Peter Gammons on WEEI: Daisuke Matsuzaka ‘doesn’t trust people’

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Peter Gammons on WEEI: Daisuke Matsuzaka ‘doesn’t trust people’

In Response to Re: Peter Gammons on WEEI: Daisuke Matsuzaka ‘doesn’t trust people’:
    In Response to Re: Peter Gammons on WEEI: Daisuke Matsuzaka ‘doesn’t trust people’ : I'm not a fan of bashing our players but do feel the team is better off without Dice.  Aceves is a solid pitcher who will probably settle in even better with more pitching time.  Outside of that, Theo will find one more solid guy for the rotation as insurance.  Wake is probably playing his last season here.
    Posted by craze4sox

Don't get me wrong Craze4sox, Dice-K fell out of favor with me also!  My posts here were not in defense of Dice-K, rather they were calling out SoldRed on his race baiting over the Dice-K situation. 

As he is want to do, SoldRed was demagoguing the issue, using race as his foil to paint RSN as a bunch of Neanderthal racists & bigots.

SoldRed, GM, Softlaw, ?  whatever his latest incarnation may be, exists for ONE PURPOSE & One purpose only!  He seeks to TRY TO make RSN look bad, while inflating his own delusional self image as a "righteous" defender of truth, justice, & the American Way. :)  Perhaps his next avatar will actually be Superman???  LOL   He pretends to be a RS fan, but spends most of his time ripping RS players, fans, management, & the front office.  

Dice-K's problems here in Boston were completely self inflicted!

Oki's problems unfortunately coincided with Dice-K's inauspicious & frankly dishonest exit from the scene.  He, like Dice-K enjoyed a great deal of love here in Boston, but became a victim of "losing his novelty / unique stuff."  Once guys in the league figured him out, they started POUNDING him.  I always liked the guy, but his usefulness had been fully exhausted.  Unfortunately, it seems that Oki is now conflating the Dice-K issue, conveniently reading himself into what is going on with his fellow Japanese teammate.  The insinuation of race / racism into this situation is most unfortunate!  To me, the last refuge of a scoundral, is the cries of "racism" and the accompanying demagoguery therein.  We see enough of this in our modern politics, we don't need to see this vile tactic employed against our beloved Red Sox or the fans!

:)  :)   Anyway........   Let's play ball!!!!!!!!   :) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Can someone post that picture of Mrs. Okajima again, please?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Gammons on WEEI: Daisuke Matsuzaka ‘doesn’t trust people’:
    Can someone post that picture of Mrs. Okajima again, please?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

:)  cutie

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from razsports. Show razsports's posts

Look at Luis Tiant............David Ortiz, Cano and etc......all talented players who have a good track record. Are they white? NO. But as I said they are talented.The fact of the matter is pitchers who come over from Japan have failed to live up to the hype.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Women should not be viewed as sexual objects. In Japanese culture, they are not viewed that way.

How was DiceK's problems "self-inflicted"? Explain that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

The fact of the matter is that women shoud not be viewed as sex objects. Japanese women are not viewed by the Japenese culture as sex objects.

The fact is that John Slackey and Bellsbury have failed to live up to the hype. Let's not make this a racial litmus test.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The fact of the matter is that women shoud not be viewed as sex objects. Japanese women are not viewed by the Japenese culture as sex objects. The fact is that John Slackey and Bellsbury have failed to live up to the hype. Let's not make this a racial litmus test.
    Posted by betterredthandead

Wow!  I'm impressed SoldRed!!!!!   That was a quick return.  Guess you are smart enough (yes!  that's euphemistic for being a sneaky little b@$#ard:) to have a contingency plan....

You will always come back!  YOU can't stay away.....  At least spare us the moralizing & social commentary on "you & your FEW friends being the arbiters of right & wrong????"

I would think you're at least smart enough to figure out that NOBODY buys it coming from you....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

I wouldn't hate it if the Red Sox signed Dice-K to a team-friendly contract following rehab from TJ surgery.......it's the only way they can recoup some of their original investment.  He still could be a decent #5 starter, and who knows, possibly even better.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The fact of the matter is that women shoud not be viewed as sex objects. Japanese women are not viewed by the Japenese culture as sex objects. The fact is that John Slackey and Bellsbury have failed to live up to the hype. Let's not make this a racial litmus test.

SoldRed,

You're good at "comebacks / new identities," but you don't have the guts to address ANY of the substantive questions posed to you in this thread..........
    Why not man up?  Grow a set, & answer the questions.

1)  Did you play the race card here & on other threads with respect to the
    Dice-K situation?

2)  Did you then try to accuse "Liberals / Leftists" of playing the very same
    "race card?"

3)  If you're going to try and show what guts you have making such a quick return after being tossed from this web site, at least have enough character to answer the questions!  You're good at talking about your character, but you NEVER have the intestinal fortitude to answer DIRECT QUESTIONS about your character & YOUR ACTIONS!

That's not exhibiting the moral fiber you claim to have!  That's not showing the type of character you SAY you have!  That's just pathetic!

The funny thing..........  I actually think you are narcissistic enough to believe that if you ignore the questions nobody else will notice they were ever asked!

