keep the sound down, but Fox is still substandard.  They virtually never show the positions of the players, like Cabrera plays ridiculously in for Ellsbury & Victorino.  Not just the 3rd base bag level in, way, way in.  The show the stike zone and some other close plays only when McDipstick wants to make a point.  It's frustrating to listen to radio only to not see a close call re-run.

croc, completely agree on the failure to show where the defense is positioned.  I am beginning to think Fox Sports is a talk show with accompanying live video which only serves as fodder for further discussion.  Those interviews during the game are just plain horsehockey.  I would far rather read a sportswriters summary/synopsis of what he found out in the locker room after the game.  And during the game, I want the focus to be on the field, including the whole field. 

Sections
Shortcuts