Playoffs television broadcasting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

Playoffs television broadcasting

WHy is TBS involved now with MLB palyoffs...it should just be FOX.  They were last year too, dont worry, I am aware.  It is horrible that I cannot even watch some of these games on tv because I do not have full cable.  Please someone tell me now how I can watch the Sox in the playoffs on my computer in MY apartment.  The balckout restrctions really need to go, it is UNFAIR that I cannot purchase the baseball package and watch the red sox, beacuse I live in Boston.  This HAS to be fixed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Playoffs television broadcasting

I feel your pain

Why don't you see if you can get TBS on your computer?

Or get TBS added to cable for just October then cancel it?

Or if you have a friend who gets TBS, use a slingbox (or similar device) to relay the signal back to you

Or call MLB.com and see if they can help you - maybe you can buy a package just for Oct?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Strike13's comment:

WHy is TBS involved now with MLB palyoffs...it should just be FOX.  They were last year too, dont worry, I am aware.  It is horrible that I cannot even watch some of these games on tv because I do not have full cable.  Please someone tell me now how I can watch the Sox in the playoffs on my computer in MY apartment.  The balckout restrctions really need to go, it is UNFAIR that I cannot purchase the baseball package and watch the red sox, beacuse I live in Boston.  This HAS to be fixed

Post season games will not be blacked out.  During the regular season, yes because MLB used to show on other channell.  For example, Yankees game is on YES channel which MLB is showing that game.  Meaning MLB is blacked out while it is not blacked out on YES.

But when the post season come, all games are on TBS or MLB or FOX.   not on local televised game such as NESN, YES or etc. 

So therefore, no game is blacked out in post season.  I have never seen a black out games for any post season games in my entire life!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABSmoke. Show ABSmoke's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Post season games will not be blacked out.  During the regular season, yes because MLB used to show on other channell.  For example, Yankees game is on YES channel which MLB is showing that game.  Meaning MLB is blacked out while it is not blacked out on YES.

But when the post season come, all games are on TBS or MLB or FOX.   not on local televised game such as NESN, YES or etc. 

So therefore, no game is blacked out in post season.  I have never seen a black out games for any post season games in my entire life!!

The postseason games are indeed blacked out on MLB.tv. There is no (legal) way to watch the TBS broadcast unless you have full cable. I am in the same predicament, as I do not have cable TV. I'm either going to have to go to a bar to watch the games or go to a friend's house. Frown

Definitely frustrating.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

if you don't have cable how do you watch ANY games?

Radio is free a good alternative

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Or if he have just a very basic channel, how can you be a sport fan?  Being a sport fan, you must have good sport package toward to the cable package.  I cant live without watching Red Sox game or Patriots game or Bruins game or Uconn games, etc!!

IF my wife said no, I ll say see ya!!! or then I ll just go to the bar every nite!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I have a dish and 40% of my bill is for Sports and NESN in particular.

Dish cost me $500 for the equipment installation - since then I have had to replace 2 boxes ($150) and get a new dish ($150) from last year's huricane

But.....I also had to cut some trees down for $1,000 - they were up a hill so I didn't want to do it myself

The trees crashed down on my retaining wall which cost me $2,000 to rebuild

But I didn't care - it was all for the SOX games

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I have a dish and 40% of my bill is for Sports and NESN in particular.

Dish cost me $500 for the equipment installation - since then I have had to replace 2 boxes ($150) and get a new dish ($150) from last year's huricane

But.....I also had to cut some trees down for $1,000 - they were up a hill so I didn't want to do it myself

The trees crashed down on my retaining wall which cost me $2,000 to rebuild

But I didn't care - it was all for the SOX games

seriously?

I have direct tv, and never pay a penny for a new boxes or etc!!

They just mailed it to me free!!

For dish??  never have try to have it replace

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

[QUOTE]

Or if he have just a very basic channel, how can you be a sport fan?  Being a sport fan, you must have good sport package toward to the cable package.  I cant live without watching Red Sox game or Patriots game or Bruins game or Uconn games, etc!!

IF my wife said no, I ll say see ya!!! or then I ll just go to the bar every nite!!

[/QUOTE]

Hey little man....having cable or not has no bearing on the how big of a fan one is.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And who the hell says I'm a "he"...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABSmoke. Show ABSmoke's posts

I live in Colorado, so I wouldn't get NESN on cable anyways. I use MLB.tv for live streaming games online, which I can watch either on my computer or through my TV. The national games are blacked out (Sunday night baseball, fox games, playoffs, etc) so I have to find other means to watch those games.

Uconn, there is such a thing as the internet these days. As Strike said, having basic cable has nothing to do with your status as a sports fan. In this day and age, there should be a way to pay and watch the playoffs online without worrying about national blackouts for streaming content due to national cable TV owning the rights.

Sections
Shortcuts