"Pitching is 80% of the game and the other half is hitting and fielding".

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

"Pitching is 80% of the game and the other half is hitting and fielding".

If you don't believe it, take a close look at Tampa Bay. Best 4-man pitching staff I can recall (even the Atlanta teams of the '80s, or the Cardinals of the Dizzy Dean era). I guess Dickey has to be at least partially responsible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re:

No arguement from me that pitching wins championships.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re:

What's so hard to believe?

The pitcher controls the game. If your starter pitches a shutout with 10 or more strikeouts, there is darn little for your hitters and fielders to do. Score one run and don't make any errors on a little more than half the outs needed and you've got it made.

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re:

Pitching isn't 80%.  It's 50-60%.

Here's just one example of why it isn't 80%: the Royals' pitching is better than Baltimore's.

What's making the Rays so hard to beat now is that they have a complete team including good hitting. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Pitching isn't 80%.  It's 50-60%.

Here's just one example of why it isn't 80%: the Royals' pitching is better than Baltimore's.

What's making the Rays so hard to beat now is that they have a complete team including good hitting. 

The Ray's team, other than the pitching is not that great. Wil Myers helps, but right now he's unknown; about where Middlebrooks when he was getting his feet wet. Plus, he's a lousy outfielder! Longoria is either in a slump or just plain tired. There rest are ordinary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re:

My two cents pitching is 80% in the playoffs but not the season. Over the course of 162 games everything has its ups and downs. You also have injuries to deal with. However in the playoffs a staff like the Rays can have a very dominating effect on the game. Especially when you realize the staff you used all season was 11 or 12 and you get to the playoffs and you now use only 8 most times.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re:

I'd agree with 70 - 50

I'm pretty sure those numbers add up???   ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Re:

90% of this game is half mental.

-Daf.

Sections
Shortcuts