PLAYOFF LINEUP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Douggyfresh176. Show Douggyfresh176's posts

PLAYOFF LINEUP

ELLSBURY
    CRAWFORD
    PEDORIA
    GONZO
    ORTIZ
    YOUKKK
    REDDICK
    SALTY
    SCUTRO/ LOWRIE .. DOESNT MATTER!!

FRANCONA NEEDS TO STOP BEING A PLAYERS COACH N GET DOWN TO BUSINESS !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Re: PLAYOFF LINEUP

Playoff Rotation:

Beckett
    Lester
    Wakefield

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

ELLSBURY
    PEDROIA
    GONZO
    ORTIZ
    YOUKKK
    REDDICK
    CRAWFORD
    SALTY
    SCUTARO

This is better.  Putting a low OBP guy (Crawford) in the two spot to move a high OBP guy (Youk) down in the order makes zero sense.  I would favor Ortiz at clean-up over Youk who can go 5th for Ortiz protection.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: PLAYOFF LINEUP:
    [QUOTE]ELLSBURY PEDROIA GONZO ORTIZ YOUKKK REDDICK CRAWFORD SALTY SCUTARO This is better.  Putting a low OBP guy (Crawford) in the two spot to move a high OBP guy (Youk) down in the order makes zero sense.  I would favor Ortiz at clean-up over Youk who can go 5th for Ortiz protection.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]
     Yup.  I dig it 111.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Reddick in 6 spot is dubious. Crawford only fits in leadoff, as Pedroia and Agon and Ortiz and Youk must take 2 -5. Crawford will have to get it done in 6 spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Ells is definitely leadoff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

VS RHP

Els
    Peddy
    Agon
    Papi
    Youk
    CC
    Salty
    Reddick
    Jed

VS LHP

Els
    Peddy
    Agon
    Youk
    Papi
    Mike Aviles RF
    CC
    Vtek
    Scut

Rotation

Jon Lester
    Josh Beckett
    Clay Bucholz (Yes!!! He's coming back!!)
    Erik Bedard *if necessary

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Two best hitters right now are Ellsbury and Ortiz.  Pedroia has cooled off, Youk even more so, and even AGon seems to be sliding.  His fewest monthly rbi's to date were in August with 13, and right now he is headed for even fewer in September. 

Against righties, I agree with stack lefties up front in the lineup, but not against lefties. 

Ellsbury is a problem.  Really.  He's too good to be the leadoff guy.  In fact, he would be a good #3 hitter for plenty of teams.  But I think he stays put because he is great guy for getting things started and even better when the bottom part of the order gets people on base. 

Bottom line:  I don't much care about the lineup if guys are hitting.  And, if they aren't, no juggling by Francona can fix it.  Tuesday he again experimented with Ortiz batting 4th, which was completely justified.  So what happens?  Top of the 1st, Jake, Pedroi, and AGon all get on base with Big Papi coming to plate with the bases loaded and nobody out.  Almost anything scores a run, except a strikeout, which is what he did. 

I figure Francona will not go with a set lineup but vary it based on who the opposing starter is. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Few thoughts:

The only place in the order that would change how Carl crawford hits for Boston this year would be on the LA of A Angeles roster. It was a puzzling signing at the $$$ and years if Crawford played to his career numbers. Moving him up in the order isn't magically going to change things for him. He is who the back of his baseball card says he is. A low OBP guy that doesn't have disciplined PAs and on this team he is a bottom third of the order guy. If the RS had more depth he'd also be a platoon player.

Clay Buchholz isn't going to be back IMHO, certainly not as an effective starter.

If folks hadn't noticed at least until Youk catches fire, he and Ortiz are swapping the 4 spot based on SP match-ups.

The OPs crack about player's manager I just don't get in the context of the OP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to PLAYOFF LINEUP:
    [QUOTE]ELLSBURY CRAWFORD PEDORIA GONZO ORTIZ YOUKKK REDDICK SALTY SCUTRO/ LOWRIE .. DOESNT MATTER!! FRANCONA NEEDS TO STOP BEING A PLAYERS COACH N GET DOWN TO BUSINESS !!
    Posted by Douggyfresh176[/QUOTE]

So far this year Ellsbury has been a much better hitter than Pedroia and would therefore be a better choice for batting third.  However, it makes more sense to leave Ellsbury at 1 and Pedroia at the 2 and probably AGon at the 3.  Crawford, as fivekatz says, is a bottom of the order guy. 

Sections
Shortcuts