players u want to see go.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: players u want to see go.

In Response to Re: players u want to see go.:
    [QUOTE]from the sounds of this, half the team needs to go. including coaches. The common thoughts: 1. Trade youk 2. trade lackey for some other bad contract 3. morales, jackson, mcdonald, albers, drew gone. 4. Most want wakefield gone 5. coaching staff gone. Split on: 1. Ortiz 2. Tek Big surprise to me is the Crawford supporters. I thought ppl would say im crazy for still believing in him. Good to see tho.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

The pitching was a major problem this year and it definitely makes sense that most Red Sox fans would want to see Lackey, Wakefield and many members of the bullpen replaced.  I have always supported Crawford and just believe he had a bad year.   I may feel differently about him next season, but I expect that he will  turn things around next season.   Varitek would make a very good coach. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

" ur trippin' "

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Lackey, Crawford, AGone, Wakefield, Papelbon, Bard, Youkilis for starters

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhonest. Show bhonest's posts

lackey, agon, crawford, youkliss, beckett. ortiz are going nowhere. sox have no more money to spend for high priced FAs. the team wont change much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

saltimachia started to break down.. I beleive receiving & throwing from conventional pitch for 5-6 days a week.. and then the pain in the @ss it must be to control a game & catch a knuckle ball that one start a week begins to take its toll on a catcher! by the end of the season Salty couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag.. and his timing was way off throwing out runners the last quarter of the season! passed balls... wild pitches.. hit batters.. walks.. homeruns.. 50 losses in wakefaild's last 72 appearances! ENOUGH, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF TIM WAKEFAILD!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to players u want to see go.:
    [QUOTE]name 4-5 players that u believe u should go. 1. lackey -total disaster. not fit for Boston. 2. drew -he will retire. so this one is given. 3. mcdonald -just not good enough for this team. good guy tho 4. youkilis -often injured. not clutch and has value. 5. lowrie -big fan of lowrie, but we cant count on him. this one hurts. I'm willing to give Crawford another year. He trully cares about earnings his money and will return to form. Scutaro is deserving of another year. not sure if he gets it. id also like to see Wakefield stick around as a spot starter when needed.

Lackey, McDon, Drew, Wake, Tek or Salty to make room for Lavarnway.
      We need four solid starters and a fifth that can hold opponents with a 4.75 ERA or less.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Lackey, Papi, Youk(missed 100 game over 2 seasons) unless he is completely healthy. Wake. V-tek(unless he is looking for coaching gig). Drew is gone anyway. Maybe Beckett in trade. He can't stay in shape. The reason he faded down the stretch I believe. Salty. Lowrie(he cant stay healthy). Theo.

Is Gardner available? He would be a good Red Sox in right field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]There are couple guys that Boston should get rid of, but they are still under contract.   Anyway: 1. Drew: Retires 2. Daisuke - unmovable due he still have one more year left of contract and wont be back until mid june to mid july.  So he's stuck with the team for 12 millions 3. Wakefield: sign with a different team or retires 4. Varitek:  Retires or sign with another team 5. Ortiz ( runs too slow to play anymore):  let the Yankees have him to prevent them signing Prince Fielder. 6. McDonald: unmovable due he is under a contract for one more year.  Unless Theo trade him for low prospects to free up money on payroll. 7. Albers:  Keep.  Only one of the five pitchers were able to pitch all  year along.  Hard to trust relievers in nowsdays especially these free agents 8. Conor Jackson: gone 9.Jenks: under contract for one more year.  Guess Sox are stuck with him. 10.Morales Keep unless, they find a decent left hander.   Theo alway signed wrong left handing pitcher every year.  Okjima was one of the better left hander pitcher that Theo signed, but only last two years. 11. Lackey:  Trade him for another bad contract guy such as Vernon Wells, etc. 12.  Youkilis:  More likely to trade him.  Sox know he will not be able to play a full year anymore due hip problem.  Remember Lowell and next is A-Rod.  Better trade him now cuz his value is still high.  Sox can just look for another 3B such as Rameriz of Cubs. 13. Pitching coach: gone 14. Third base coach: gone Meaning the Sox may need to find up to 12 guys.  That is the problem.  Too much work for Theo to do.  More likely to keep two or three guys above.
    Posted by 4079efa6860279c229d23166fa17dfda[/QUOTE]

