Pitching matchups for this week’s Yankees series-Your expectations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Pitching matchups for this week’s Yankees series-Your expectations

Tuesday, 7:10 p.m.: LHP CC Sabathia (17-7, 2.99 ERA) vs. RHP John Lackey (12-9, 5.98 ERA)
    Wednesday, 7:10 p.m.: RHP Phil Hughes (4-4, 6.46 ERA) vs. RHP Josh Beckett (11-5, 2.43 ERA)
    Thursday, 7:10 p.m.: RHP A.J. Burnett (9-11, 5.31 ERA) vs. LHP Jon Lester (14-6, 3.09 ERA)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

Re: Pitching matchups for this week’s Yankees series-Your expectations

i expect the law of averages to kick in and the yank-ems will take at least 2.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No, it is an odd year... Sox take 2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i expect the usual Yanks/Sox series, though i do expect/hope the Yanks will play better across a whole series than they have previously against the Sox...and i can't help but think the Hughes/Becks game will be the best of the three...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Pitching matchups for this week�s Yankees series-Your expectations

Sox sweep.  Lackey pitches like cr@p but the Sox score big and he still gets the win.  Hughes/Becket and Burnett/Lester are no contest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Pitching matchups for this week�s Yankees series-Your expectations:
    [QUOTE]Sox sweep.  Lackey pitches like cr@p but the Sox score big and he still gets the win.  Hughes/Becket and Burnett/Lester are no contest.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE] guess the Yanks should just stay home...Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

no honest nyy fan can feel good about those match ups

so I predict  the yankees sweep the sox ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Pitching matchups for this week’s Yankees series-Your expectations:
    [QUOTE]i expect the law of averages to kick in and the yank-ems will take at least 2.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

I also agree with the law of averages.  The Yankees should win a few games and could definitely win this series.  It really doesn't matter who is pitching. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Pitching matchups for this week�s Yankees series-Your expectations:
    [QUOTE]Sox sweep.  Lackey pitches like cr@p but the Sox score big and he still gets the win.  Hughes/Becket and Burnett/Lester are no contest.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]
    Regardless of pitching match-ups, never take anything for granted. The Yanks will show up to play. I would be happy to see the Sox take 2 of 3 but they will have to earn it. To assume a sweep is insane regardless of what the season series is at. You have to respect the opponent, even if it is the Yankees.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

We're not tossing coins. I'm hoping for 2 out of 3 with good outings from Beckett and Lester.  Lackey will probably get shelled.  But who knows? That's why they play them. "Vive, Ride, Ama!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Granderson Swisher yankee stadium "homers" don't leave Fenway, sox take 2 of 3

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

As others are saying, we're in a good position, but you can't ever take anything for granted in games like these. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: Pitching matchups for this week’s Yankees series-Your expectations:
    [QUOTE]Granderson Swisher yankee stadium "homers" don't leave Fenway, sox take 2 of 3
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

that post by soxnewmex makes no sense

this post breaks no news

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pitching matchups for this week’s Yankees series-Your expectations : that post by soxnewmex makes no sense this post breaks no news
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

cmon pinstripe everyone knows homer stats for left handed hitters at yankee stadium are higher than they are at most other stadiums, a lot of those yankee stadium dingers to right are warning track flyballs in other places including  in Fenway

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pitching matchups for this week’s Yankees series-Your expectations : cmon pinstripe everyone knows homer stats for left handed hitters at yankee stadium are higher than they are at most other stadiums, a lot of those yankee stadium dingers to right are warning track flyballs in other places including  in Fenway
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE] i don't think Granderson's difference is high enough to be clear cut- 20/18

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pitching matchups for this week’s Yankees series-Your expectations : cmon pinstripe everyone knows homer stats for left handed hitters at yankee stadium are higher than they are at most other stadiums, a lot of those yankee stadium dingers to right are warning track flyballs in other places including  in Fenway
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

I don't think granderson having 2 more HR at home

and swishes spilts being dead even

gives your other post much merit

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

We have owned CC and Burnett, that should not change!  So, there is 2!
    Hughes is very tough!  But if Josh brings his "A" game...we could sweep!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I would be completely satisified with 2 of 3 this week. Pitching matchups favor the Sox, but the Yankee offense is potent, as is the Sox so lets face it, series against these two teams are pickem in every game they play. Weekend schedule and a night game in Baltimore tonight won't help the Yankees, but they will be dangerous anyway. Game 1 is key, if the Sox beat CC again with Beckett and Lester the next two, the Sox can start dreaming of a sweep. However, I also think the law of averages plays in here also, not in the series but for CC. Tough too beat a Lefty pitcher that good 5 times in a season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pitching matchups for this week�s Yankees series-Your expectations : guess the Yanks should just stay home...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

actually jete, for the sox to win, the yanks have to stay away from home.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pitching matchups for this week’s Yankees series-Your expectations : I don't think granderson having 2 more HR at home and swishes spilts being dead even gives your other post much merit
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

stats don't lie but they don't speak the full truth either, there's more to baseball than stats, psychology for instance, comfort level and timing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

CC is gonna throw a gem against the Sox and prove he can beat them and the Yankees take game one. I think Hughes and Burnett will both come up small and the Sox take two of three. Hughes is my boy, but having a brutal year. Time to face the facts. And Bummett is just brutal. Those are my predictions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm not sure this two day break is working to the Sox's favor.  There's a lot to be said for being in the habit of playing every day with only an occasional day off.  Other than the A/S break this team hasn't had two days in a row off since March. 
    I also think this two day break will help them down the road, but I'm concerned that two days off may disturb the team's rhythm enough to make CC almost unbeatable coming off that break.

I still say Sox win 2 of 3. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

Stats don't make great fried egg sandwiches, I do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

I predict 3 LONG games. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Pitching matchups for this week’s Yankees series-Your expectations:
    [QUOTE]Tuesday, 7:10 p.m.: LHP CC Sabathia (17-7, 2.99 ERA) vs. RHP John Lackey (12-9, 5.98 ERA) Wednesday, 7:10 p.m.: RHP Phil Hughes (4-4, 6.46 ERA) vs. RHP Josh Beckett (11-5, 2.43 ERA) Thursday, 7:10 p.m.: RHP A.J. Burnett (9-11, 5.31 ERA) vs. LHP Jon Lester (14-6, 3.09 ERA)
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

I expect CC to pitch better then he has and Lackey to pitch about as well as he has....Hughes struggled in his last start so he should do well and Beckett hasn't been commanding his breaking ball....Lester pitched his best game of the year and since it's still August not sure why they didn't skip Burnett...Sox take 2 of 3 with Aceves getting both the wins...My crystal ball's as good as anyones...

Sections
Shortcuts