Peter Abraham vs. your 25 man roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Peter Abraham vs. your 25 man roster

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Joe, "reasonable stats" is not a 5 plus ERA and a 1.43 WHIP. "Seriously, Joe, look up his Stats with the Rangers.

Joe, I've noted you are high on Dumpster. At 13.25 million a year, he's going to get lit up in the AL EAst. You have a lot of confidence in him and think "reasonable stats".  He's a bum, and an old bum

Again, you're wrong.  You just don't know why yet.  Best part is that I knew the mistake you were going to make, I set you up to make the mistake, and you stepped into it.

LMK when you want me to tell you your mistake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

The issue is that Dumpster is  being paid to be an elite pitcher, after stinking it up with the AL Rangers.

uhhhhh you are aware of the going rate for elite pitchers right??? and 13 Mil is NOT it....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Bullies are not appreciated in society today. 

In fact, it's the Left who constitute the bullies in society, today. The left pretends that they are the arbiters of what behavior is appropriate. I don't mind it when they try and bully me by calling me a bully.

I feel badly I'm saying these things because I feel I'm stooping to your level

What causes you to degrade nice guys like Wakefield and Dempster? Are  you jealous they make more money than you do or they have more talent and friends than you do. Just what exactly is it?

Dumpster and Wastfield aren't "nice guys", but that's not the issue. The issue is that Dumpster is  being paid to be an elite pitcher, after stinking it up with the AL Rangers. Nice guys don't say "they deserve to see me". You need to do your research on this "nice guy" Dumpster.

Last year Dempster had a combined ERA of 3.38, a WHIP of 1.197 and a record of 12-8.

He was 5-5 after 16 starts with the Cubs with a 2.25 ERA and  a WHIP of 1.038. I would say the Cubs didn't help him much last year. Moving to the AL West--tough division--7-3--ERA a dot over 5 and a 7-3 record. He has started a total of 12 games in the AL with just 69 IP. 

I'm thinking he will be a student of the game, very similar to Curt Schilling.

I agree it's not elite but it is better than most starting pitchers in 2012. I think it's remarkable that Dempster signed with the Sox. I like him and I like his personality. I love veteran pitchers that know how to pitch and will share their knowledge with anyone that is inquisitive enough to ask.

As far as money--if the Sox didn't have it they wouldn't spend it. I like the signing--if he tanks in Boston I bet there will be a club at the deadline willing to take him. By the way Softy how much would you have been willing to pay a guy like Ryan Dempster with his combined stats for 2012? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Softy lives in his own personal baseball fantasy world, where the MLB 'labor pool' gets paid 50-60% of what they do in the real world, and the owners pocket vast profits. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Softy lives in his own personal baseball fantasy world, where the MLB 'labor pool' gets paid 50-60% of what they do in the real world, and the owners pocket vast profits. 

I'n guessing that world has a padded floor and walls.

How does he get 'net access?

6. This post has been removed.