pitchers out of shape

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

pitchers out of shape

For all that's good about the Sox this year - and there's plenty, management let these guys come to camp out of shape, Dubront and Hanrahan are two exampes with the later probably needing Tommy John cause his legs were atrophied, and has pitched well all spring or early season - he's done for the year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: pitchers out of shape

TJ surgery - if indeed Hanrahan needs it - is not a result of poor conditioning...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In response to notin's comment:

TJ surgery - if indeed Hanrahan needs it - is not a result of poor conditioning...

I disagree. If you use strong legs you don;t put undue strain on the elbow

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to jader's comment:

While its not a direct cause, it certainly can contribute to the stress put on the elbow if your legs are relatively weak for your body mass, I would think. I wonder if anyone has ever really looked at this objectively to see if the need for TJS is related to body mass index.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

For all that's good about the Sox this year - and there's plenty, management let these guys come to camp out of shape, Dubront and Hanrahan are two exampes with the later probably needing Tommy John cause his legs were atrophied, and has pitched well all spring or early season - he's done for the year!

His legs weren't atrophied. This is a stilly premise. If he needs TJ it because of his elbow not his legs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

While its not a direct cause, it certainly can contribute to the stress put on the elbow if your legs are relatively weak for your body mass, I would think. I wonder if anyone has ever really looked at this objectively to see if the need for TJS is related to body mass index.

Tazawa needed it and he is really tiny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I know there are small pitchers who need it, so obviously its not 100%. I am just wondering if a high BMI correlates with need for TJS, even if its not a 100% correlation. To my knowledge that study has not been done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree with you pitchers being out of shape, it is a problem. I called my orthopedic surgeon, a  friend I have know all my life & will ask him this, if he ever gets his azz off the golf course.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I know there are small pitchers who need it, so obviously its not 100%. I am just wondering if a high BMI correlates with need for TJS, even if its not a 100% correlation. To my knowledge that study has not been done.

If BMI is a factor,  expect CC Sabathia and Heath Bell to be the next two under the knife. 

Followed closely by Tommy Hunter...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd also have to question how you know he whether or not he has strong legs.  One of my friends was a marathon runner, and now works in a hotel.  He's put a good sized gut, because he likes his beer, but he is strong as a bull.  If you saw us side-by-side, you'd swear I was in better shape, but it is not remotely close.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I won't believe it until Dr. softy concurs.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.