Pine Tar

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Pine Tar

Nice move by JF last night. I don't care how many do it and how long coaches have been looking the other way.  Pineda kicked your butt last time and comes right out again with it on his neck.  I am just surprised that MLB did not make a call after the last game.

Good for JF and now we will see if it steam rolls into something else.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

Re: Pine Tar

Not to mention he weakens the Yankee team for two weeks by getting Pineda suspended. That's the biggest win for him behind all of this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

One of the oddest incidents in a while.  It's very, very hard to believe that any player today is this dumb, especially since the Yanks had to have spoken to Pineda about it two weeks ago, when he was caught the first time.  

1.  Media is insinuating that no one said anything to him about it last time, and furthermore that no one noticed him doing it last night.  B.S.  You cannot tell us that nobody on the staff noticed a 6 inch smear of pine tar in the exact spot the cameras would be focused on, before he took the mound in the second.  So Girardi gets off the hook by claiming he didn't know?  Please.  Cashman apologized today. Girardi's smug expression during his presser was pretty telling. 

2.  Thought Pineda handled it as well as he could have, simply by owning it.  Not happy it happened, but at least the kid faced the music immediately.  

3.  I think batters would rather face a pitcher whose control isn't lacking, even if that means allowing pine tar.  This rule is going to change.  Players have come out and stated they don't really care, but to not be totally obvious about it.   He could not have placed the tar in a more obvious location. 

But it's egregious to believe the Yanks will suffer for this.  They are the Yankees.  They will still be on top when Pineda finishes his suspension.  Even if Nova is done for the year, their offense will more than make up for their alleged lack of pitching. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Figures the swine buster olney fluffing the yankees panties...

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/buster-olney/post?id=5905" rel="nofollow">http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/buster-olney/post?id=5905

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

He is out ten games which is nothing for a pitcher.  JF did make the Yankees use their pen last night.  Hopefully their pen is tired tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

That's probably why they added pitchers today. Anna, Claiborne go down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's probably why they added pitchers today. Anna, Claiborne go down.

[/QUOTE]

ok, thanks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

Nice move by JF last night. I don't care how many do it and how long coaches have been looking the other way.  Pineda kicked your butt last time and comes right out again with it on his neck.  I am just surprised that MLB did not make a call after the last game.

Pineda is an average pitcher that tried to cheat the game like all the PED users of past and present so he got what he deserved.  The sad part is the Yankees may have gotten a way with that first win as a result but I'm glad Farrell was all over it.  Every team in baseball will be watching this guy and I'm sure other Yankee pitchers from now on.  Pineda is obviously not too bright to do it again, especially with the same team.  It's even dumber he expects people to believe that he didn't do it on other starts. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

In response to steven11's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pineda is an average pitcher that tried to cheat the game like all the PED users of past and present so he got what he deserved.  The sad part is the Yankees may have gotten a way with that first win as a result but I'm glad Farrell was all over it.  Every team in baseball will be watching this guy and I'm sure other Yankee pitchers from now on.  Pineda is obviously not too bright to do it again, especially with the same team.  It's even dumber he expects people to believe that he didn't do it on other starts. 

[/QUOTE]

A leap and wishful thinking ("Pineda is an average pitcher"). Will see how Pineda is when it warms up and he can use sweat and rosin like everyone else. Lester had goo in his glove during the WS for the same reason it was cold.

I sure as hell don't blame John Farrell for going after him I saw it on his neck myself before he was confronted.

Kenny Rogers used it against the Yankees in the Tiger - Yankee play-off series a few years back and no one complained.

Just have to be discreet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Pine Tar, a little dab will do ya,

Pine Tar, ya look so " I don't give a heck."

Pine Tar, the umps will all pursue ya, 

They'll love to run their fingers on your neck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

What you need is for MLB to allow a single substance on the rosin bag that every team uses, and that the umpire controls.  That way, no one has an advantage or disadvantage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What you need is for MLB to allow a single substance on the rosin bag that every team uses, and that the umpire controls.  That way, no one has an advantage or disadvantage.

[/QUOTE]

I completely agree Joe, it's funny how so many pitchers have been accused over the years but when you think about it only a few were dumb enough to make things so obvious they get caught.  I think baseball should even go one step further and automatically forfeit the game to its opponent when caught. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Pineda is an average pitcher that tried to cheat the game like all the PED users of past and present so he got what he deserved. The sad part is the Yankees may have gotten a way with that first win as a result but I'm glad Farrell was all over it. Every team in baseball will be watching this guy and I'm sure other Yankee pitchers from now on. Pineda is obviously not too bright to do it again, especially with the same team. It's even dumber he expects people to believe that he didn't do it on other starts.

whats up crazy

U R posting like some one who doesn't root 4 lester or the wethead

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Pineda is an average pitcher that tried to cheat the game like all the PED users of past and present so he got what he deserved. The sad part is the Yankees may have gotten a way with that first win as a result but I'm glad Farrell was all over it. Every team in baseball will be watching this guy and I'm sure other Yankee pitchers from now on. Pineda is obviously not too bright to do it again, especially with the same team. It's even dumber he expects people to believe that he didn't do it on other starts.

whats up crazy

Which means what, Zac? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

What does the "wet head" actually do, Zac?

