Pitching Coach,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Pitching Coach,

I think that getting the Pitching coach right is more important than getting the Manager right. Don't get me wrong, we need a good manager, but as long as we get someone the players are okay with, or that will work I think at this point in time we need a pitching coach a little more desperatly. I was thinking watching the Cards SF game what about Dave Duncan? He was suppose to be like a pitching coach guru with St. Louis? What about him hes away on leave right now cause his wife has cancer but that was almost a year ago? Maybe he's ready to come back? Any ideas on who to get for pitching coach?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: Pitching Coach,

I think the new manager should get to choose his own pitching coach.Let's not make the same mistake we made with Bobby V.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

I think that getting the Pitching coach right is more important than getting the Manager right. Don't get me wrong, we need a good manager, but as long as we get someone the players are okay with, or that will work I think at this point in time we need a pitching coach a little more desperatly. I was thinking watching the Cards SF game what about Dave Duncan? He was suppose to be like a pitching coach guru with St. Louis? What about him hes away on leave right now cause his wife has cancer but that was almost a year ago? Maybe he's ready to come back? Any ideas on who to get for pitching coach?

When sox got YOUNG as pitching coach from Oakland. Wasn't he a pitching coach GURU !!! lLook what happened

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

I think the new manager should get to choose his own pitching coach.Let's not make the same mistake we made with Bobby V.

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Who know that Tony Pena could bring a Yankees pitching coach over to the Red Sox!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

When sox got YOUNG as pitching coach from Oakland. Wasn't he a pitching coach GURU !!! lLook what happened

And look what happened with the A's the year before he came here and the year after he left. Id say it had more to do with the Sox pitchers than it did Curt Young.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

And look what happened with the A's the year before he came here and the year after he left. Id say it had more to do with the Sox pitchers than it did Curt Young.

What do succesful pitching coaches John Farrell, Curt Young, and Bob McClure all have in common?  

They all ended up looking bad trying to run the Red Sox pitching staff.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I think much of the pitching problems stemmed from the catching, specifically pitch calling. Our SP has too much talent to have been that bad. I think if you look at the CERA, you will find that Salty is way up there ranking 45th of 55 catchers in the AL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Does anyone know why Curt Young went back to Oakland after just a year with Boston?  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Does anyone know why Curt Young went back to Oakland after just a year with Boston?  

to get some fresh air. actually, he was fired.

Damn,..... Young was fired?!?  I did not know that.  

Thanks for the info.   :)

Sections
Shortcuts