pete rose got lifetime ban.really?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

pete rose got lifetime ban.really?

today some of these players use drugs to make it to mlb.they cheat to

win games and to change the record books.they get a suspension and

get to come back again.sosa mcgwire bonds and all the rest should be

taken out of the record books and forgot about.i will stick with ruth maris

and aaron as my main men.i dont want to hear that none of these people

i talked about never failed a drug test.just look at them you can see it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Re: pete rose got lifetime ban.really?

Well...your post is a little "rambly" and doesn't mention Pete Rose at all. 

BUT

If I were  commissioner for a day, one of the first things I'd do would be to put Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame. He played the game the right way...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Charlie Hustle 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

BUT

If I were  commissioner for a day, one of the first things I'd do would be to put Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame. He played the game the right way...

that's never been the question

question is did he manage it the right way

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

MLB is a joke, Braun should be on strike 2 and gone for 100 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

BUT

[/QUOTE]

He is on record for saying he only gambled for his team to win...

I understand why this is a serious offense because if he bet the other way, he would essentially be responsible for throwing games (ask the 1919 White Sox how that turned out)

I look at his playing career and managerial career as two seperate entities. Vote him in as a player and make it be known that gambling on baseball will not be tolerated from those in the game. As a player, there is no doubt he deserves to be in there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Pete Rose manipulated the outcome of games to make money, Ryan Braun put drugs in his body to perform better. One can destroy the integrity of the game while the other just gives a player an unfair advantage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I understand why this is a serious offense because if he bet the other way, he would essentially be responsible for throwing games (ask the 1919 White Sox how that turned out)

U R right archer

how bout the games he didn't bet on

did he rest his better BP guys those nights

is that throwing a game

can a bookie or friend profit from knowing he wasn't betting on his team to win that night?

I look at his playing career and managerial career as two separate entities. Vote him in as a player and make it be known that gambling on baseball will not be tolerated from those in the game.

that's been the golden rule for yrs

posted in every dugout

As a player, there is no doubt he deserves to be in there.

he is in the HOF for some of his achievements

he just isn't inducted

as it should be IMO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

BUT

It's a serious offense either way.  Does he use his closer for the 3rd or 4th straight game knowing he has a bet to win, regardless of how it might affect tomorrow's game (which he might not bet on).  Does he play a player who could use a day (minor injury) off just because he has a bet down to win or run a guy who he shouldn't?  The bet to win can have implications on both the current game and the next 2 or 3. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Pete was an obnoxious player and person, and I'm glad he's not in the hall.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

After the black sox scandal, MLB really only had one cardinal rule--don't gamble.  Everybody but everybody knew about it.  Rose not only gambled, he lied about it. He still lies about it and has no remorse.  He believes he is bigger than baseball.   I think he was a terrific player and was a key to the Phillies getting that WS win, but I hope he never gets into the Hall of Fame.  When he got the lifetime ban, he was no longer in baseball.

As for the PED's there was no clear mandate about them because the MLBPA didn't want anything enforced, so MLB and the owners were hamstrung.   But that is turning around now, and the guys like Bonds who were pretty clearly offenders aren't getting into the HOF. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Pete Rose manipulated the outcome of games to make money, Ryan Braun put drugs in his body to perform better. One can destroy the integrity of the game while the other just gives a player an unfair advantage.

This has to go down as one of the most idiotic posts in forum history. Braun was the one who manipulated the outcome of games by injecting an unfair advantage into his body allowing him to torch the Dbacks in the playoffs. What Rose did HAD ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING ON THE GAMES PLAYED THAT HE MANAGED, AND EVEN IF HE BET AGAINST HIS TEAM, WHICH HE DIDN'T, FIND ME AN IOTA OF EVIDENCE THAT SHOWS HE MANAGED BASED ON HIS BETS? THE ANSWER IS HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING THAT A LOT OF GUYS HAVE DONE OVER THE YEARS. PLACE BETS. INTEGRITY? PLEEEEEEEASE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The problem with baseball and is the rules of the game changed. Gambling was the No. 1 issue with affecting sports outcomes in the 1920s, 1930s....Today, it's PEDs used to completely alter the balance of talent with a dominoe effect that affects the careers of pitchers who face hitters, the teams outcomes, the salaries offered, etc....Gambling was a problem and it's not much of one anymore in this sport. Harder to throw games with 16 camera angles showing if some guy dropped a ball on purpose, or took a bad swing on purpose. Pete Rose is the all-time hits leader. He's not a great person by any stretch, neither was Cobb. So what. He should be in the Hall of Fame. If you base it on statistics which for the most part that is what the MLB Hall of Fame is mostly about.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You can probably make a good guess and say there are 50 or more percent of the big stars in MLB who are abusing synthetic, harder-to-trace PEDs. Bottom line, it's horrible for the sport, much more horrible than "gambling" when at the time it was going on, partially affected by players who felt they should have gotten a better slice of the pie like today's muscle-enhanced freaks of nature who collect millions of dollars based on body-altering drugs. The integrity of the game left town a long time ago. Miguel Cabrera, Josh Hamilton, and likely Bryce Harper at even age 12 was taking drugs to get bigger, better. We all look the other way, but it's time to BAN players for good who are caught.  They banned others for less--Joe Jackson

