Re: Pete Rose
posted at 8/15/2013 11:48 AM EDT
In response to soups' comment:
Zac, interesting posts. But there's some flaws...
1. Were there signs in the dugouts saying not to bet on games? Because there are no signs in dugouts right now denouncing PEDs. None.
in every locker room in every Major League Baseball stadium
there are no betting on BB signs
my point was when rose bet it was clear it was a huge no no
where as using peds was not as clear when guys like mcgwire used
2. Rose never bet against his own team, according to tons of sources. Site your source if you're claiming that he did. If it's just a rumor, don't write it.
dowd said he thought so
had some info but ran out of time B4 he could solidly prove it
all I asked is what did rose get out of 'the deal'
was it to beat dowd to the stronger proof or suppress such info
3. ARod is allowed to play right now, despite the fact that he is probably still using. Rose isn't even allowed to attend a game. There's a lot more hard evidence on A Rod than there ever was on Rose. So if you think Rose should be banned, then by your own logic, ARod should be stranded on an island that's never heard of the game of baseball.
perhaps it's my bad soup
but U R not following me an vice versa
I don't except the premise that using is as bad a gambling
the conversation started with the OP comparing rose
with present coaches that were users
that's why I brought the signs into play
BTW I don't think it's true that rose can't go to games
read that he goes to reds games all the time
4. How many guys do you think were using speed, amphetamines, or a mixed cocktail during that era? It's going to be a much, much higher rate than guys who are using PEDs today. Much higher. And that's to say nothing of widespread cocaine use.
not sure about '' much ,much ''
but I don't disagree
however I don't see your point
5. So, if Rose would just admit that he gambled, that would be enough to change people's minds?
I never said that, I only knocked him for still denying that's why he got booted recently
Then what's your take on Cabrera, the former Yank? Three strikes and he should be out of the game forever...but he won't be.
why do you say that
things are getting better not worse in that dept
If Rose had the same measure of protection that these cheaters do, he'd never have been banned.
IMO 2 different unequal crimes