Phantom injury for Buchholz?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Phantom injury for Buchholz?

If Buchholz continues to stink tonight I would vote for sending him to the DL to give him a few minor league starts and bring up Cook.  Buch never really got the chance for a rehab stint after his long DL visit last year and it could do him some good.  I like Bard in the rotation.  I (and apparently the  redsox) don't think he would be that great of a closer. He's much more valuable as a starter than a setup man.  The bullpen will get better.  Rich Hill should be up soon and some of the guys there can't be as bad as they have looked.  If Cook works out and Buchholz gets it back or Dice-K works out they can trade someone to improve the bullpen more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Phantom injury for Buchholz?

Actually, Buch still has 1 option left. He doesn't need a phanotm DL that would limit him to 15 days off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Bucholtz doesnt stink.  He is hurting.  I strongly believe that his back is acting up again.  Putting on DL wouldnt make him to be a better pitcher afterward.  Best solution is to trade him to any team and probably have to eat up some of his salary.  He is wasting roster spot right now.  Cook could probably do a better job than him.

Another Theo's mistake on resigning him an extension contract!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to Re: Phantom injury for Buchholz?:
    Actually, Buch still has 1 option left. He doesn't need a phanotm DL that would limit him to 15 days off.
    Posted by moonslav59

I didn't know that, that's good news.  I just read up on options to get a little better idea of how they work.  Has Buch. used two of his options or does he only have 1 because this is his 5th season in ML?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Alot of interesting moves are going to need to be made......with Cook, Hill and then Dice all arrriving at some time in May, moves will need to be made....Justin Thomas is a sure thing.....Tazawa has options and then I am guessing it will probably be Padilla. If Buch has a good start tonight and there is no thought of removing him from the rotation, questions abound.....Lester, Beckett, Buchholz, Dice and Cook have to be starters....which means Bard and Doubront would have to go to the pen.....both have been pretty good as starters.....and neither will be happy. On a brighter note....a pen of Aceves, Bard, Morales, Albers, Hill, Doubront and Atchison would be a huge improvement

I havent even mentioned Andrew Miller. Ironic that a team whose pitching has been so poor would have an issue with too many pitchers for the proper roles.

What do the posters think will happen?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Bucholtz doesnt stink.  He is hurting.  I strongly believe that his back is acting up again.  Putting on DL wouldnt make him to be a better pitcher afterward.  Best solution is to trade him to any team and probably have to eat up some of his salary.  He is wasting roster spot right now.  Cook could probably do a better job than him. Another Theo's mistake on resigning him an extension contract!!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

If you're right and he is hurting that sending him to the DL should be a no-brainer.  Whatever the reason is he does stink so far and that can be improved by some minor league starts.  I still believe he is a great pitcher and trading him when his value is this low would be a bad move.  Do you really think so little of him that the sox would have to eat some of his $3.75M salary?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I disagree that Doubmont have to be move to the bullpen.  He is the team's consistent pitcher.  I would move Bucholtz and Bard to the Bullpen before Doubmont.

Lester, Beckett and Doubmont stays as a starter while the others two (Bucholtz/Bard) need more work.

In order to remove from the pitching staffs are: Thomas, Padilla and Bucholtz

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Could be a bad back, but I think we would have heard by now.  In the past he had problems with commanding his pitches, and maybe the back and layoff have combined to affect his command.  He always looks like a bundle of nerves on the mound. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Guess Bucholtz may be busy worry about losing his starting rotation spot.  That may be one of the reason why he refuse to tell the team that he is hurting.  He have been one of the team inconsistant pitcher in past two years.

But why he is worry about that since he already have a good contract extension. Maybe he may be worry about that he could be trade soon at the same time he rather to be a Red Sox forever!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Phantom injury for Buchholz? : I didn't know that, that's good news.  I just read up on options to get a little better idea of how they work.  Has Buch. used two of his options or does he only have 1 because this is his 5th season in ML?
    Posted by greenwellforpresident