Players gone:
    Dice
    Drew
    Wheeler
    McDon
    Pap
    Albers
    Jackson
    Miller
    Tek?
    Bowden
    Wake?
    Bedard?
    Gathright

Players possibly traded:
    Lackey
    Lowrie
    Youk?
    Doubront
    Reddick?
    Kalish?
    Becket, if Tek goes I predict Josh bombs out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

In Response to players u want to see go.:
    [QUOTE]name 4-5 players that u believe u should go. 1. lackey -total disaster. not fit for Boston. 2. drew -he will retire. so this one is given. 3. mcdonald -just not good enough for this team. good guy tho 4. youkilis -often injured. not clutch and has value. 5. lowrie -big fan of lowrie, but we cant count on him. this one hurts. I'm willing to give Crawford another year. He trully cares about earnings his money and will return to form. Scutaro is deserving of another year. not sure if he gets it. id also like to see Wakefield stick around as a spot starter when needed.

Scutaro is back and deservedly so

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

1. Lackey
    2. Wakefield
    3. Varitek
    4. Lowrie
    5. Albers
    6. Crawford - Will never happen
    7. DMac

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Tek
    Drew
    Wake
    jenks
    diceK
    D Macdonald

Then add all new players 25 or under who are hungry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Be realistic, Lackey, Crawford, AGon-where-is-he, Dick-k, Reddick and Scutaro will all be here next year.  Those going will include Lowrie, Tek, Drew, McDonald and Wakefield.  Those who might be also going will include Ortiz, Youk and possibly Epstein...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

Easier to say who stays... Pitchers Beck Lest Bard Buch Aceves Pap Position Ells Pedey Gonzo youk The rest all on the block for any trades, granted that's almost impossible in lackey and Crawford cases so we are stuck with them. All the free agents and back ups can go, only tough call is Ortiz , probably offer him something more team friendly than 12 m Tek, wake, dmac, aviles, scut, lowrie, jackson, Albers, wheeler, salt can all depart The team needs to get younger and hungrier, and grow together led by the likes of pedey and ells. Fed up of seeing the rays throw young guys in and them stepping up whilst all we ever hear is our young guys aren't ready.....it's crap, so lets see what lavarnway, kalish, Iglesias can do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

1)Lackeys bad attitude
    2)Lackeys lack of heart
    3)Lackeys gift of killing morale
    4)Lackeys fat a$$
    5)Lackey

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

1-Wakefield-selfish
    2-Varitek-old
    3-Lowrie-fragile & selfish
    4-Youkilis-cancerous attitude
    5-Lackey IF POSSIBLE-see E.R.A, W-L, W.H.I.P

To minors if possible : Andrew Miller

Bonus round :
    Curt Young & Tim Bogar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickterp. Show rickterp's posts

I'm sure finding a way to dump Lackey will be a big priority for the front office, but the only way that happens is if they find a team looking to unload a bad contract themselves and the pieces fit right. Vernon Wells might be a possible -- slot him in as the regular DH if Papi isn't resigned.

Crawford is going to stay and they will try to see if he can turn it around.  If next year is a similar story, then it's time to look for another team that wants to unload a bad contract -- maybe the Mets send Jason Bay back here?

Youk is awfully tempting as trade bait -- reload the system with a few prospects and see if Middlebrooks is ready to start up here.

Papi is gone -- I'm sure he's one of the guys Tito described as being unable to reach this year. That fiasco about the official scorer costing him an RBI may have been the last straw. Besides, it's tough to tie up the DH spot with someone who can't play the field.

Wake wants to come back and maybe will if they manage to unload Lackey and need someone at the back of the rotation. But this may depend on who the new manager is -- Tito was happy to help him chase records, but a new skipper may not want to play this game.

Tek seems like a perfect bench coach under the new manager, but I don't see him returning in a playing role -- seems like Salty and Lavarnway are ready to handle the position.

Bullpen will get overhauled again. Aceves and Bard will definitely be back. Papelbon is a tough call -- the front office will definitely try to sign him, but will they be willing to top the highest bidder? Even if Paps is back, they will need a solid setup guy so Bard doesn't get burned out -- and Albers/Morales/Wheeler/Atchison ain't it. If Doubront is healthy he might be a key piece of the puzzle.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]1. John Lackey 2. David Ortiz 3. Tim Wakefield 4. Daisuke Matsuzaka 5. JD Drew
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

I agree with your choices....just throw in Beckett.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

The "Boston Boozers" (aka. Wakefield, Lackey, Beckett, Buckholz) famously cameod in a country western video  for a song entitled I LIKE BEER !I have not a doubt in my mind that these four clowns are the starting pitchers involved in clubhouse imbibing when they are not scheduled to pitch, as well as begging off workouts with the strength trainer and NOT running in the outfield according to their assigned workout schedule. Not a single doubt. 

