PLAY GM: PUJOLS IN OF OR REYES AT SS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

PLAY GM: PUJOLS IN OF OR REYES AT SS?

assuming sox only have one big move to go and likely wont bring back pap when bard is ready to take over the job barring injury. say all things are equal, and looking at our minr league situation, u frankly would go with reyes. its a position the sox have never been able to wrap up. in my view, you go with the best player possibly available on both sides of the ball. imagine ells and reyes at the top of the order with pedy hitting 6th or 7th? my issue with pujols in rf is that its still an unknown if he could sustainably pull it off. still can you imagine having both gonzo-pujols in the 3-4 hole or ortiz-pujols in the 5-6 hole?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Re: PLAY GM: PUJOLS FOR RF OR REYES AT SS?

In Response to PLAY GM: PUJOLS FOR RF OR REYES AT SS?:
    assuming sox only have one big move to go and likely wont bring back pap when bard is ready to take over the job barring injury. say all things are equal, and looking at our minr league situation, u frankly would go with reyes. its a position the sox have never been able to wrap up. in my view, you go with the best player possibly available on both sides of the ball. imagine ells and reyes at the top of the order with pedy hitting 6th or 7th? my issue with pujols in rf is that its still an unknown if he could sustainably pull it off. still can you imagine having both gonzo-pujols in the 3-4 hole or ortiz-pujols in the 5-6 hole?

Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

I thought during this past off season we were supposed to imagine ells and crawful at the top of the order? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Pujuols in RF? Why not put Lincecum at third base while you are at it.

Good question though since the offense is in need of a jolt.

New poll: who should be fired today... Text 1 for Tito Text 2 for Theo.

Google me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I think if you turn on your Playstation and put in a disk , you could assign Pujols to your team and put him at any position you like.

But in real life, Pujols will most likely not leave the Cardinals, and if he does , he will NOT be playing rightfield. He played some leftfield when he was younger, but he is not likely to return to an outfield position at the stage of his career. Rightfield in Fenway requires a player who is fleet-footed ( that means kinda fast) and Pujols is not it.

As far as Reyes is concerned, maybe as a rental if numerous major injuries crop up, but the long term solution is Iglesias, he will be given a chance to succeed as he is one of Theo's prize draft picks and he rarely parts with these players unless he is desperate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

You're more likely to see Pujols sign as a 3B than RF.... not saying that either will happen, but at least he's played 3B this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

We don't need either one!  Both are too expensive!  And we can fill RF and SS internally with good people coming up!  Keep the farm productive and you won't need megabucks FA's!!!  Reyes has a couple of screws loose, and we don't need that!  What do you do with Pulols?  Has he ever played rf, and he is getting older!  Not a time to move him to a demanding "legs" position!  We will be fine!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: PLAY GM: PUJOLS FOR RF OR REYES AT SS?:
    In Response to PLAY GM: PUJOLS FOR RF OR REYES AT SS? : I thought during this past off season we were supposed to imagine ells and crawful at the top of the order? 
    Posted by --The--Babe---
    hey during the off-season i got roasted when i called for craw to hit NINTH! turns out i was closer to the truth than most esp since he was hitting 9th and likely will return to that position next year if we upgrade. craw is kind of a jack of all trades guy who masters nothing except speed! he should get better as the season goes on but will be a slight upgrade over jd drew in time. solid, stable but no monuments as with gonzo. is what it is. as for pujols, i'm getting convinced that perhaps rf is out. cant put him at third for youk is there and is a value +valued stock. perhaps we could put albert in left, move craw to cf and ells to right. ells has a slightly stronger arm than craw. theo may consider that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Neither. We have at least 30 million coming off the books after this year but the Red Sox will not sign either. First of all, they won't give up on Iglesias or Kalish before either of them really get a chance in the majors. Second, you can't have a superstar at every postion because they all demand long contracts, and eventually they will all get old at once. Somewhat similar to what is starting to happen with the Yankees and what will happen in the next few years. Also Pujols won't play anything but 1st base for his team 2012 and beyond. He started off as a LF, moved to 3rd, and then to 1st to make room for Scott Rolen/ save his elbow after an elbow injury. He is a gold glover and seems to enjoy first base. He wouldn't want to put extra strain on his elbow, or move from a postition he is good at to leave a team he's been with 10 years and will go to the HOF with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Pass on both.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: PLAY GM: PUJOLS IN OF OR REYES AT SS?

Crawford a "slight upgrade" over Drew?

Are you nuts?

This is like saying a BMW is a "slight upgrade" over a tricycle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

NEITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    Fantasy baseball is not a real sport and does not equate to the real thing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Abstain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Sox have enough hitting to win. Though no Reyes, Marco Scuturo is a solid major league SS...and has a history of producing in big games. Pujols is going nowhere. 

JD Drew is having a terrible year, and looks done. But, the Sox have some options in the minors to replace him. Catching remains a concern.

Nonetheless, the name of the game is pitching. If the Sox are to make a trade, it should be to bolster their pitching staff.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Sox need a slugging right fielder ... then Iglesias can then play short and not be required to hit right away.  Pujols is a luxury, Reyes is the better fit ... but I still think RF is the big issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Contrarian you make me laugh. You were "closer to the truth" when you predicted Crawford will hit ninth this year. The dude usually hits 6th or 7th the is equi-distance from the 3 or 4 hole than it is the nine hole. In other words when someone bats sixth in the lineup there are two spots before him before the 3 hitter and there are 2 spots behind him to the nine hole. And no he wont hit 9th next year even if the Sox upgrade. No matter what the lineup is he'll never hit below 7th for an extended period of time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Hey , Wolfpack, that crazy preacher in Oakland thought he was "closer to the truth"  when he said Judgement Day was May 21, 2011.

Ask the guy at the convenience store if being "close" on lottery numbers wins you any money.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

This thread isn't realistic and deserves no comment.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

In Response to Re: PLAY GM: PUJOLS IN OF OR REYES AT SS?:
    Sox need a slugging right fielder ... then Iglesias can then play short and not be required to hit right away.  Pujols is a luxury, Reyes is the better fit ... but I still think RF is the big issue.
    Posted by soxmeister

If RF is an "issue", it's only because of JD's struggles at the plate. Defensively, its a non-issue, since JD is one of the best at that position. How many runs has he prevented over the years?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This thread isn't realistic and deserves no comment.
    Posted by betterredthandead

you realize that IS a comment, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: PLAY GM: PUJOLS IN OF OR REYES AT SS? : If RF is an "issue", it's only because of JD's struggles at the plate. Defensively, its a non-issue, since JD is one of the best at that position. How many runs has he prevented over the years?
    Posted by soxdawg08
    beginning to be a believer of the defense thing. sox are second only to the rays in al of baseball in balls in play AVERAGE at .278. carl crawford has also been great. so yep it is a 2-way deal. lowrie isnt a great ss so perhaps reyes majes more sense. in his prime. a 7 year 143m deal should do it!

Sections
Shortcuts