Please let Papi go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Please let Papi go!

In Response to Re: Please let Papi go!:
    [QUOTE]SinceYaz this is not bridge year... we must have a closer and another starter in order to remain a contender. On the offense we can afford to let Ortiz walk and trying Iglesias as short, we do not  need to ad a single outsider for their offensive abilities. We can easily be in first place in July and then make any move we want:  another starter, reliever,  short-stop, right-fielder, or whatever. This team has more weapons than most teams even without replacing Ortiz. I fail to understand why so many of you are either blind or just taking the path to gluttony. 9) Crawford 1) Elles 2) Pedroia 3) AGon 4) Youk 5) Lavarnway 6) Kalish/Reddick 7) Salty/Hernandez? 8) Iglesias PLEASE ANYONE HERE WANT TO GO TO THE MAT ON PROVING THIS ISN'T a GREAT LINE-UP ALREADY?  ANYONE? Or do you all need Pujols and Fielder to sooth the loss of Ortiz? The above line-up, providing we have added a good #3 starter, and have an effective closer, will keep us in 1st place all summer long. ADJUSTMENTS Can be made in JULY is necessary...  WHAT DON'T YOU PEOPLE GET? There I feel better, screaming alone on a Internet forum. Thanks
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Ha!

I was just joking, B ...

But that's ok.  I hope you feel better.  

Do be careful though.  You should know this better than most.  There is a certain unpleasant consideration in Bangkok - or Pnom Phen - of men who stand alone and scream at things ...

I don't want you to be taken into custody simply because we disagree about Papi.

That line-up is superb, but even better with a Papi available.

(I have long, strong roots in southern Asia ...)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]If the RS don't give Papi a contract, you can be sure NY will. The RS are stupid to let the best DH in the league walk away, just as they were stupid to not re-sign Beltre and Vmart, opting to sign Crawford to a rediculous 7 year contract instead....way to go Theo.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

While I agree with you ... at least about everything but VMart (I don't think he was staying anyway ...) Now that Carl is here I am 100% in his corner.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Priority is using money wasted on ortiz and applying it to contracts for Wastefield and Varitek, two of the good ole boys. Last year, those two cost almost 6 million for part-time player bench duty.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Please let Papi go! : You can't have it both ways. If the RS don't re-sign him, it's pretty much guaranteed he'll be a Yankee.....may be one anyway as I'm sure now that the negotiating window has passed, they will offer much more than Boston, and I guarantee he will hurt us big time. much like Damon did when we let him go to the evil empire.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Be a Yankee ...NOT!!!... Do you think the YANKEESwant to get older. iF the posters on here think Ortiz is done!! Then why would Yankees want him? Ortiz stays !!!

8. This post has been removed.