Phillies show real class

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

Re: Phillies show real class

ok so if i were a rays fan and said, "thank god the rays have a closer that can finish out a game" just after papelbon blew the save, would you not assume i was ragging on the sox?  if you say no, you're lying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Phillies show real class:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Phillies show real class : I won't ask what your point is I'll just ask if it has anything to do with   the phillies not playing till sat vs some other team that plays fri
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

No... Yankees did not try to win even though they were leading in all 3 games...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Dang Yankees fans... We accept the fact that Sox were playing horrible ball games and there are lots of posts talking cr*p about our own players.... Why don't you all accept the fact that Yankees didn't try to win!!!! Rays came back and won all those three games.. You all think that's just a coincidence?  Yankees never tried to win thsoe games.. or save them at least...

I want to see what all you Yankees fan got to say when your team is in the same situation as ours... You think you're only gonna blame your team??? I don't think so and that's the fact...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phillies show real class : Phillies don't play till Saturday.  That is the difference. My intent was not to call out the Yankees, only to recognize that it was pretty cool that some of the star players on the Phillies were grinding out a 13 inning game when it meant very little to them.  Maybe they wanted STL in the 1st round so they did care, I don't know.  Sorry for offending your sensibilities Yankee fans.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

C'mon man stop with the jedi mind tricks, you knew what you were doing and got called on it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phillies show real class : C'mon man stop with the jedi mind tricks, you knew what you were doing and got called on it.
    Posted by majormathew[/QUOTE]

Knowing what I was doing I did not.  Yoda

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phillies show real class : Knowing what I was doing I did not.  Yoda
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

good come back, lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]There's no crying in baseball. But yes, continue to blame your HISTORIC Horriffic start and finish of the season on the Yankees final game. I'm just glad that the Yankees could find their way some how in this MONUMENTAL Regular season COLLAPSE.
    Posted by RedRuffing[/QUOTE]

For all the 27 rings chest thumping you guys do, you Yankee fans have a real persecution complex going on.

My next thread will be titled "Verlander is good" and I'll get 20 responses from Yankee fans telling me I'm bashing CC. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

sean - how can you say the Yanks weren't trying to win, especially if they were winning all three games.

Game 2 - Yanks up by a run; 7th inning and Soriano comes in, just as he has since he came off the DL list. He gives up a HR and Yanks lose lead. Yanks bring in Robertson and Mo to keep the game close but offense cannot come back. How did the Yanks not try and win this game?

Game 3 - up by 7 runs going into the 8th inning. In fact they are shutting down the Rays with community pitching. Understanding that Mo, Robertson and Soriano will not pitch, Girardi sets up his end game relief with Logan, Ayala and Wade. Going into the game, Logan had an ERA of around 3.00 and Ayala and Wade had ERA's at about 2.00. Sadly and to our frustration, all three implode leaving only Proctor in the pen. How did the Yanks not try and win this game?

Sunday (2nd game of doubleheader with Boston) - in two consecutive innings prior to Ells HR, Girardi decides not to pinch it for Romine or Pena with either Jeter or A-Rod. Did you have an issue with that?

I have zero issues with some Sox fans feeling put out because the Rays came back. And I will always question Girardi's bullpen acumen. But to think it was done on purpose to keep the Sox out of the playoffs is ridiculous.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]sean - how can you say the Yanks weren't trying to win, especially if they were winning all three games. Game 2 - Yanks up by a run; 7th inning and Soriano comes in, just as he has since he came off the DL list. He gives up a HR and Yanks lose lead. Yanks bring in Robertson and Mo to keep the game close but offense cannot come back. How did the Yanks not try and win this game? Game 3 - up by 7 runs going into the 8th inning. In fact they are shutting down the Rays with community pitching. Understanding that Mo, Robertson and Soriano will not pitch, Girardi sets up his end game relief with Logan, Ayala and Wade. Going into the game, Logan had an ERA of around 3.00 and Ayala and Wade had ERA's at about 2.00. Sadly and to our frustration, all three implode leaving only Proctor in the pen. How did the Yanks not try and win this game? Sunday (2nd game of doubleheader with Boston) - in two consecutive innings prior to Ells HR, Girardi decides not to pinch it for Romine or Pena with either Jeter or A-Rod. Did you have an issue with that? I have zero issues with some Sox fans feeling put out because the Rays came back. And I will always question Girardi's bullpen acumen. But to think it was done on purpose to keep the Sox out of the playoffs is ridiculous.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Game 2 is actually a little concerning to Yankee fans because if Soriano is gonna do that in the 7th, you're in trouble.  That game was played and managed to win.

My only complaint about Game 3 is that Girardi managed himself into a corner.  (I feel compelled to defend myself and say I don't think he did this with the Red Sox in mind :) )  It was clear Ayala didn't have much going and he should not have been left in to face Longoria and I wish he had gone to Wade at that point. He didn't want Wade to come in and face 1 guy because he likely wouldn't have brought him in for the 9th then, which would have left him with just Proctor.  When Ayala stayed in to face Longoria, I knew that was going to be bad news for the Red Sox.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Agreed. I have stated here since day 1 that I am not a fan of Girardi, especially when it comes to the bullpen. He mismanaged the game somewhat last night, but if Logan, Ayala and Wade are going to be part of a championship run, then they need to go out and perform. They did not last night and all Girardi had left was Proctor and his 94 mph straight fastball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed. I have stated here since day 1 that I am not a fan of Girardi, especially when it comes to the bullpen. He mismanaged the game somewhat last night, but if Logan, Ayala and Wade are going to be part of a championship run, then they need to go out and perform. They did not last night and all Girardi had left was Proctor and his 94 mph straight fastball.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Right.  I feel like Ayala staying in the game there was a little bit of an audition for him, to the Rays benefit.  If Girardi had stuck with 1 of the guys earlier in the game for an extra out or 2, he might have been able to yank Ayala when it was obvious he was going to be overmatched by Longoria.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Oh please!  Not another MORON blaming the Yankees. Sox just play .500 ball in Sept and this is over 2 weeks ago!
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]
    If they had played .333 ball (9-18) it would have been over!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]To most of the Yankee fans on this board...you show up on a Sox board and expect not to see what you are seeing written about the Yankees? 
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

I expect it traven,

no disrespect intended but

that's why I'm here

to keep the place honest

4 them little members of RSN that come here tp learn

I'm sure you have NP with keeping it real

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: Phillies show real class : No... Yankees did not try to win even though they were leading in all 3 games...
    Posted by seannybboi

did they rest guys all 3 gms ?

sure they did, just like vs the sox

how bout  14 innings without arod & jeter

pinch hitting for any of those AAA  rookies

trust me many nyyfans

were quite upset with retardi and his starting line up last night

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Good news for Red Sox fans is the Yanks will pay for it eventually, Yanks cannot match the Phils depth overall.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

Giradi got a black eye from fighting with his divas roster.