Place your bets...WHO GETS PLUNKED?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Place your bets...WHO GETS PLUNKED?

Ortiz?

Pedroia?

Napoli?

Nobody?

About to find out if Arod's teammates really do support him.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Place your bets...WHO GETS PLUNKED?

In response to slasher9's comment:

Ortiz?

Pedroia?

Napoli?

Nobody?

better yet, who goes yard with that short porch in right field?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I think nobody gets hit.  

But Ortiz will hit a homer tonight as the Red Sox win the opener.   Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

IMO, No one; the primary goal for retaliation is to protect your players. The hysterical media driven controversy after the ARod plunk achieved that goal; to wit, no one apparently threw at him since.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Ortiz?

Pedroia?

Napoli?

Nobody?

idk Slash, my thinking is the league/umps(right or wrong) will likely get on top of this even before a pitch is thrown, or give early warnings, but will also likely not enforce a breaking ball related plunk (which they did in that previous game)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I think the NYY will focus on winning one game at a time.  If things didnt go toward their way such as Boston winning the first two, I am sure the third game and the forth game of the series, NYY could look for a trouble between two clubs.

So that is depend how the series goes!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Yanks have 23 games left. When you hit the 20 game mark, things change. Not enough time for making little mistakes.
    Girardi is a Good Manager, he'll make his point only to his advantage. Play-off baseball for the Yanks.

I'm going with Papi, slow runner, he rather throw him on first then take a chance to hit HR. Score will be to Yanks advantage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

just had a thought(ok insert burning wood joke here Tongue Out)....is there a point in the game where the umps might dismiss intent?(disguised or otherwise)...tho it's safe to say neither team would pick a crucial situation to do something foolish 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Michael Kay: "SEE YA, A HOME RUN BY DAVID ORTIZ and the Red Sox are up 8-0 in the third." 

Wink

LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I think they will not plunk anybody.  They are making a push to make the playoffs and really can't afford to put anybody on base with a free pass.  My gut tells me that if they do hit somebody it would be VERY well hidden and I'm thinking it's Salty since he was the battery-mate at the time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from doofus54. Show doofus54's posts

The Yankmees will make a statement one way or the other. They will either:

• Hit a batter early in game 1, showing their support for Arod, or
    • Hit no one, clearly indicating their total lack of support for Arod.

The sad part is, Alex Rodrigiez will be anxiously seeking this sign of friendship... with bated breath.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I thing U Conn has it right....the Yankees will not risk their momentum by plunking anyone, until a situation arises where it would have no affect......if for example the Sox were up big in the 8th inning tonight.....the Yankees might have one of the relievers plunk someone...and since Papi supported AROD and chided Dempster, I cant see it being him.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Alex Rodriguez

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

WHO GETS PLUNKED?

Alex Rodriguez

LOL...talk about hiding in plain sight :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to doofus54's comment:

The Yankees will make a statement one way or the other. They will either:

• Hit a batter early in game 1, showing their support for Arod, or
    • Hit no one, clearly indicating their total lack of support for Arod.

The sad part is, Alex Rodrigiez will be anxiously seeking this sign of friendship... with bated breath.

fixed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

LOL...Larry Luch talkin' tough Tongue Out...Larry Lucchino on possibility of Red Sox, Yankees renewing feud: ‘If it starts up, I’m going to look for [Yankees president] Randy Levine’
    09.05.13 at 11:00 am ET
    By Jerry Spar

The last time the Red Sox and Yankees met, on Aug. 18 at Fenway Park, Ryan Dempster drilled Alex Rodriguez with a pitch, leading to the players from both teams leaving the benches and milling about the infield.

The teams are set to start a four-game series in the Bronx on Thursday night, and Sox president/CEO Larry Lucchino knows the feud could continue, even though Dempster was punished by the league with a five-game suspension.

During a Thursday morning appearance on Dennis & Callahan, Lucchino said he plans to attend Thursday’s game, and he has a plan in mind if the teams get into it again.

“If it starts up, I’m going to look for Randy Levine,” Lucchino joked about his Yankees counterpart.

On a serious note, Lucchino said he hopes the players put the incident behind them.

“They’ve had some comments about the incident,” Lucchino said, referring to the Yankees’ condemnation of Dempster. “Baseball sort of has a way of allowing these things to perpetuate themselves. I hope [another incident] doesn’t happen. It’s a little different now, because each of these games matters so much. I don’t think anybody wants to ignite the other team.

“So, I don’t know what will happen. I know that what happened here was not something that was mandated or ordered or whatever. And I hope the Yankees behave the same way.”

A couple of days after the game, David Ortiz made some public comments questioning Dempster’s actions and supporting Rodriguez, his friend.

“I’m rarely in the clubhouse during a game, but I happened to be in there right after that, and I did see that David was disappointed and had no problem expressing that,” Lucchino said. “But he and Dempster are very good friends. Everyone loves and respects Ryan Dempster. And I think that I’d just look to put that in our rearview mirror and focus.

“We’re in a pennant race. This is September. This is a textbook-definition pennant race, where you do scoreboard-watching in the second inning and you stay up late waiting for the results of the games. We should just enjoy a September — we haven’t had this kind of pennant race with this many teams involved. If you can’t get excited by this pennant race, maybe you’re not as much of a baseball fan as you think. You shouldn’t let yourself be distracted by some of these peripheral issues.”

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

LOL...Larry Luch talkin' tough Tongue Out...Larry Lucchino on possibility of Red Sox, Yankees renewing feud: ‘If it starts up, I’m going to look for [Yankees president] Randy Levine’
    By Jerry Spar

yeah right Larry, for what, grape Kool-Aid filled Super Soakers at 10 paces :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The games are too important to do anything stupid. No one needs ejections , suspensions or injuries. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

I have a bad feeling the yankees are going to aim for Middlebrooks wrist.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

By Jerry Spar

Oh c'mon, Jete!

That was funny!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

By Jerry Spar

Oh c'mon, Jete!

That was funny!

LOL,,no doubt..i did crack up when i read it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

just an aside.....ouch!! :-)    Dan Shaughnessy ‏@Dan_Shaughnessy 22s

From today's NYTimes: In 264 gm vs. Red Sox, Jeter's been hit 24 times. David Ortiz? Hit once in 185 career gm vs. Yankees

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

just an aside.....ouch!! :-)    Dan Shaughnessy ‏@Dan_Shaughnessy 22s

From today's NYTimes: In 264 gm vs. Red Sox, Jeter's been hit 24 times. David Ortiz? Hit once in 185 career gm vs. Yankees

Jeter's a diva, er I mean "diver"!

Wink

Sections
Shortcuts