Pitcher/Catcher Combos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Pitcher/Catcher Combos

With rare exception, catchers should have more experience than the pitchers; as a group, that is. How can Lavanway be expected to know what's in John ester's head? I think it takes an average of 5 years as a No. 2 for a catcher to mature.

The Sox can make up for this by naming Veritek a manager. He knows them well, and can gwt them together. Forget Farrell; he's good with a pencil and paper charting the game, but that's it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: Pitcher/Catcher Combos

Please No Varitek as manager!

Tek was part of the problem here in September 2011 and was no help to Lester or Beckett as they threw clunker after clunker. Plain and simple Varitek is closely associated with the mess this has become to be considered for the Manager position. 

Maybe someday after everyone he played with is gone and he gains some experience as a minor league manager and a major league bench coach he might make a good manager, but NO not now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Maybe there is some other guy named "John Farrell" the Sox can hire, since the one we know about already has a job.

I wonder if all this Farrell-obsession is simply because they already made the name plate for his door and put up the personalized sign for his parking space.

Honestly, I see no other reason for it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With rare exception, catchers should have more experience than the pitchers; as a group, that is. How can Lavanway be expected to know what's in John ester's head? I think it takes an average of 5 years as a No. 2 for a catcher to mature.

The Sox can make up for this by naming Veritek a manager. He knows them well, and can gwt them together. Forget Farrell; he's good with a pencil and paper charting the game, but that's it.

[/QUOTE]

Varitek will be working with the catchers. Just not as the manager.

Sections
Shortcuts