Buch has used 2 of his options.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bucholtz doesnt stink.  He is hurting.  I strongly believe that his back is acting up again.  Putting on DL wouldnt make him to be a better pitcher afterward.  Best solution is to trade him to any team and probably have to eat up some of his salary.  He is wasting roster spot right now.  Cook could probably do a better job than him. Another Theo's mistake on resigning him an extension contract!!!
    Posted by GoUconn13
    Another overrated one that has not delivered after th $$$$ was delivered to him !!!   Is he hurt ????  who knows ??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes Bill-806 let Clay have it... and then after his next start when he gets a "W" let us know how great CLay is and how you knew it all along.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

He's not hurt.  He's forgotten how to pitch.  He should let the catcher call the game and focus on pitching. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Yes Bill-806 let Clay have it... and then after his next start when he gets a "W" let us know how great CLay is and how you knew it all along.
    Posted by BurritoT
      Thank you Mr. Burrito..... Oh great wise one !!  while America is still free i will continue to post my opinion/s as i see them!!  Thanks for your concern, young fella !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Dirty, I think that feasting on the twinkies is just what the doc ordered for Buch!
    all this team needs is to string a half a dozen plus in the win column and as my bud Bill-806 would say "let me be clear, this ship is righting itself by simply winning"

still, I wish they would bring up cook.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to Re: Phantom injury for Buchholz? : Another overrated one that has not delivered after th $$$$ was delivered to him !!!   Is he hurt ????  who knows ??
    Posted by Bill-806

Are you really basing this on his 3 starts this year?  His last two years have been pretty good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

He's not hurt.  He's forgotten how to pitch.  He should let the catcher call the game and focus on pitching. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Can't realy blame him for questioning Salty's game calling abilities.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Phantom injury for Buchholz? : Are you really basing this on his 3 starts this year?  His last two years have been pretty good.

Last year he only had 14 starts.  That is not pretty good!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Buchholz hasn't had bad stuff or velocity - he's just not hitting his spots consistently.  I think he's just a little rusty - not injured.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Phantom injury for Buchholz? : Last year he only had 14 starts.  That is not pretty good!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

You mean a 3.48 ERA and 2:1 K:BB isn't pretty good?  I agree he didn't have as many starts as you would like, but when he was on the hill he was good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

I think Clay needs to throw more sinkers 2 seam fastballs everything this season
    has up in the zone from him
    you don't have to strike everyone out
    I believe he can return to 2010 form again if he gets in the mindset of a groundball
    pitcher not needing to strike everyone out and in turn last longer in the game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Phantom injury for Buchholz? : You mean a 3.48 ERA and 2:1 K:BB isn't pretty good?  I agree he didn't have as many starts as you would like, but when he was on the hill he was good.
    Posted by JB-3

but need more starts.  Cant keep having often injure proned pitcher just have 14 starts every year.

I thought Beckett is an often injure proned pitcher, but his worst total number of starts in his career was 21.  

Clay could be soon go on DL if he struggle tonite, and will more likely have less than 20 starts.  

Cant have Beckett, Bucholz, Dice K and Lackey all keep missing starts.

Reason to trade Bucholtz is that he is much cheaper to trade as well he would help Boston to get a better player in return!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Phantom injury for Buchholz? : but need more starts.  Cant keep having often injure proned pitcher just have 14 starts every year. I thought Beckett is an often injure proned pitcher, but his worst total number of starts in his career was 21.   Clay could be soon go on DL if he struggle tonite, and will more likely have less than 20 starts.   Cant have Beckett, Bucholz, Dice K and Lackey all keep missing starts. Reason to trade Bucholtz is that he is much cheaper to trade as well he would help Boston to get a better player in return!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

What do you mean 14 starts every year?

2011: 14 starts (14 MLB)
    2010: 29 starts (28 MLB, 1 AAA) 
    2009: 32 starts (16 MLB, 16 AAA)
    2008: 26 starts + AFL (15 MLB, 9 AAA, 2 AA, 5 AFL)
    2007: 26 starts (3 MLB, 8 AAA, 15 AA)

Honestly I can't agree with DL'ing him after 4 starts especially when the first 3 came against DET, TB and NYY.  That's a tough way to open the season after missing the 2nd half of last year.  If you want him to work through some things, use his last option, but don't phantom DL him.  He can't work through anything while not throwing.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Phantom injury for Buchholz? : Are you really basing this on his 3 starts this year?  His last two years have been pretty good.
    No, just the 8-10 HOME RUNS that he has given up in 3 games !!!

Sections
Shortcuts