Players Meeting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenchylfcnsox. Show tenchylfcnsox's posts

Players Meeting

Apparently a players only meetings is going on right now.

Any ideas what it could be about?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Players Meeting

The beards are coming off. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Valentine has been rehired. The players are deciding if they are all going home or not.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Discussing new ways to torture Shaugnessy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

drawing straws to see who "hangs out" with jenny dell tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Fried chicken and beer?

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

maybe demanding Pedro C be retained??? dissent of some sort? who knows? you would think they would be happy as clams at this point...nothing good ever comes out of these gatherings

As always - 100% correct!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Trying to persuade  management to get rid of their punch-and-judy DH?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to tenchylfcnsox's comment:

Apparently a players only meetings is going on right now.

Any ideas what it could be about?

I think they are concerned about the amount of hair spray and gel Salty uses in the clubhouse.  LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Probably two items on the agenda:

1. Making sure everyone clearly understands that even though Papi is raking, running well, and picking right up where he left off in 2012, he is still d.o.n.e., and everyone should expect him to be back on the DL and his season overwith any day now.  No need to think of him as a full time player.  And don't think he isn't washed up.

2.  Manage expectations.  Even though the club is playing great now, it is vital to avoid confusion:  the club is not built to be a contender, so everyone should lower their expectations to "squeek into the playoffs".

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenchylfcnsox. Show tenchylfcnsox's posts

Hopefully nothin to worry about. Just seems strange that there would be any dissent at this point. 

YNWA - JFT96

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Probably trying to figure out if they should Bill806, Idiot2004 and Conan on the "IGNORE LIST".

Just my extremely ignorant, conservatively liberal, all knowing, pervasive, practically meaningless and but extremely intellectual points of view.

Hetch   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Probably two items on the agenda:

1. Making sure everyone clearly understands that even though Papi is raking, running well, and picking right up where he left off in 2012, he is still d.o.n.e., and everyone should expect him to be back on the DL and his season overwith any day now.  No need to think of him as a full time player.  And don't think he isn't washed up.

2.  Manage expectations.  Even though the club is playing great now, it is vital to avoid confusion:  the club is not built to be a contender, so everyone should lower their expectations to "squeek into the playoffs".

Well said. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Pedroia: "Iggy you're the best SS we have, and clearly deserve the starting job over Drew; however, he is getting paid 9.5m this year... So we have to see you waste your talents in the bench"

Iggy: "No hablo ingles"

And Drew is justting sitting there doing nothing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

Pedroia: "Iggy you're the best SS we have, and clearly deserve the starting job over Drew; however, he is getting paid 9.5m this year... So we have to see you waste your talents in the bench"

Iggy: "No hablo ingles"

And Drew is justting sitting there doing nothing.

Or - 

Pedroia:  "Iggy you're the best SS we have.  Why the heck did it take signing this dude (points to Drew) for way too much money to get you to take your hitting approach and conditioning seriously.  If you hadn't been resting on your bonus baby pillow for the last two years, we never would have had to have another Drew in here."

Iggy:  "No hablo Ingles".

Drew:  "Don't look at me.  I just work here man."

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

It could be a highly personal matter.  I would hate to speculate.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Hey, maybe it's a team meeting to tell everyone what a great job they're doing?  As a matter of fact, I've called staff meetings just for that purpose.

Not ALL team meetings have to be negative. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

some times it is just to ensure that every one is on the same page. That as the season moves forward that there will be player moves that always do not seem fair but it is a business and they know JF & management is doing all he can to make them all successful.

Or plans for the team to do something as a team for the community.

I hope it is not to discuss anything that concerns the health of a player or family

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Hey, maybe it's a team meeting to tell everyone what a great job they're doing?  As a matter of fact, I've called staff meetings just for that purpose.

Not ALL team meetings have to be negative. 

I remember those types of meetings at a place I used to work at. Everything was hunky-dory and there would be no layoffs because everyone was doing a great job. A few days later a couple dozen people would get their walking papers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

anyone ever confirm what the meeting was really about?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Farrell: "Do we really have the best record in the AL right now?!?"

Ellsbury: "Holy sh*t, I did not know that.  I'm so focused on my individual stats because Scott Boras promised to make me very rich since this is my contract year."

Uehara:   "私はレッドブルが必要!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Farrell: "What did he say?"

Uehara's Translator: "He said that he needs another Red Bull."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Farrell: "Do we really have the best record in the AL right now?!?"

Ellsbury: "Holy sh*t, I did not know that.  I'm so focused on my individual stats because Scott Boras promised to make me very rich since this is my contract year."

Uehara:   "私はレッドブルが必要!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Farrell: "What did he say?"

Uehara's Translator: "He said that he needs another Red Bull."

LOL

Good one, IC.

Sections
Shortcuts