Pitching decisions to be made

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natepioneer1. Show natepioneer1's posts

Pitching decisions to be made

There hasn’t been a whole lot of drama as far as roster battles are concerned, but with a little more than two weeks to go the Sox have decisions on who comes north at least to start the season.

Pitching

Looks pretty much locked in at this point as to who the 12 will be.  Starters are set.  There may be a little fluidity in the BP

The five starters, barring a late injury are:  Lester, Lackey, Doubront, Peavy and Buchholz

Capuano is the emergency starter, long reliever and a situational lefty.  Probably comes in if the starter gets knocked out early, maybe the first guy out there in the sixth.

On the back end Uehara is closer, with Mujica the 8th inning set up guy.  He’ll close as well when Uehara has gone too many days in a row.  Tazawa will be the 7th inning guy, sometimes 8th.  He’ll pitch to righties and may be pulled when a left comes up and that is where Miller comes in.

That’s ten.  Seeing that Breslow has not even pitched, it is looking like extended spring training for him.  If they want to replace him with a lefty, it’ll be Hill or Britton. 

The plan, I think is for Badenhop to be the other righty, as  long reliever and 6th, 7th inning mix in guy.  But what then to do with Cordero.  He has been great.  They could send him down as he is on a minor league contract, but I am assuming he has an opt out somewhere.  The question is what is best for Workman.  He is good enough to stay, but perhaps he should be in AAA starting.  If they don’t feel they need a 3rd lefty until Breslow is ready, they could keep Workman or Cordero along with Badenhop.

In any event, they will all see some time with the big club, as will De la Rosa, Webster, Ranuado and  a few others as the “injuries” (wink, wink) hit.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Pitching decisions to be made

I think Britton could win the job over Miller.  I can see Coco making the team with Breslow needs some time.  Capuano, Badenhop, Britton, Taz, Coco, Mujica, and Koji.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I think Britton could win the job over Miller.  I can see Coco making the team with Breslow needs some time.  Capuano, Badenhop, Britton, Taz, Coco, Mujica, and Koji.

I do not think Miller has any options remaining and I do not see the Sox risking losing him, so unless they can DL him, I think he is on the Opening Day Roster.....BP to me, is Koji, Taz , Mujica, Miller, Workman, Badenhop, and Breslow.....with the posiibilty of Miller and/or Breslowbeing DLed to start the year....which would open a spot for Britton/Capuano

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

miller looked terrible yesterday.  i know, i know...it's only spring.  but it will get late early.  or is it early late?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natepioneer1. Show natepioneer1's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I do not think Miller has any options remaining and I do not see the Sox risking losing him, so unless they can DL him, I think he is on the Opening Day Roster.....BP to me, is Koji, Taz , Mujica, Miller, Workman, Badenhop, and Breslow.....with the posiibilty of Miller and/or Breslowbeing DLed to start the year....which would open a spot for Britton/Capuano

He is w/o options.  He's been really good and they just signed him avoiding arbitration.  DL is what they do well

Sections
Shortcuts