PICKING UP SCUTARO, 1ST GREAT MOVE BY CHERINGTON?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: PICKING UP SCUTARO, 1ST GREAT MOVE BY CHERINGTON?

In Response to PICKING UP SCUTARO, 1ST GREAT MOVE BY CHERINGTON?:
    [QUOTE]LOVE THE no-drama approach with this deal. no need to go kick the tires on other free agent short stops or let scutaro experiment in free agency first and so forth. was a total no-brainer. scut was a total gamer down the stretch. hope the sawx have now learned, when a guy proves he can play in boston you keeep him and put a high premium on that. not every one is programmed to thrive here. i like reyes but for the price tag and injury history, may as well go with the sure-thing .280-.300 clutch hitter guy who is one of the few good clubhouse guys and leaders we have. good move! frankly, if papi acts up with his value, i will have him walk and put youk at DH. less injury risk and sign a ramirez at a value to play third til middlebrooks is ready next year. pap is the ONLY one i may overpay a bit for.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I would say a no-risk good move, but a Great Move?  You need a third option for your poll as servicable no risk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

To qualify my vote, I would really not frame it as "great", but a good solid move that makes sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: PICKING UP SCUTARO, 1ST GREAT MOVE BY CHERINGTON?:
    [QUOTE]To qualify my vote, I would really not frame it as "great", but a good solid move that makes sense.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Exactly what I said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]LOVE THE no-drama approach with this deal. no need to go kick the tires on other free agent short stops or let scutaro experiment in free agency first and so forth. was a total no-brainer. scut was a total gamer down the stretch. hope the sawx have now learned, when a guy proves he can play in boston you keeep him and put a high premium on that. not every one is programmed to thrive here. i like reyes but for the price tag and injury history, may as well go with the sure-thing .280-.300 clutch hitter guy who is one of the few good clubhouse guys and leaders we have. good move! frankly, if papi acts up with his value, i will have him walk and put youk at DH. less injury risk and sign a ramirez at a value to play third til middlebrooks is ready next year. pap is the ONLY one i may overpay a bit for.

Interesting that my No votes won't take.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

This was pretty much a no-brainer, so no, not a GREAT move.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

PICKING UP SCUTARO, 1ST GREAT MOVE BY CHERINGTON?

LOVE THE no-drama approach with this deal. no need to go kick the tires on other free agent short stops or let scutaro experiment in free agency first and so forth. was a total no-brainer. scut was a total gamer down the stretch. hope the sawx have now learned, when a guy proves he can play in boston you keeep him and put a high premium on that. not every one is programmed to thrive here. i like reyes but for the price tag and injury history, may as well go with the sure-thing .280-.300 clutch hitter guy who is one of the few good clubhouse guys and leaders we have. good move!

frankly, if papi acts up with his value, i will have him walk and put youk at DH. less injury risk and sign a ramirez at a value to play third til middlebrooks is ready next year. pap is the ONLY one i may overpay a bit for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Good, right move. Range is for chickens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

HAS NO RANGE ...... NO HELP TO THE E R A's.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

these giuys let the other a-gon walk TWICE remember? thought that too should have been a no-brainer, ditto cabrera the hero of 2004 at ss. these guys overthink things a lot, always tryin to be the smartest guy in the room by overcomplicating simplicity! we let v-mart walk as well, same with damon and beltre. if one will overpay, do so with ur own guys like pap or ells, NOT craw or lack or drew.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

This is pure speculation...
    If Philly is having a difficult time getting Rollins to agree to a shorter contract, 3 yrs. vs 5, consider moving Scu to the Phils in return for their 4 th or 5 th starter or their emergency starter #6 guy? they can extend Scu for another year save some money--we get a back of the rotation guy to satisfy our needs-- 

Then if we lose Pap we can slide Aceves back into the pen to fight it out with Bard for the closers role.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Great start ... no fumbles, no interceptions, no missed field goals ... uh, sorry crossed over, was still influenced by the LSU-BAMA game ...

It is a great start.  Stops the Theo  SS merry-go-round with a creditable guy, like you  listed.  Not a superstar... but those don't always shine in Boston.  No names need be mentioned.  Scut's been more than adequate, a gamer, and drama is a non-issue. 

We know there will continue to be some issues here, but this helps calm things down quite a bit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

In Response to Re: PICKING UP SCUTARO, 1ST GREAT MOVE BY CHERINGTON?:
    [QUOTE]these giuys let the other a-gon walk TWICE remember? thought that too should have been a no-brainer, ditto cabrera the hero of 2004 at ss. these guys overthink things a lot, always tryin to be the smartest guy in the room by overcomplicating simplicity! we let v-mart walk as well, same with damon and beltre. if one will overpay, do so with ur own guys like pap or ells, NOT craw or lack or drew.

The arguments for all of these moves have been explained to you a thousand times and it goes in one ear and out the other. Wasted words.