Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Pitching matchups for the Rangers series-Your Expectations?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Pitching matchups for the Rangers series-Your Expectations?

Tonight: LHP Erik Bedard (4-8, 3.44) vs. LHP C.J. Wilson (12-5, 3.20)
    Tuesday: RHP John Lackey (11-9, 6.02) vs. RHP Colby Lewis (11-8, 3.83)Wednesday: RHP Josh Beckett (10-5, 2.46) vs. LHP Matt Harrison (10-8, 3.28) Thursday: RHP Tim Wakefield (6-5, 4.97) vs. RHP Alexi Ogando (12-5, 3.30)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Pitching matchups for the Rangers series-Your Expectations?

Based on those matchups, I'd be pleased with a split.

They seem to be throwing a lot of good pitchers at us. We have Bedard who has been just okay, Lackey who's been better lately, Beckett who is giving up homers lately and a very disappointing Wakefield.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree with all of you about a split.  Texas is still a very good offensive team and has decent pitching.  Definitely not the same team as last year without Cliff Lee.  
    They also have a very good home record. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

A split would be good,3 of 4 would be better though.
    Here's a scary fact from WEEI.com:

6. In four career starts against the Red Sox, C.J. Wilson is 3-0 with a 1.35 ERA, with 26 strikeouts and no home runs allowed in 26.2 innings.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from <).TheBabe.(>. Show <).TheBabe.(>'s posts

rangers take 3 of 4

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I say we win them all , one at a time of course !! LOL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The games  they should absolutly lose is Lackey and Wakes' starts, so that will be the games  they win. I see a 2-2 split.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Pitching matchups for the Rangers series-Your Expectations?:
       The games  they should absolutly lose is Lackey and Wakes' starts, so that will be the games  they win. I see a 2-2 split.
    Posted by attic-dan

Up is down and down is up A-D!  Gotta love baseball.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Pitching matchups for the Rangers series-Your Expectations?:
    In Response to Re: Pitching matchups for the Rangers series-Your Expectations? : Up is down and down is up A-D!  Gotta love baseball.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

I agree Sox set offensive records in July, then set futility record of three straight Fenway games of 3 hits or less in August.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Miller gets the start Thursday, Wake pushed back to Friday against A's.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

My expectation? To enjoy the game out on the deck tonight with my absolutely beautiful wife and enjoy my Sox. One game at a time, don't get to far in front of yourself or you will lose your focus. What a fine night for a baseball game, but when is it not?

• Sections
    Shortcuts