Pitching rotation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

Pitching rotation

What are you waiting for Ben?...sign us a GOOD starting pitcher!...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Pitching rotation

In response to Brawny27's comment:

How is this sentiment worthy of a new thread?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Just to refesh your memory this what the poster been mostly talking about as of late:

If BC plays the waiting game there will be no more pitchers to sign.

(1) Greinke wanted too much of a contract that Sox are willing to put out.

(2) Maybe it is trade time for Cliff Lee or R.A Dickey., This will be my first choice.

(3) The Dodgers rumour is Capuano and Harang could be on the trade block, but Sox don't need this type of pitching

(4) Other options are Sanchez, Jackson, Marcum, Lohse, and Lariano, at first I was thinking Lohse now i am in more favor of getting Jackson

(5) Lester Bucholtz Lackey Doubront even with Morales or Acevez starting in the fifth rotation will not be a strong enough rotation. if the Sox sign Jackson then the rotation could start off as 6 man rotation. Lester Bucholtz Jackson Lackey Doubront and Morales/Acevez. Other option Lee or Dickey, Lester, Bucholtz, Lackey Doubront and maybe Morales/Acevez getting a number six spot.

A six man rotation could be beneficial at the beginning of the season to get all the pitchers arms slowly broken in. Later in the season drop it down to a 5 man rotation after Farrell and company reevaluate the pitching.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

Just to refesh your memory this what the poster been mostly talking about as of late:

(2) Maybe it is trade time for Cliff Lee or R.A Dickey., This will be my first choice.

(3) The Dodgers rumour is Capuano and Harang could be on the trade block, but Sox don't need this type of pitching

(4) Other options are Sanchez, Jackson, Marcum, Lohse, and Lariano, at first I was thinking Lohse now i am in more favor of getting Jackson

(5) Lester Bucholtz Lackey Doubront even with Morales or Acevez starting in the fifth rotation will not be a strong enough rotation. if the Sox sign Jackson then the rotation could start off as 6 man rotation. Lester Bucholtz Jackson Lackey Doubront and Morales/Acevez. Other option Lee or Dickey, Lester, Bucholtz, Lackey Doubront and maybe Morales/Acevez getting a number six spot.

A six man rotation could be beneficial at the beginning of the season to get all the pitchers arms slowly broken in. Later in the season drop it down to a 5 man rotation after Farrell and company reevaluate the pitching.

not a big fan of 6 man rotations.. they're useful in long stretches of games with no offdays but for the most part they never work. plus you'd be giving your best pitchers less starts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

What is with these people getting impatient with Ben C.'s lacking on signing a free agent pitcher or lacking on making a trade.

Does these people realized these remaining top five to top ten best pitchers's asking prices are ridiculous damn high?  Also via trade, they are also asking too much in return from Boston.

Seriously, Ben C. is working his butt off every single day on calling 30 plus different baseball teams every week as well calling at least 20 different free agents every week to see what kind of progressing that they are making lately.

Ben C. is nt just to say "heck with these guys, and just sign a guy like Gutherie or Liriano or Dice K cuz they are all a bottom starting rotation.  What Boston really need is a top of the rotation pitcher!!  

Seriously, guys, be patient.  Our day will come soon!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

How is this sentiment worthy of a new thread?

How is your opinion worthy at all

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

not a big fan of 6 man rotations.. they're useful in long stretches of games with no offdays but for the most part they never work. plus you'd be giving your best pitchers less starts

Good point. My concern mainly will be getting a positive evaluation on Lackey's return. The sox could start off with 6 man for a complete 3 rotation and see how Lackey's response. Then Farrell and company can then go with the five worthy pitchers and  send the others in the pen for back up issues.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

[/QUOTE?
    Good post you nailed it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

What part of Nothing-Happens-Til-Grienke-Is-Signed don't people get about the pitching market?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Grienke is a worse contract disaster than Crawford. A good GM will ignore this signing when agents come puffing.

Dickey's a bum and a pipe dream.

Lee's old and has been a bum in the last two playoff series from this last 2 years of playoff apperances. Unless the Phillies want Lackey and his contract, the Red Sox should avoid Lee and his contract like the plague.

Red Sox fans and GM's suffer from "Pipe dreaming syndrome", which is how prima donnas like Lackey  and Crawford and Jenks end up on the payroll.  

Fans who fail to be specifin on what SP they will acquire by making the highest market bid are worthless baseball minds.

Contrary to your assertions, it seems that Cherrington is waking up from/making up for from the pipe-dreaming of his predecessor.  

No pipe dreams this winter, much to the chagrin of Alibi-Ike et al.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Some old poster was saying we should send farm scraps to the Mets for Santana and some cash.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

NO, not "some cash". All 28M in cash. I've noted that you are against the proposal to offer farm scraps and acquire NL resthome league 4 plus ERA in 2012 Santana for 3M total labor cost guaranteed payments.

4 plus ERA before coming to the AL East or after?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Shane was, wthout a doubt,  pipe dream contract offer. As for the pitcing, you may have spoken too soon. Still time for another Red Sox GM appeasing Red Sox fans' pipe dream FA or Cliff Lee "found a sucker for a salary dump".

SV is very different from what you seem to define as pipe-dream contract.  Shane was a drastic overpay so they could keep the years short on a proven, solid, very professional veteran.  No pipe-dreaming.  I don't think anyone is expecting Victorino to be The Answer.  Just an entedote to the pampered, soft Big Labor crowd you rail against the Sox brass for signing.

As for pitching, you are right, plenty of time left for a pipe-dream.  I have my doubts though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If the season started today I'm pretty sure the rotation would look spmething like this: Lester,Bucky,ShaLackey,and then comes the questions Doubrant,Morales and Aceves. I really think one of the young guns they acquired in the Dodger trade Webster or De La Rosa will be given every chance to win the final rotation spot.I'd much rather they try to steal a pitcher from another organization like maybe Garza from the Cubs,but I ain't holding my breath!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

At this point our options appear to be:

1) keep what we have and hope we get big improvements from Lackey, tarazwa, doubront, morales, aceves, etc.

2) overpay in dollars for a 2-4 type pitcher in Jackson, Lohse, Sanchez, etc

3) overpay in prospects for a solid younger type pitcher like anderson

4) take on risk on an older type pitcher or 3-4 type pitcher such as santana, dickey, capono, etc

Obvious the best answer is whatever BC deems the highest reward to risk(In lack of talent, health and $).  Good luck BC, and don't wait too long.  The pickings get slimmer the longer you wait.

Sections
Shortcuts