Phillies show real class

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Phillies show real class

Chase Utley drove in the run that tied the game in the 9th and was on base in the 13th when Hunter Pence drove in the winning run. 

What were these starters still doing in the game?  Being professional baseball players is the answer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: Phillies show real class

In Response to Phillies show real class:
    [QUOTE]Chase Utley drove in the run that tied the game in the 9th and was on base in the 13th when Hunter Pence drove in the winning run.  What were these starters still doing in the game?  Being professional baseball players is the answer.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Stop your crying, Sox should have taken care of business in September.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]Chase Utley drove in the run that tied the game in the 9th and was on base in the 13th when Hunter Pence drove in the winning run.  What were these starters still doing in the game?  Being professional baseball players is the answer.
    yeah, that's it --- phillies are professionals and the yankees are saboteurs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Look at the bench after the run scored, professional, all about business. It was one more win, nothing more or less. Red Sox have the talent, but lack the team cohesiveness to pull off what the Phillies did this year. Play through injuries, different guys stepping up, making a move for Pence who has provided a big piece of the lineup and defense. Lidge comes back and assumes the role of setup guy while Madson closes out games, patting eachother on the back and giving encouragement.

Mark my words, this team is as good as any team in the last 10 years, now it is time to finish what they set up to do, win the World Series trophy for Harry Kalas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

typical, blame someone else for your team going 7 - 20 in the final month of the season.  you are really sad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Phillies show real class:
    [QUOTE]typical, blame someone else for your team going 7 - 20 in the final month of the season.  you are really sad.
    Posted by eddiewilson[/QUOTE]

I didn't say anything of the sort.  I've actually said on multiple other threads that the only thing that matters is 7-20 in September.  The Phillies chose to play game 162 like they wanted to win and I am congratulating them for that. 

Newsflash, not everything in baseball is about the Yanks and Sox

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I won't ask what your point is

I'll just ask if it has anything to do with

the phillies not playing till sat

vs some other team that plays fri

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phillies show real class : I didn't say anything of the sort.  I've actually said on multiple other threads that the only thing that matters is 7-20 in September.  The Phillies chose to play game 162 like they wanted to win and I am congratulating them for that.  Newsflash, not everything in baseball is about the Yanks and Sox

This is bogus, you alluded to the Phillies being "professional" in the OP as to say the Yankees were not being professional.  Don't start the thread and say one thing and then run away from what you were saying just minutes later.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

I suppose the Yanks taking 3 out of 4 from Tampa a week earlier in the Stadium was also a back breaker for the Sox's, the Yanks gave you numerous chances to take this but the Sox's failed & this is somehow the Yanks fault.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

[QUOTE]I suppose the Yanks taking 3 out of 4 from Tampa a week earlier in the Stadium was also a back breaker for the Sox's, the Yanks gave you numerous chances to take this but the Sox's failed & this is somehow the Yanks fault.
    Posted by MrDee[/QUOTE]

No as a lifelong Red Sox fan this is on Boston period!  They had numerous chances to seal the deal and couldn't get it done. 

Hat's off to Tampa and their miniscule 41 million dollar payroll(slightly less than what we will pay for Crawford and AGon next season).  I think this says it all!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

I read somewhere that the Phillie players really wanted to set a franchise records for most wins (which they got).   

Charley Manual had a different philosophy on how to prepare for the postseason than Joe Girardi; so what?  Both teams earned the right to play it the way they wanted.  Even as badly as they played, the Sox always had their destiny in their own hands.  All they had to do was take care of their own business.  They didn't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]I read somewhere that the Phillie players really wanted to set a franchise records for most wins (which they got).    Charley Manual had a different philosophy on how to prepare for the postseason than Joe Girardi; so what?  Both teams earned the right to play it the way they wanted.  Even as badly as they played, the Sox always had their destiny in theor own hands.  All they had to do was take care of their own business.  Thye didn't.
    Posted by illinoisredsox[/QUOTE]

Phillies don't play till Saturday.  That is the difference.

My intent was not to call out the Yankees, only to recognize that it was pretty cool that some of the star players on the Phillies were grinding out a 13 inning game when it meant very little to them.  Maybe they wanted STL in the 1st round so they did care, I don't know.  Sorry for offending your sensibilities Yankee fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Actually illinoisredsox fan, Manuel did give his guys time off over the last month, only because they had clinched so early. He did not alter his pitching too much, except the last outing both Halladay and Lee only pitched 6 innings, but prior to that both had gone 8 innings and Lee pitched a complete game.