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

agreed, burrito. Banning an MVP in the prime of his career--think Joe Jackson again--would be the ultimate message. But we live in the society of "let's a cut a deal" instead of playing by rules, or going by the intent of the rules--which from intent is not to cheat your way to a MLB career because you got away with it. Braun got away with it. He loses what 4 million on a 100-plus million contract and big whoop 65 games for a team that was hopelessly out of a postseason spot. The only thing Braun is going to do in his time off is spend money and not talk to reporters as he waits for next Spring. Time heals all wounds for cheaters too...Disgusting. Ban him, and ban Colon, and ban AFraud, and just ban em all. It should have started with the first list.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pete was an obnoxious player and person, and I'm glad he's not in the hall.

So was Ty Cobb. I guess he shouldn't be in the hall either.Babe Ruth was a womanizer and a slob; I guess he shouldn't be in the hall either.

Sammy Sosa took steroids and used a corked bat, but, from what i understand, he was a nice guy. So, using your 'logic', i guess he should be in the hall.

[/QUOTE]

No, it's not logical, I just didn't like his ways and so I'm glad he's not going into the Hall.  Couldn't stand the guy.  No doubt he would have deservedly been a first ballot HOFer but for going the insider gambler route.  Can't stand Cobb either, really ugly personality, but he's in the hall and deserves to be.  Can't stand Clemens, hope he doesn't get in either, another cheater and liar. What's logic got to do with it?  Ruth's sins were smaller imho, and he seemed amiable enough.  Sosa shouldn't be in for the same reasons McGuire Bonds and Clemens shouldn't be in.  Just my opinion, everybody's got one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

This has to go down as one of the most idiotic posts in forum history. Braun was the one who manipulated the outcome of games by injecting an unfair advantage into his body allowing him to torch the Dbacks in the playoffs. What Rose did HAD ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING ON THE GAMES PLAYED THAT HE MANAGED, AND EVEN IF HE BET AGAINST HIS TEAM, WHICH HE DIDN'T, FIND ME AN IOTA OF EVIDENCE THAT SHOWS HE MANAGED BASED ON HIS BETS? THE ANSWER IS HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING THAT A LOT OF GUYS HAVE DONE OVER THE YEARS. PLACE BETS. INTEGRITY? PLEEEEEEEASE.

[/QUOTE]

If you place bets on the games you manage you are literally making moves because you have to win or lose money. You force players into situations in which could endanger the player because you need to win. Every time he didn't bet on a game his team played, he was betting on them losing. If you can't see how that would destroy the intergrity of the game maybe you should just watch jai lai. One person cheating has an extra advantage in a game they are already trying to win. Can you really believe Ryan Braun has been worse for baseball than Pete Rose?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Braun should be banned for life..... I urge anyone who cares to go back to last year and listen to his own words of self-vindication. Rose can stay banned to, I could care. However comparing the two cases I would say Braun has done the bigger damage to baseball.

How? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If I were the commisioner for two weeks I would mandatorily test everyone in Major and minor League baseball, if you come back clean you can remain in Baseball if not via con dios,no ifs ands or buts! As for Rose and Joe Jackson an automatic entry into the HOF, if any resisitance is met with this decision I would then require the HOF to take all of the artifacts that are in the Hall pertaining to those two indiviguals to be removed, and no mention of their accomplishments would ever be allowed to be used in the HOF again.

Sections
Shortcuts