Pitching

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Pitching

Has anyone noticed that since the pitching has stepped up the runs have started to accumulate? Funny how hitters feel less pressure to score runs when they feel the pitching will keep them in a game no matter how many they score. Baseball is such a mind game. Give me four good starters, a decent pen and I will give you a world series victory. We have 5 good starters, if they come through 80% of the time that would add up to 100% of four great starters! Hows that for math all you numbers freaks?
    And while im visiting id like to say hello to Since Yaz, Boomer, Carnie, Harness, Jete, Moon man, NH Steve and God only knows who I forgot, the old brain cells are struggling these days. Best wishes to all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Pitching

Promise!!! I remember before UR recent absence that you spoke of a health issue.
    I hope you're O.K. Great to hear from you, and your take on great pitching and how it reduces the pressure on hitters is pinpoint.

The pressure shifts to the opposing hitters/pitchers. I wonder where the posters who mocked "5 aces" are?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Pitching:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone noticed that since the pitching has stepped up the runs have started to accumulate? Funny how hitters feel less pressure to score runs when they feel the pitching will keep them in a game no matter how many they score. Baseball is such a mind game. Give me four good starters, a decent pen and I will give you a world series victory. We have 5 good starters, if they come through 80% of the time that would add up to 100% of four great starters! Hows that for math all you numbers freaks? And while im visiting id like to say hello to Since Yaz, Boomer, Carnie, Harness, Jete, Moon man, NH Steve and God only knows who I forgot, the old brain cells are struggling these days. Best wishes to all.
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

Gooood morning, Promise!  Good to see your post.

Your brain's working pretty durn well!  Your heart's in the right place too!!!!!

Best to you, good sir!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Pitching:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone noticed that since the pitching has stepped up the runs have started to accumulate? Funny how hitters feel less pressure to score runs when they feel the pitching will keep them in a game no matter how many they score. Baseball is such a mind game. Give me four good starters, a decent pen and I will give you a world series victory. We have 5 good starters, if they come through 80% of the time that would add up to 100% of four great starters! Hows that for math all you numbers freaks? And while im visiting id like to say hello to Since Yaz, Boomer, Carnie, Harness, Jete, Moon man, NH Steve and God only knows who I forgot, the old brain cells are struggling these days. Best wishes to all.
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]Good to see you back promise. The pitching has been lights out the last couple of turns around the rotation. This rotation is starting to look like the one everyone was hyping last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

When a team is ahead, the game also plays out differently.  The team with the lead is going to use their best relievers, while the team from behind is going to use their lesser ones, creating a bigger offensive advantage for the team that holds the lead.  The losing team is often more concerned with conserving what they have for a game that they're more likely to win. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to Re: Pitching:
    [QUOTE]When a team is ahead, the game also plays out differently.  The team with the lead is going to use their best relievers, while the team from behind is going to use their lesser ones, creating a bigger offensive advantage for the team that holds the lead.  The losing team is often more concerned with conserving what they have for a game that they're more likely to win. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]

Excellent point as always. Hello Los, missed you on my hello's last night, struggling with the short term memory right now, but hopefully it will all come back soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pitching : Good to see you back promise. The pitching has been lights out the last couple of turns around the rotation. This rotation is starting to look like the one everyone was hyping last year.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Carnie my Friend, hows your weather, Michigan is cold, rainy and bleary day after day! I read alot here but post very infrequently. The old ticker is ticking but the mind is a little lost these days.  I so enjoy the real Sox fans here, makes all my days brighter! Thankfully I have my Sox to brighten each day. Win or lose, they are mine and I will always love them! I cry when they lose and toast when they win. Hey have you seen that kid from Cleveland that is smackin'em down from the mound? Damn i could have sworn he pitched for the Sox a year or so ago. Now what the hell was his name again, darn i need my Q cards!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Justin Masterson P4U. good to see you, even if it is far too infrequently. teams lookin' good eh promise? your mind seems to be working just fine. your posts are always worth reading.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pitching : Gooood morning, Promise!  Good to see your post. Your brain's working pretty durn well!  Your heart's in the right place too!!!!! Best to you, good sir!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

I check almost every day to see what you posted you ol guiser! When you do, you always make my day, as I told Carnie (nice young fellow BTW) The mind is evading me these days. But the ticker is kicking, it just has no idea where its going. LOL! Good to talk to you ol friend! Gosh I miss the park, sure would like to go home one more time and see the ol team play, maybe with that kid Buch on the mound, wow its nice to dream!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]Promise!!! I remember before UR recent absence that you spoke of a health issue. I hope you're O.K. Great to hear from you, and your take on great pitching and how it reduces the pressure on hitters is pinpoint. The pressure shifts to the opposing hitters/pitchers. I wonder where the posters who mocked "5 aces" are?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Hello my friend, The tickers ticking, the brain waves are slow. But im here and I have my Sox. Thank you for your always kind words. And those posters your looking for? Check the grade schools, im sure they are there. Be safe my friend I missed you while you were gone, i read much, but post seldomly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]Justin Masterson P4U. good to see you, even if it is far too infrequently. teams lookin' good eh promise? your mind seems to be working just fine.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Hey J-Bay another great poster i missed on my hello's! Yep that darn Masterson kid. I sure wish him well, momma and I try to get over to Cleveland to see the sox when they are in town, we missed them early this year. So damn cold here the brain would have perminantly frozen up anyway. But im sure happy for him and the club in cleveland.
    And hell ya the club looks good, Im excited, dont tell anyone, but I think they have a chance to win it all! Good talkin to you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Promise, just looked at the schedule;the sox will be back in Cleveland the end of May, 23, 24,25. should be warmin' up by then.last one's a day game which may work out better for you.  hopefully, the sox will return the favor next time around and get back the three they took from us. just our luck promise, sox faced the two hottest teams coming out of spring training. that's the beauty of a long season, it all comes out in the wash and evens out in the end my friend

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

To my friends here, I had mentinoned that My son produces a sports talk show in Michigan. Because he is a Boston boy like his dad, the host ( nice Itatian guy from Michigan) often talks Boston sports. Kinda funny listening to the show, he repeatedly stated when the sox were loosing their britches they would not be there for very long and would soon surface as a force. I invite you to listen to the show via internet at this location, http://thegame730am.com/ they are on from 6am till 9am. I listen every day and would love to hear one of you old dawgs call in to Mad Dawg! If BaseballGm calls in i will will faint, make sure you use you handle if you call in so I know who its is!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]Promise, just looked at the schedule;the sox will be back in Cleveland the end of May, 23, 24,25. should be warmin' up by then.last one's a day game which may work out better for you.  hopefully, the sox will return the favor next time around and get back the three they took from us. just our luck promise, sox faced the two hottest teams coming out of spring training. that's the beauty of a long season, it all comes out in the wash and evens out in the end my friend
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thanks my friend, Momma just got all excited, we maybe able to make one of those dates. The company I work for is in Akron, I feel the need to visit the corporate office on those days!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Nice link Promise. I'll give it a listen. I'm on the west coast. What are UR son's on-air hours?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

hey Harness, he is on between 6-9am EST

Sections
Shortcuts