Peter Abraham Isaac Stumping for Wakefield

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Peter Abraham Isaac Stumping for Wakefield

He has reached a new low with the PR campaign for a player that has yet to get that contract offer from those NL teams he is going to win 15 games for. Fluff stories is all that Wastefield has ever received. How about a story on how embarrasing this old man has been on the millions of dollars payroll for the last 2.5 years!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Peter Abraham Isaac Stumping for Wakefield

In Response to Peter Abraham Isaac Stumping for Wakefield:
    [QUOTE]He has reached a new low with the PR campaign for a player that has yet to get that contract offer from those NL teams he is going to win 15 games for. Fluff stories is all that Wastefield has ever received. How about a story on how embarrasing this old man has been on the millions of dollars payroll for the last 2.5 years!
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

You would know embarrassing...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Peter Abraham Isaac Stumping for Wakefield:
    [QUOTE]He has reached a new low with the PR campaign for a player that has yet to get that contract offer from those NL teams he is going to win 15 games for. Fluff stories is all that Wastefield has ever received. How about a story on how embarrasing this old man has been on the millions of dollars payroll for the last 2.5 years!

Or..... maybe you're wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Or a story about how embarrassing CC, Lackey are on the 17-million and over payroll. Isn't that actually more embarrassing? By leaps and bounds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

HWJ lies awake at night thinking about Wake-bashing on the next day's threads!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Fans of Wakefield like to read those kind of fluff stories from time to time. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I think Wake should not be in the mix this year and should hang 'em up gracefully.

I also think a so-called Red Sox fan who can speak so dismissively and with so much disgust about Tim wakefield is a disgrace to the stockings.  Truly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Abraham Isaac Stumping for Wakefield:
    [QUOTE]I think Wake should not be in the mix this year and should hang 'em up gracefully. I also think a so-called Red Sox fan who can speak so dismissively and with so much disgust about Tim wakefield is a disgrace to the stockings.  Truly.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Wake has always been a personal fave of mine so the emotional part of me is screaming  "he can pitch 100 more years no prob!!!" but the practical side of me knows differently. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter Abraham Isaac Stumping for Wakefield : Agree.  Wake has always been a personal fave of mine so the emotional part of me is screaming  "he can pitch 100 more years no prob!!!" but the practical side of me knows differently. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Wake is the man.  I've got nothing but love for him.  And, your emotional side is correct.  he could pitch 100 more years, no prob.  And we know what we get with him.  But, at some point, his it-flutters-or-it-don't knuckler is just clogging up the staff when a kid or a reclamation project really needs a shot to prove something.  I think that time is now.  But Wake bleeds Sock red.  Nothing but love.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

he could pitch 100 more years, no prob.

Yes, in T-Ball and girls' softball!

Wastefield bleeds beer and potato salad and millions per year for throwing goofballs that get hammered, all while he laughs and direct deposits millions into his bank account!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]he could pitch 100 more years, no prob. Yes, in T-Ball and girls' softball! Wastefield bleeds beer and potato salad and millions per year for throwing goofballs that get hammered, all while he laughs and direct deposits millions into his bank account!

Jealous much?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I am not jealous of fat old men with bald heads.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter Abraham Isaac Stumping for Wakefield : Wake is the man.  I've got nothing but love for him.  And, your emotional side is correct.  he could pitch 100 more years, no prob.  And we know what we get with him.  But, at some point, his it-flutters-or-it-don't knuckler is just clogging up the staff when a kid or a reclamation project really needs a shot to prove something.  I think that time is now.  But Wake bleeds Sock red.  Nothing but love.

Yup!  The emotional side of me is why I'd not make a good GM......I'd still have Dewey on the roster.  And Marty Barrett.  And..naturally...Spaceman. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter Abraham Isaac Stumping for Wakefield : Yup!  The emotional side of me is why I'd not make a good GM......I'd still have Dewey on the roster.  And Marty Barrett.  And..naturally...Spaceman. 

Buffaloheads 4ever!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]I am not jealous of fat old men with bald heads.

Kevin Youkilis?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter Abraham Isaac Stumping for Wakefield : Kevin Youkilis?
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Or maybe Gorbachev? 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]he could pitch 100 more years, no prob. Yes, in T-Ball and girls' softball! Wastefield bleeds beer and potato salad and millions per year for throwing goofballs that get hammered, all while he laughs and direct deposits millions into his bank account!

I have to say, however...I read the article...it didn't mention beer or potato salad anywhere.  Did I miss something?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

beer and potato salad?? Hold on, let me call up Josh, Jon and John and tell them we have another Popeye's takeout order waiting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Between the chicken, potato salad, and beer, the Sox Clubhouse makes me salivate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]Between the chicken, potato salad, and beer, the Sox Clubhouse makes me salivate.

Me, too!  Oh!! I mean, of course, because of the food, naturally...not the players.  Oh, no.  not that for me.  Food.  Yes. 

....er.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter Abraham Isaac Stumping for Wakefield : Me, too!  Oh!! I mean, of course, because of the food, naturally...not the players.  Oh, no.  not that for me.  Food.  Yes.  ....er.....

This thread is suddenly starting to feel Like Water for Chocolate ...

Sections
Shortcuts