Their terrible seasons are the first indication to me that they ALL should be gotten rid of....especially Buckholz who has on more than once in his early, and as of yet, not very successful career, been chided to drop the partying act and get serious about being a professional. Undoubtedly, his boozing and backing off training schedules had a role to play in his bad back this year....the others are F-A-T pigs who cannot get beyond the 6th inning. And giving up 5-6 runs per game is not sufficient reason to keep ANY pitcher, regardless of what you are paying them or how good they might have been once, or how many games they have won in the past. That's how losers think!

If you have pitching that svcks, just get younger, cheaper svcky pitchers....they might learn how to pitch eventually, and you won't have a bunch of fat pig "me" first slobs ruining the entire operation...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I would also agree with Ortiz (I'm NEVER buying Papi Chips!...THEY MAKE YOU FAT , PAPI, NOW EAT A FREAKIN' SALAD, YOU FATE PIG!..AND KEEP YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT WHO SHOULD PITCH TO YOURSELF UNTIL YOU ARE NAMED A MANAGER SOMEHWERE, FATMOUTH),  the out-of-shape and brittle YOUK, and  McDonald, the talentless one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

This Sox team will suffer long from last year's FA and trade fiasco...Lackey, Gonzalez, Crawford and Beckett.  I am wondering exactly who some posters think will pick up our unwanted garbage and give us gems in return?  Management will never agree to eat any part of a contract...they are way too concerned about making money - not losing money. 

Youk - makes around 13 mil and is only good for about 120 games a year and does have some trade value but not as much as his contract indicates
    Lackey - he is what he is...a .500 pitcher with high ERA and long contract at 15 mil - non-tradable - nobody that stupid unless Sox pick up money on him
    Crawford - somehow does not fit Sox mold and is a 20 mil liability for next 6 yrs and will be only speed after Ells departs for greener pastures and more dollars
    Gonzalez - performed exactly as expected...regardless of what this board says and makes Youk expendable

Sox are still a great team close to playoffs regardless of issues they have. New manager will have tough road ahead. Don't understand management's love affair with Theo, but oh well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Youk has already said in public that he might not mind playing somewhere else.

But with a sports hernia and bursitis in his hip, I am not sure of his true value.

Problem is, if somone on the other side of the field is proselytizing for his religion, it may make some people uncomfortable.  And Youk has every right be to uncomfortable if that is the case.

Would hate to lose Youk, but a change of scenery may be best for everyone.

This was one of those Goridan knots that Tito couldn't unravel.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

1. Drew 2. Daisuke 3. Wakefield 4. Varitek 5. Ortiz ( runs too slow to play anymore) 6. McDonald 7. Albers ( too fat) 8. Conor Jackson ( not really sure what we needed him for in the first place) 9.Jenks 10.Morales ( we can get a better lefty than this) Sorry , couldn't stop at 6. I'd also add that I would  not keep Aviles, Lowrie and Scutaro....I would keep only one of them , which one I am not sure, but they are all basically similar and backups at best. Scutaro impressed me with his desire in the final month, but he's the oldest of the three so it's a tough call on how many productive years he can give us. Also, if Lackey had only 1 year left on his contract , i would write him off as a mistake and eat the remainder. But, this would be too costly, so he gets one more chance.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

And so lizard thing who would you keep? The groundskeeper, or would you prefer we go to golf?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Saltimacchia is never going to be the guy at catcher.  He is a strikeout waiting to happen.  Misses the ball like he has a huge hole in his swing. Thanks Theo for another great acquisition.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Again, I'll say it...if your starting pitchers SVCK to the point they can't SVCK enuf, then get some young SVCKY arms and let them get experience...they can't be any worse and they will cost you nothing....what about this is hard to get...other teams do it...the "Boston Boozers' just plain quit, or were unable to get the job done.....they will have to accept financial losses in attempts to move some of these (ahem) gems on the diamond....the sooner the better...why saddle a new manager with a bunch of unreliable Fat Pig worthless clowns!