Peter Abraham is kinda funny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Peter Abraham is kinda funny

The Sox did everything they could to sign eighth round draft pick Senquez Golson. They flew him to Boston, offered him first-round money and even had Crawford recruit him. In the end, he wanted to play football and baseball at Ole Miss. Given the sad state of college athletics these days, it probably pays better.

i think its funny anyway

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

Re: Peter Abraham is kinda funny

actually, peter abraham is a theo boot-licker; and is about as funny as pauly shore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Something I found interesting today when I read it was that Alex Rodriguez is on the board of trustees at the University of Miami.It really just surprised me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Abraham is kinda funny:
    actually, peter abraham is a theo boot-licker; and is about as funny as pauly shore.
    Posted by theYAZZER

Dead wrong.  He is a professional sportswriter who is interesting and insightful to read.  Better than Bob Ryan, Dan Shaughnessy, et al.  He can be critical of players--see him on Ellsbury last year, for example--but overall is supportive.  If he weren't, he would be out of a job. 

Do you honestly thing any Boston sportswriter can successfully attack Theo Epstein day in and day out as you do and remain a Boston sportswriter when the Sox right now are the most successful Red Sox franchise in 110 years? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Something I found interesting today when I read it was that Alex Rodriguez is on the board of trustees at the University of Miami.It really just surprised me.
    Posted by mrmojo1120
    i haven't heard that, but i do know he has donated money to the university to build an athletic center or something like that...maybe a practice facility....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Abraham is kinda funny : i haven't heard that, but i do know he has donated money to the university to build an athletic center or something like that...maybe a pratice facility....
    Posted by jete02fan

Hey Jete.I think you're probably right about the donation.As far as I know,Arod never went to college so it took me by surprise he was on the board.This is a paragraph from an article on ESPN.com and her's a link:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/6875389/alex-rodriguez-calls-poker-reports-unfair-inaccurate

Rodriguez also offered a brief comment about the scandal involving football players from the University of Miami, of which he is a member of the Board of Trustees.

"I'm just very sad about the whole thing,'' he said, adding he had never had any contact with ex-booster Nevin Shapiro, who claims to have plied members of the Hurricanes with cash, gifts and prostitutes.

"It's just very sad,'' he said. "Very sad, and very depressing."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Abraham is kinda funny : Dead wrong.  He is a professional sportswriter who is interesting and insightful to read.  Better than Bob Ryan, Dan Shaughnessy, et al.  He can be critical of players--see him on Ellsbury last year, for example--but overall is supportive.  If he weren't, he would be out of a job.  Do you honestly thing any Boston sportswriter can successfully attack Theo Epstein day in and day out as you do and remain a Boston sportswriter when the Sox right now are the most successful Red Sox franchise in 110 years? 
    Posted by maxbialystock

once a year would be nice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Peter Abraham is kinda funny:
    The Sox did everything they could to sign eighth round draft pick Senquez Golson. They flew him to Boston, offered him first-round money and even had Crawford recruit him. In the end, he wanted to play football and baseball at Ole Miss. Given the sad state of college athletics these days, it probably pays better . i think its funny anyway
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12

I found it kinda libelous in suggesting that Senquez Golson (and perhaps Ole Miss) could be involved in illegal activity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In case you do not know, Peter Abraham had the most popular beat-writer blog on the Yankees at the LoHud Yankees Blog. It was and still is the best Yankee blog out there. It is where we get all our lineups and news about the Yankees and incase you didn't notice we attributed our lineups to Pete Abe's blog. About two weeks ago, he gave us fans the news that he was moving to the Boston Globe to cover the hated Red Sox.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Abraham is kinda funny : once a year would be nice.
    Posted by theYAZZER

Wouldn't that be anytime he criticizes the roster and hasn't he already done that a couple or so times?  I honestly do not think he is an unremittent homer.  In fact, I think he enjoys pointing out faults--to a degree.  He does not want to be throwback to those Boston sportswriters who were endlessly critical of Ted Williams, among others.  And why should he be?  In his 20 years in Boston, Ted only got to one WS, 1946, when the Cardinals skunked the Sox and Teddy Ballgame couldn't hit spit.  But these days and years it's fund to be a Sox fan.  Every year in the playoffs or having a real shot.  And every so often, a WS win. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Abraham is kinda funny : Wouldn't that be anytime he criticizes the roster and hasn't he already done that a couple or so times?  I honestly do not think he is an unremittent homer.  In fact, I think he enjoys pointing out faults--to a degree.  He does not want to be throwback to those Boston sportswriters who were endlessly critical of Ted Williams, among others.  And why should he be?  In his 20 years in Boston, Ted only got to one WS, 1946, when the Cardinals skunked the Sox and Teddy Ballgame couldn't hit spit.  But these days and years it's fund to be a Sox fan.  Every year in the playoffs or having a real shot.  And every so often, a WS win. 
    Posted by maxbialystock
    Skunked? In how many games? There was only one playoff in Teddy's day: the World Series. Do you know where the Sox finished in the late 40's and early 50's. They broke people's hearts but they were always in the mix. Many great players have funked the WS more than once. Teddy had only one shot.  What's your point?
    What's an unremittent homer?
    Is it "fund" to be a Sox fan now because the club has a fat payroll?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Abraham is kinda funny : Dead wrong.  He is a professional sportswriter who is interesting and insightful to read.  Better than Bob Ryan, Dan Shaughnessy, et al.  He can be critical of players--see him on Ellsbury last year, for example--but overall is supportive.  If he weren't, he would be out of a job.  Do you honestly thing any Boston sportswriter can successfully attack Theo Epstein day in and day out as you do and remain a Boston sportswriter when the Sox right now are the most successful Red Sox franchise in 110 years? 
    Posted by maxbialystock

UR you serious?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Peter Abraham is kinda funny:
    The Sox did everything they could to sign eighth round draft pick Senquez Golson. They flew him to Boston, offered him first-round money and even had Crawford recruit him. In the end, he wanted to play football and baseball at Ole Miss. Given the sad state of college athletics these days, it probably pays better . i think its funny anyway
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12

I agree.

Funny line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i thought it was well-played *well-played, Mauer, well-played*

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xorsed. Show xorsed's posts

In case you do not know, Peter Abraham had the most popular beat-writer blog on the Yankees at the LoHud Yankees Blog. It was and still is the best Yankee blog out there. It is where we get all our lineups and news about the Yankees and incase you didn't notice we attributed our lineups to Pete Abe's blog. About two weeks ago, he gave us fans the news that he was moving to the Boston Globe to cover the hated Red Sox.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

Huh? What? I think this you wrote this post inside some kind of time portal. Two weeks...more like two years ago...

Sections
Shortcuts