Guys played because they wanted to be on the field, preparing, unlike the mentally fragile Red Sox crew who seem to have more back aches, knee pains, ankle sprains keeping them out of must win games. Cry

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

so did you complain when the sox / yanks played the doubleheader and the yanks sat most of their starters in that game (which the sox won)?  austin romine was up with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the 9th in a tie game.  arod, jeter, teixeira among others were on the bench and could have pinch hit but girardi left his B players in and eventually lost the game.  where was your crying then about the yankees not being "professional"?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Perhaps if the Phillies were up by 7 going into the 8th inning, their stars wouldn't have been on the field either. I am betting that would have been the case.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]so did you complain when the sox / yanks played the doubleheader and the yanks sat most of their starters in that game (which the sox won)?  austin romine was up with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the 9th in a tie game.  arod, jeter, teixeira among others were on the bench and could have pinch hit but girardi left his B players in and eventually lost the game.  where was your crying then about the yankees not being "professional"?
    Posted by eddiewilson[/QUOTE]

Please show me where in my post I make any mention of the Yankees?  If you want to go defend the Yankees against attacks they laid down against TB there are about 30 threads where you can do that, you don't need to do it here.

So sensitive the Yankee fans are. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phillies show real class : Please show me where in my post I make any mention of the Yankees?  If you want to go defend the Yankees against attacks they laid down against TB there are about 30 threads where you can do that, you don't need to do it here. So sensitive the Yankee fans are. 

Here is your dig at the Yanks and their fans "What were these starters still doing in the game?  Being professional baseball players is the answer." Just because you don't mention them by name doesn't mean we don't know who you are referring to. And to be honest, I am actually surprised by your comment as I have found most of what you say to be sincere and objective.

Again, the Phillies were not leading by 7 runs late in the game which is why Manuel chose to leave some of them in. If they were leading, none of them would have been in the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

Nobody is saying the NYY laid down when they played the RS this year....

If the NYY had even played .500 ball vs RS this year, Rays would have sewn it up long ago...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phillies show real class : Here is your dig at the Yanks and their fans "What were these starters still doing in the game?  Being professional baseball players is the answer." Just because you don't mention them by name doesn't mean we don't know who you are referring to. And to be honest, I am actually surprised by your comment as I have found most of what you say to be sincere and objective. Again, the Phillies were not leading by 7 runs late in the game which is why Manuel chose to leave some of them in. If they were leading, none of them would have been in the game.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Well then look at what I said on other threads, where I say blaming the Yankees is stupid.  Yesterday I said I was impressed they were even starting so many regulars in the first place.

My comments were spurred by Holliday and Berkman coming out and basically thanking the Phillies for playing hard till the end last night, which is ironic since now STL goes to Philly.  Last night was an amazing night of baseball with even teams like the Indians battling out games that meant nothing to them but because the results had an impact for other teams in the playoffs. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

To most of the Yankee fans on this board...you show up on a Sox board and expect not to see what you are seeing written about the Yankees? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

My comments were spurred by Holliday and Berkman coming out and basically thanking the Phillies for playing hard till the end last night, which is ironic since now STL goes to Philly.  Last night was an amazing night of baseball with even teams like the Indians battling out games that meant nothing to them but because the results had an impact for other teams in the playoffs -

And I am okay with that. All I am saying is that is if this is what you meant, then perhaps if you had prefaced your OP, the conversation would have been different. But instead, what we got was more guffawing and ridicule.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]My comments were spurred by Holliday and Berkman coming out and basically thanking the Phillies for playing hard till the end last night, which is ironic since now STL goes to Philly.  Last night was an amazing night of baseball with even teams like the Indians battling out games that meant nothing to them but because the results had an impact for other teams in the playoffs - And I am okay with that. All I am saying is that is if this is what you meant, then perhaps if you had prefaced your OP, the conversation would have been different. But instead, what we got was more guffawing and ridicule.  
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

In therapy that is called projection. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Oh please!  Not another MORON blaming the Yankees.

Sox just play .500 ball in Sept and this is over 2 weeks ago!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phillies show real class : In therapy that is called projection. 

I'm not in therapy, although that is going against the advice of most people I know Tongue out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Oh please!  Not another MORON blaming the Yankees. Sox just play .500 ball in Sept and this is over 2 weeks ago!
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]

Actually .350 ball gets it done.

Oh great, another Moron who didn't see the word Yankees in the title or original post but just assumes everything is about the Yankees. 

Sections
Shortcuts