I'll give you a little example, as you are somewhat slow.......
    You pretend you never played the race card, therefore you never did!  Thus, you are "morally" obligated to call others out on playing the race card.  It's certainly a cozy little world you have created for yourself!   :)   ENJOY!   :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Look how Nomo was dissed in Boston.

That proves everything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Dice and the Red Sox had procedural differences and communication problems

I can't understand the drawl of Tim Wastefield. Let's not pick on the Japanese guys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Dice and the Red Sox had procedural differences and communication problems I can't understand the drawl of Tim Wastefield. Let's not pick on the Japanese guys.

YOU still won't answer the questions!  YOU'RE still using racial demagoguery!

WHO started the race baiting?

WHO continues to whine like a "Liberal" about "Liberals" playing the race card?

The scary part????  I don't even think you would allow yourself to admit that it's YOU!!!!

p.s.  Don't whine like a little _____________ about bullying!  Isn't it the hallmark of "Liberals" & "Leftists" (as you see it) to PLAY THE VICTIM CARD?????

:)   :)    :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

First off, I wish Dice-K a smooth recovery, and hopefully he can resume his career and have success, whether it be in MLB or Japan.

But I'm not sad to see him go. He was an expensive mistake, and seemed to come with his fair share of drama these past couple of seasons. Yes, he helped them win the WS in 2007. But look back in the history of baseball. There's a lot of pitchers who helped a team win a WS who didn't go on to have what you'd call great careers. Same as his 18-3 season, which I think was misleading. Great record, great ERA, but nothing was smooth with him. He didn't go out and throw 7 strong innings, he pitched himself into trouble, then, that season, managed to pitch himself out of it more times than not. In other seasons, he pitched himself into trouble and paid for it. 

Just consider what he was supposed to be compared to what he became. They paid over $100 million to bring him here, and the hype was that he was going to dominate. By the end, we were talking about how he's fine as a 4th or 5th starter. Expectations were certainly lowered.

What Dice-K gave them in recent seasons isn't something you need to pay $100 million to get. I think both sides became sick of one another and it's time to move on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I think "both sides" were sick of one another for reasons unrelated to what the media is reporting.

Given what the Red Sox invested, they would be wise to consider resigning DiceK to a shorter term lower base contract. But when you have a rabid fanbase who is cheerleading DiceK and Oki's departure, there isn't any chance of that happening. DiceK would most certainly never want to subject himself to that kind of abuse again, and who could blame him. He's had a better career than Tim Wakefield, it's just he's had bright moments on the World Series stage, the World Baseball stage, and the Japanese baseball stage. A huge talent with high mileage when the Red Sox signed him. The bigotry was triggered by how much upper management and ownership agreed to pay him. He earned it, and has the fan and media abuse to prove it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

I don't think Dice's contract was insane, he probably earned that...it's the over-all cost of what they paid to get him that wasn't worth it. But it's not Dice's fault that the process to aquire him cost what it did.

I didn't hate Dice K, didn't care where he was from. I didn't have a lot of faith in him and his performance frustrated me at times, same as Wakefield's can, same as Buchholz did prior to last season, same as Lackey does now...

Over-all, he wasn't a sure bet to win any given start and you didn't know what he'd give you, which pretty much made him a 4th or 5th starter....he contributed to a WS win, and had a statistically great season, even if those stats don't tell the entire story...again, look back through history, those two accomplishments don't necessarily make for a legendary career...he was fine as a 4th or 5th starter, it just wasn't what they brought him here to be, and I think both sides blamed the other for him landing in that role...I agree, if they could sign him for less money and accept what he's going to give them it'd be a fine move to do so, but the relationship is strained and they can probably get what he'd give them elsewhere with less money and fewer headaches.

As for Oki, I don't get the hate towards him. He was great for two years. He hasn't been great since. He hasn't gotten a chance to show much this year....but he's a relief pitcher, and such is life for relief pitchers. If he has nothing left, or needs a change to get back on track, that's fine, he did what he could when he was here, why hate him now?

I don't know if it's because of where they're from though. We turned on Embree and Folke pretty fast to.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

JD has got more abuse on this site than anyone else I can think of, unless you count softy threads; then it would be "Jake".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Not true, rhymes with Drew.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How would you know?

You just got here yesterday.

(Yeah right)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

This could go into any of the Drew, Dice K, Lowrie, Cameron, Lackey, etc threads...but I think we have to lighten up a little bit.

How many teams in history have had every player playing well? Every pitcher with records well above .500, with low ERAs, every reliever shutting down their opponents in every appearence, every position player healthy, playing great defense, and putting up great numbers at the place all worthy of every dollar of their contract? Some players are better than others. Some guys struggle at the plate and contribute in other areas. Some guys struggle all around some years and their teammates cover for them...that's baseball, players pick up for one another. It's a team. With a team like Boston, who has money, there's always going to be guys making more than their performance suggests they should be making...but if the team as a whole are succeeding, who cares? Does it matter if Scuturo isn't hitting if the team is winning? It seems like whenever anyone struggles or doesn't put up the numbers you want them to, everyone wants them replaced immediately....but has there ever been a perfect team? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Well said Modano09

Sections
Shortcuts