Please Let Varitek Go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Please Let Varitek Go!

Please Let Varitek Go!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from eunichaclub. Show eunichaclub's posts

Re: Please Let Varitek Go!

He's been gone for 2 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

He wont be back!!!!  dont worry cuz Boston already have two young catcher who both are making less than Tek are making last year.

Boston would rather to spend Tek money on starting pitchings and relievers!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yes, please, please let Varitek go.  Anything to diminish Softy's obsessive, redundant harping on him.  And Wakefield too while we are at it.  That would just leave Jitterbug.  1 out of 3 ridiculous obsessions would be so bearable.  Make it happen Ben!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A new record: 11 days, 6 hours, and 43 minutes without a new VTek bashing thread from softy! Maybe we can go 2 weeks before the next one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AND WAKEFIELD, PAPI & BECKETT TOO !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

At least Bill-806 has the guts to throw Beckett in the mix. Get rid of the bum!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bill's only doing what his old man tells him to do. Is that really BRAVERY?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think bringing up young, promising catchers to sit on the bench is a wonderful idea.  Why leave them in AAA simply and allow them to get valuable experience when they can ride the bench with the parent club.

The only thing worse than serving a wine before it's ready is bringing up a promising minor leaguer before they are ready.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Varitek is rotted wine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Please Let Varitek Go!:
    [QUOTE]Varitek is rotted wine.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

And your incessant harping on it is stale bread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

How about Jorge Posada as a backup catcher/backup first baseman/pinch-hitter? He still wields a decent bat and seems to come through in clutch situations. He recently said he's willing to take a reduced role and knows he won't be returning to the Yankees. Finishing his career in Boston would be a fun way to needle Yankee fans and tarnish his New York legacy. More importantly, excluding 2011 when he still had an OBA higher than Varitek, you have to go all the way back to 1999 to find a year where he dipped below .350. That's excellent production for a catcher. I'd rather see him as a part of the catching mix over another year of Automatic Out Varitek.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]How about Jorge Posada as a backup catcher/backup first baseman/pinch-hitter? He still wields a decent bat and seems to come through in clutch situations. He recently said he's willing to take a reduced role and knows he won't be returning to the Yankees. Finishing his career in Boston would be a fun way to needle Yankee fans and tarnish his New York legacy. More importantly, excluding 2011 when he still had an OBA higher than Varitek, you have to go all the way back to 1999 to find a year where he dipped below .350. That's excellent production for a catcher. I'd rather see him as a part of the catching mix over another year of Automatic Out Varitek.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

The guy will be 41 next August.
    He caught only 6 innings last year.
    He had a .714 OPS last year.
    He's a clubhouse cancer.

VTek will be 40 in April.
    He caught 575 innings last year.
    He has had an OPS above .722 for 2 straight years.
    Softy hates him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]How about Jorge Posada as a backup catcher/backup first baseman/pinch-hitter? He still wields a decent bat and seems to come through in clutch situations. He recently said he's willing to take a reduced role and knows he won't be returning to the Yankees. Finishing his career in Boston would be a fun way to needle Yankee fans and tarnish his New York legacy. More importantly, excluding 2011 when he still had an OBA higher than Varitek, you have to go all the way back to 1999 to find a year where he dipped below .350. That's excellent production for a catcher. I'd rather see him as a part of the catching mix over another year of Automatic Out Varitek.

Most hilarious post of the week!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Nice post, David, even if I would not pay Posada 1 to 2M for a year.

Moonslob loves Varitek, which means getting rid of him will help the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, getting rid of Vtek (our back-up catcher) and Wake (our 6/7th starter) are our very top priorities and warrant endless new threads by the silly clown to remind us daily of what is most important for this team's success.

Is Ben Sheets still available?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Lmao.....this really needs to be talked about.  It has to be so low on the priority list for the gm he might not get to it until spring training starts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Ben Sheets was quite good in the year I wanted him on a one year cheap deal. Mr. Wastefield lover.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Ben Sheets was quite good in the year I wanted him on a one year cheap deal. Mr. Wastefield lover.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Lies come so easy for you.

You wanted ben Sheets the year we signed Lackey. You even bragged after the fact that he'd have been a better signing than Lackey (true), but that year was 2010 Bub. The year he went 4-9 with a 4.53 ERA (1.391 WHIP) in the best pitching park in MLB (Oakland). He a 6.66 road ERA and a 1.675 WHIP away from the large home park. The opps had a .966 OPS against him away from Oakland.

If you call that "quite good", then Wake is an excellent 4 slot pitcher.

What a silly clown.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

You take and pay for Lackey, I'll take Sheets. You take Wastefield and nearly 4million a year, Moron!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'm sure NYY would really be "needled" by our picking up Posada. I think amused would be closer.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Is Josh a free agent? If you want Beckett gone, explain who you think you can get to replace him. Beckett can still produce, where tek's talents are gone.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]JACKBOY......  PLEASE SPARE ME/US.....  BECKETT IS A FRAUD AND HIS WAISTLINE MAKES ME LOOK THIN...... "SON, HE'S GOT THE $$$$$.... LIKE J D DREW, JUST NEEDS TO RIDE IT OUT !!!  WHO CAN TAKE HIS PLACE ????/  PROBABLY SOMEONE OUT OF   3-AAA......  YES, HE IS OVERRATED,OVERPAID, AND VERY OVER WEIGHT !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

& TEXAS  STUPID !!!!   (BEER & CHICKEN, BACK IN THE CLUB HOUSE, GIVE ME/US A BREAK !! )