Pitching....Pitching and more Pitching

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Pitching....Pitching and more Pitching

The Sox starters and Bullpen have been fantastic.....and it looks like Morales and Breslow are now beginning their Minor League games phase of their recovery.....and of course eventually Hanrahan and Lackey will be back. I had benn of the opinion that when the lefties come back, Aceves may have been one of the likely to go, but he has clearly shown his worth in subbing for Lackey.....Mortensen has again pitched pretty well and he is out of options, Tazawa a pitcher with options is now one of the key guys in the pen so he isnt going anywhere....Uehara and Bailey are locked in to the 8 and 9 roles for now. Miller has shown great stuff, batters are hitting .143 versus him....but has had some command issues.....Bailey, Hanrahan, Uehara, Tazawa, Miller, Breslow, Morales, Mortenson, Aceves, .....9 guys....7 spots.....we had alot of this discussion in the spring but now we have the luxury of seeing guys over the 1st 3 weeks of the season....who stays....who goes.....demotions or trades? After seeing Bailey, would you consider moving Hanrahan?....not that trading him at this time of the year would even be possible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Pitching....Pitching and more Pitching

Your title says it all, and I entirely agree.  Cherington helped things by doing less not more and by getting a new manager and pitching coach.  Plus I think last year's disaster and the departure of Beckett have helped motivate the pitching staff. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

it's a good problem to have. I still think Aceves and Miller are the guys to go. you can get somethig good for Aceves IMO and im not sure we should be carrying 3 lefties in the pen but if they wanna do that i would hold onto Miller and get rid of Mort. we could get a nice pitching prospect for Mort i think

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

it's a good problem to have. I still think Aceves and Miller are the guys to go. you can get somethig good for Aceves IMO and im not sure we should be carrying 3 lefties in the pen but if they wanna do that i would hold onto Miller and get rid of Mort. we could get a nice pitching prospect for Mort i think

Interesting, I sort of figured you as an ACEVES fan !!!

i am an Aceves fan. doesn't mean i wouldn't trade him. When Morales comes back Aceves becomes expendable. If we could find a way to carry them all i would do that.. but someones gotta go and Aceves/Mort are the most valuable guys on the chopping block.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Interesting, I sort of figured you as an ACEVES fan !!!

i am an Aceves fan. doesn't mean i wouldn't trade him. When Morales comes back Aceves becomes expendable. If we could find a way to carry them all i would do that.. but someones gotta go and Aceves/Mort are the most valuable guys on the chopping block.

ACEVES, has value, but is also a dangerous actor out there !!  In the long run, he will always be "detrimental" to any team that he is on !!!  (JMO)

highly speculative..... your only basis for that is the BV incident. and be honest, who didn't want to show bobby V up last season? can't blame him for that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There's no way of know if and how much Aceves might be "detrimental" to the team. Sometimes it helps a team to have one guy that flies against the grain, so to speak.

Aceves was one of the best mid-long men in MLb for a pretty long period of time. 

I'm not sure I'd count on Morales to step right in and fill that role.

I'm not against trading Aceves and mentioned trading him several times this past winter, but I think some of his antics are being blown out or proportion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

2 or 3 for 1...two or three to 1...two or three for 1...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I remember a few years ago having the same issue of TOO MUCHPITCHING. We madea trade and then everything went to he!! in a hand basket.  Must make sure thosecoming back have the right stuff before trading a guy like Aceves who I think looks likeas anissue to us but is loved by the team for his tenacity and wanting to win badly.

Sections
Shortcuts