I do not know about you but the Sox need to address the pitching first.
The Sox were 27th in the majors with an 5.50 era not a championship pitching squad. Common sense Farrel and Company will need to get the era down first then work on the batting, runs and RBI's. Hopefully they the Sox will go out find one heck of a miracle working batting coach.
Back to our pitching this a brief summary of some articles that i been reading recently and also some of you the posters input.
(1) Morales was 4.50 sub par before his injury. What is your opinion bullpen or starter next season. I would say bullpen to start.
(2) Lester coming off his worst season is he still ace material. I would say let him rebound to start
(3) Bucholtz is still healthy. I would say keep him at second spot
(4) Doubront great impressive season. I would say keep him in number 4 spot
(5) Lackey coming one of most difficult surgery for recoverin; but was looking good through pitching sessions in the late summer. I would say definetly keep him for fifth spot duty and go from there. Lackey is very expensive 5 man but if things get back to positive comeback just another bonus.
(6) Acevez another possible starter. I would say bull pen to start.
(7) Morales and Acevez will be good to be put in as our middle man incase a stater gets off to bad start and time to pull him out ASAP
(8) Tasawa is a positive after his recovery from surgery will be the set up man.
(9) Bard and Bailey almost sounds like a cocktail mix. Will be let see what happens early in next year season. For extra security trade for Marmol closing duties.
(10) The Sox nation do have some young arms that can fill in the bullpen gap and that is why baseball has spring training to say who stays and goes.
(11) Melancon will be alright for bullpen duties maybe go and sign FA Betancourt if need be. The ex jays coaching staff may take a chance on bullpen pitcher Frasor an ex jay.
High end FA starters possibilties are greinke sanchez lohse peavy jackson haren santana
If you prefer short term deals are liriano mccarthy guthrie villaneuva to fill in the number three hole.
The trade ideas J. Macdonald, Dickey the knuckleballer, Garza, Vaughn or gavin Floyd
Ending with this what makes baseball off season vital and training camp evaluations the most important.
Lets Go Red Sox and rebound from a terrible season and get that wild card spot.