Players Meeting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Players Meeting

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Farrell: "Do we really have the best record in the AL right now?!?"

Ellsbury: "Holy sh*t, I did not know that.  I'm so focused on my individual stats because Scott Boras promised to make me very rich since this is my contract year."

Uehara:   "私はレッドブルが必要!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Farrell: "What did he say?"

Uehara's Translator: "He said that he needs another Red Bull."

LOL ice

the meeting was probably about

whether they wanted headphones like last yr  or another gift

for voting to play the split DH sat

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't think there is any problem. Did you notice them up on the top step of the dugout , cheering in the 14th inning last night ?  Emotional game. Lot of enthusiasm and team spirit.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

They were discussing if they can really save 50 percent on their auto insurance

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenchylfcnsox. Show tenchylfcnsox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Hey, maybe it's a team meeting to tell everyone what a great job they're doing?  As a matter of fact, I've called staff meetings just for that purpose.

Not ALL team meetings have to be negative. 

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I don't think there is any problem. Did you notice them up on the top step of the dugout , cheering in the 14th inning last night ?  Emotional game. Lot of enthusiasm and team spirit.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

Yeh, I've probably watched just over half of Red Sox games live this season (midnight starts in the UK dont help!) and its all seemed so far so good in terms of team morale (Aceves aside) Guess the whole thing was being blown up a little on Twitter by some of the journos. All seemed well last night (from the highlights) so I suppose it was just a regular meeting held by the players from time to time.

Panic over!

YNWA - JFT96

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Probably two items on the agenda:

1. Making sure everyone clearly understands that even though Papi is raking, running well, and picking right up where he left off in 2012, he is still d.o.n.e., and everyone should expect him to be back on the DL and his season overwith any day now.  No need to think of him as a full time player.  And don't think he isn't washed up.

2.  Manage expectations.  Even though the club is playing great now, it is vital to avoid confusion:  the club is not built to be a contender, so everyone should lower their expectations to "squeek into the playoffs".

lol, I enjoy your version of the meeting better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Where is there any mention that a players only meeting is going on?  If they are.....how could it be a bad thing?  I think all teams hold them from time to time.  The season is a 3rd over....why not?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

Hey, maybe it's a team meeting to tell everyone what a great job they're doing?  As a matter of fact, I've called staff meetings just for that purpose.

Not ALL team meetings have to be negative. 

I remember those types of meetings at a place I used to work at. Everything was hunky-dory and there would be no layoffs because everyone was doing a great job. A few days later a couple dozen people would get their walking papers.

How sad...

What was your longest tenure of employment?

Sections
Shortcuts