I was calling him that so I didn't have to look up how 2 spell his name

but depends if those who think it's water R right or

if those who think it's baby oil R right

that aside he was caught with something on his arm perhaps suntan lotion

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/clay-buchholz-forearm.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/clay-buchholz-forearm.jpg

GD Jbay U R ruining more threads than pike

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

whats up crazy

Hey pal,

I know a lot of pitchers get away with doing the same.  I just can't handle dummies like Pineda who are so bold to do it again after being called out against us just a few games ago and getting away with it.  ARod is another one I can't stomach after getting away with taking PEDS for years and being allowed to continue playing so long while never to this day ever admitting to taking them. 

Nothing personal against you Yank fans and Jeter has always been one of my favorite players for being the opposite of these guys and a role model that plays within his natural born talent and determination.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

What does the "wet head" actually do, Zac?

I was calling him that so I didn't have to look up how 2 spell his name

but depends if those who think it's water R right or

if those who think it's baby oil R right

that aside he was caught with something on his arm perhaps suntan lotion

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/clay-buchholz-forearm.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/clay-buchholz-forearm.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/clay-buchholz-forearm.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/clay-buchholz-forearm.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/clay-buchholz-forearm.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/clay-buchholz-forearm.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/clay-buchholz-forearm.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/clay-buchholz-forearm.jpg

GD Jbay U R ruining more threads than pike

Buch or Clay is easy enough. What was your reference to Lester, then? Calling them cheaters? Haven't you ever seen Clay pouring the water over his head in the dugout, before the games? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

crazee

I know a lot of pitchers get away with doing the same. I just can't handle dummies like Pineda who are so bold to do it again after being called out against us just a few games ago and getting away with it.

I really think this was more about being naive than being bold or arrogant

one minute the kid is hearing everyone does it

the next minute he is being told he can't do it with a wink

I blame his coaches and team mates for not showing him this

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/pzac28/HPT_zps5d523bf9.jpg

Daniel Barbarisi ‏@DanBarbarisi 12 mins

Pineda says he will Accept the suspension. Says he knows he made the mistake.

Pineda says before incident he wasnt fully aware he could be suspended for pine tar use, but he knew it was against the rules.

Pineda says he has his own pine tar supply; didnt need to get it from a hitter. Says he wont use it anymore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

crazee

I know a lot of pitchers get away with doing the same. I just can't handle dummies like Pineda who are so bold to do it again after being called out against us just a few games ago and getting away with it.

I really think this was more about being naive than being bold or arrogant

one minute the kid is hearing everyone does it

the next minute he is being told he can't do it with a wink

I blame his coaches and team mates for not showing him this

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/pzac28/HPT_zps5d523bf9.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/pzac28/HPT_zps5d523bf9.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/pzac28/HPT_zps5d523bf9.jpg

Daniel Barbarisi ‏@DanBarbarisi 12 mins

Pineda says he will Accept the suspension. Says he knows he made the mistake.

Pineda says before incident he wasnt fully aware he could be suspended for pine tar use, but he knew it was against the rules.

Pineda says he has his own pine tar supply; didnt need to get it from a hitter. Says he wont use it anymore.

Pineda also said he didn't do it between starts against the Sox which is pretty unbelievable Zac.  I agree with not putting sole blame on Pineda and actually think teams should forfeit games if they get caught.  It's pretty obvious like you said the coaching staff and manager also knows it's happening 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Buch or Clay is easy enough. What was your reference to Lester, then? Calling them cheaters?

Haven't you ever seen Clay pouring the water over his head in the dugout, before the games?

LOL and that means what

I didn't call anyone cheaters

however check out the gifs at the bottom of the page

http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

It's pretty obvious like you said the coaching staff and manager also knows it's happening

but not with pineda

I just can't believe they wouldn't make him hide it better

if they knew he put it on between innings last night

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Buch or Clay is easy enough. What was your reference to Lester, then? Calling them cheaters?

Haven't you ever seen Clay pouring the water over his head in the dugout, before the games?

LOL and that means what

http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/

Sure you were, Zac. Craze made a post against Pineda, so your back door insult was, he didn't sound like someone who rooted for Lester or Buch. 

It means it's water, Poland Springs I believe, not baby oil.....LOL 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL and that means what

http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/24/jon-lester-illegal-substance-glove-world-series-controversy-cheating-pictures-video/

[/QUOTE]

With all due respect Lester and Clay have never been proven to do anything wrong like Pineda who had the nerve to do it twice in just a few games to us then state he didn't do it between starts with the Sox.  Farrell called him out which any manager has the right to do so until Clays grease or watered down hair or Lester actually gets caught it's not worth discussing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

With all due respect Lester and Clay have never been proven to do anything wrong like Pineda who had the nerve to do it twice in just a few games to us then state he didn't do it between starts with the Sox. Farrell called him out which any manager has the right to do so until Clays grease or watered down hair or Lester actually gets caught it's not worth discussing.

ahh the old basketball adage

no whistle no foul

I guess we will have 2 agree 2 disagree crazee

IMO there R enough  pics & video out there

for any reasonable person to acknowledge 

raising the question of them using something has some merit

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"With all due respect Lester and Clay have never been proven to do anything wrong like Pineda"

Well I'm pretty sure our guys do it too because EVERYBODY DOES IT. Because it's considered ok to use pine tar in cold weather as long as you don't flaunt it like Pineda did. I'd be disappointed if our guys weren't using it discreetly since it's considered fine to do.

This pine tar stuff is ridiculous. Either ban it completely and enforce it, or make it possible for pitchers to have it on the mound with them. 

I feel bad for Pineda and Yankee fans only because he made the franchise look rididulous. But I don't believe he did anything wrong aside from using very poor judgement. 

I will say Sterling and Waldman (Yankees announcers) sounded like clueless homer idiots and it was hilarious listening to our local radio guys make fun of them today...