Peter Abraham: Bobby V "became a tour guide at the minefield...time to blow it up...is steadily approaching." Your reaction?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Re: Peter Abraham: Bobby V "became a tour guide at the minefield...time to blow it up...is steadily approaching." Y...

This team is vastly unchanged from the one that imploded last season - maybe it's even worse. Our pitching has been horrible, you can't pretty it up or cherry pick the stats on how bad our pitching has been. This team doesn't just need a shake up, if it wants to be successful like it was between 03-08, it needs reform.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Peter Abraham: Bobby V "became a tour guide at the minefield...time to blow it up...is steadily approaching." Y...

Completely right and I agree. We will be selling at the Trade Deadline the way this team is playing, because it is going to be difficult to climb out of the hole we dug ourselves in. The depth we have is suspect and we did nothing but sign every team around the leagues throwaways. Hopefully we can take another teams lungs for the players that we have, like they do to us at the trade deadlines.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Theo offered a kings ransom for Felix and was still denied, not to mention we would have to trade some god vets to get him since our prospects aren't what they were a few years ago. Look at Lincecum since SF just signed Cain to a big contract, I don't like the idea of Johan though. Something needs to happen, but if it's going to be big I think, unfortunately, ownership would make that move after the season is over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

The epic collapse of September does weigh heavy on this team, but it's time to consider 2012 as it's own season.  It doesn't need to be bundled in with last year to prove it disastrous.  It has done that on it's own.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

At least now we know why Theo left...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Peter Abraham knows more than I by a good margin, but I just don't see how a big trade is going to make a difference because the Sox will have to give up too much. 

For example, to get Felix Herhandez, I'm guessing the Sox would have to give up Pedroia and AGon, both all-stars.  How is that a good deal? 

Abraham has fallen into the trap of believing there are teams out there just dying to give up ace starters--just because the Sox need an ace starter. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

It's exactly why the biggest, and least talked about, mistake the Red Sox made in the past 20yrs was failing to sign Roy Halladay when we had the chance. Not only a proven stud #1 guy, but one from our very own American League East!! No risk of signing a "stud" who might falter in the hot environs of the Yankee/Red Sox rivalry. This guy was PROVEN. A guy who could have mentored the young kids on our staff...you know, kinda an anti Josh Beckett. But nooooooooooooo! Theo was too busy relying on Carmine, an old quija board, and a gaggle of 1 eyed leprechauns to know a once in a lifetime chance when he saw it. He instead stupidly went for Lackey, believing he could somehow offer similiar value for $3 million a yr less pay. Bah!!!! Imagine our team today anchored by the greatest pitcher of the last 10yrs. But don't expect to be tear free afterwards! I am growing more+more tired of defending the idiocy and arrogance of Josh Beckett. I'd trade him gladly if we could get 75% value for him. The attitude loss alone might just be worth it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Abraham: Bobby V "became a tour guide at the minefield...time to blow it up...is steadily approaching." Your reaction?:
    It's exactly why the biggest, and least talked about, mistake the Red Sox made in the past 20yrs was failing to sign Roy Halladay when we had the chance. Not only a proven stud #1 guy, but one from our very own American League East!! No risk of signing a "stud" who might falter in the hot environs of the Yankee/Red Sox rivalry. This guy was PROVEN. A guy who could have mentored the young kids on our staff...you know, kinda an anti Josh Beckett. But nooooooooooooo! Theo was too busy relying on Carmine, an old quija board, and a gaggle of 1 eyed leprechauns to know a once in a lifetime chance when he saw it. He instead stupidly went for Lackey, believing he could somehow offer similiar value for $3 million a yr less pay. Bah!!!! Imagine our team today anchored by the greatest pitcher of the last 10yrs. But don't expect to be tear free afterwards! I am growing more+more tired of defending the idiocy and arrogance of Josh Beckett. I'd trade him gladly if we could get 75% value for him. The attitude loss alone might just be worth it.
    Posted by Teakus

Roy Halladay never reached free agency:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hallaro01.shtml#trans

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/08/epstein-red-sox-pursued-halladay-hard.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

You are correct sir! He was being shopped in a trade, and the signing I'm thinking of was the additional yrs Roy wanted to waive his no trade clause. It should have been our teams top priority to trade for him AND sign him to an extension. Theo claims to have made "some offers" but none that "blew him away" , referring to the Toronto GM. What more valuable prize existed? An inning eating, sub 2.90 ERA, great clubhouse guy...and doing all this in the AL East? Come on! WTH not blow him away? Could Carmine have been whispering in his ear seductively "I know Roy's good...but Lackey's still out there Theoooooooooo...."

In Response to Re: Peter Abraham: Bobby V "became a tour guide at the minefield...time to blow it up...is steadily approaching." Your reaction?:
    In Response to Re: Peter Abraham: Bobby V "became a tour guide at the minefield...time to blow it up...is steadily approaching." Your reaction? : Roy Halladay never reached free agency: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hallaro01.shtml#trans http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/08/epstein-red-sox-pursued-halladay-hard.html
    Posted by hill55

Sections
Shortcuts