Please, no more Japanese pitchers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Re: Please, no more Japanese pitchers

In Response to Re: Please, no more Japanese pitchers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to  Re: Please, no more Japanese pitchers This remark is racist, what about Lackey he pitches just as good as Dice-K... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

"you're going to throw good money after bad just for the rights of possible potential. there are relocation expenses, interpretors and culture shock. okijima admitted last year he was homesick and i'm not sure how happy dice k ever was here. i question if it's their arms are overworked, the level of play isn't comparable or a cultural difference within the game. "

The problem is, there have been so few it becomes easier to remember the failures than the successes.  But I'd be willing to bet the success rate of Japanese imports is greater than the success rate of first round draft picks...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

You would be correct.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I think that it was 3 fold: (1) they wanted to acquire the latest phenon ( at that time); (2) they wanted to out bid the Yankees; (3) they truly did want to market MLB and the Red Sox brand internationally.  Now that they have had 5 years to review the results the experiment has likely been non-profitable, although they will probably debate us on that.  Gammons was right on, throw in the diva-like persona of Dice-K and you have this enigmatic teammate.  I dunno, rather draft 12 pitchers every June and hope 1 oe 2 develop like a Lester and/or Buchholtz

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sorry but when you make a blanket statement like this you cant hide behind the canard that it isnt racist....to indict an entire nation/culture based on one guy's performance is pure ignorance...

why not say we should sign all Japanese ball players based on Ichiro's performance???  well because that's not accurate either...

let's get real - Dice & Oki were a lot more effective than Smoltz, Penney, and dozens of other players Theo signed during the same period.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]I'm often very much thrown into a race relations argument when it comes to reverse racism, which has occurred in my neck of the woods (too much Roker). No, the thread starter, did not have "racist" on his mind when he wrote his post. He is frustrated that some of the Japanese pitchers (Korean too) have not worked out pleasantly for the Sox. But I'm with jimmy buffumet, he put a blanket statement in a headline, and if you classify people based on race, in this manner, you are a racist. Embrace your racism, don't pretend. But remember this is exactly how Hitler started. He broke things down based on race. I think you know how horrible that turned out.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

That is far from racisism. Bigoted maybe. But to call someone a racist, you better have undeniable proof. He did not express a superiority of one race over another. Clearly he doesn't like Japanese pitchers, but maybe he does like Japanese position players.
    To call someone a racist based on that post is totally irresponsible!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]China is the new future.
    Posted by small-package[/QUOTE]
    Can you say that with all certitude?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

greetings djcbuffum

wow that's quite a post

and I don't disagree,

I stand corrected, I should have said

I didn't think his intent was to be a mean spirited racist

that said

with all due respect, this is a BB forum, one

with so many other issues, inculding posters starting threads and 

not supporting their posts, so I'm thinking

we can move on if we can agree there was no poor intent

have a nice day

scratch that, have a nice evening

after the game is over ;-)

BTW I didn't agree with the OP post  / point

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please, no more Japanese pitchers : thats how I took it also and the manner in which i posted. Dice k's contract involved more than the posting fee and salary...included relocation, a housing allowance, 8 first class RT tickets to japan and more. my point was about the return for the investment.....why do these threads have to turn into something they werent meant to be?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

J-Bay,

I think some of these posts turn to negativity that we so often see on Boston.com because certain folks who post on this site aren't capable of saying much in a positive way, so their only comeback in this particular case is to be bring out the race card.

There is nothing racist in the original post and although I've not read every comment, I've not read any racist comments yet.

All that being said I'll agree with a few who have mentioned that if you read the subject line by itself, it could be taken in a racist vein, but when you read the article the poster is not racist. He just should have worded the title a bit differently and with a clearer message. 

Hetchinspete

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please, no more Japanese pitchers : J-Bay, I think some of these posts turn to negativity that we so often see on Boston.com because certain folks who post on this site aren't capable of saying much in a positive way, so their only comeback in this particular case is to be bring out the race card. There is nothing racist in the original post and although I've not read every comment, I've not read any racist comments yet. All that being said I'll agree with a few who have mentioned that if you read the subject line by itself, it could be taken in a racist vein, but when you read the article the poster is not racist. He just should have worded the title a bit differently and with a clearer message.  Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

I agree totally.When I read the thread title"Please no more Japanese pitchers",I thought it was going to be a racist thread.But after reading the OP post,I don't feel he meant the title to sound racist.He could have chosen his wording better for it though.Unless of course, he was trying to bring in lots of people to read his post by making the title controversial,if that's the case,Well done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

There is nothing racist in the original post and although I've not read every comment, I've not read any racist comments yet.

Racist: One who belives one race (not ethnicity) is superior to another

Bigot: One who makes ignorant non sequitur comments based upon race or ethnicity

This thread is classic bigotry, and represents the kind of bigotry that is held by most Red Sox fans and nearly all of the western media.  

The last comment, supra, is someone who is a phony and has been one his entire life.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Matsuzaka's rookie season was excellent, as he won 15 games en route to the Red Sox's World Series championship in 2007. Injuries have slowed him since, and if his Boston career is over, he leaves with a 49-30 record in 105 starts (106 appearances), a 4.25 ERA and a 1.40 WHIP. He averaged 9.8 hits per nine innings, 8.3 strikeouts and 4.3 walks.
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

You skipped a chapter in your story. I'll fill in the missing part.

... in 2007. He then went 18-3 with a 2.93 ERA in 2008. Injuries have ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

hope some of you saw the last south park.

its asian specific.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

How much will Slackey cost, on the front, middle and backside end? How many good years has he had? Why won't he learn the local language? Why is he so arrogant?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]There is nothing racist in the original post and although I've not read every comment, I've not read any racist comments yet. Racist: One who belives one race (not ethnicity) is superior to another Bigot: One who makes ignorant non sequitur comments based upon race or ethnicity This thread is classic bigotry, and represents the kind of bigotry that is held by most Red Sox fans and nearly all of the western media.   The last comment, supra, is someone who is a phony and has been one his entire life.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]

Another definition of a bigot:

A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own or intolerant of people of different political views

I don't think that the OP meant any harm. A better thread title might have been: "Japanese pitchers not worth the investment" or something like that. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

This definition is what the describes as the views of the "intolerant" Judeo-Islamo-Christian tenets. To tolerate means to allow the existence, presence, practice, or act of without prohibition or hindrance; permit. Needless to say, "tolerance" is a political buzz word for the agenda of the Left. Believe you me, your definition isn't what a bigot is, nor do you have a clue what prejudice involves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Softy is the resident expert on pejudice, so please listen to him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

The federal government defines what prejudice is, through a panel of lifetime pension federal bureaucrats.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This thread is classic bigotry, and represents the kind of bigotry that is held by most Red Sox fans and nearly all of the western media."

Hmm...there is some truth to that, but your credibility suffers on this one because your first post on this thead was a gratuitous slam on Lackey and Crawford. Only after you got your trolling done did you find your moral compass.

By the way, on "Crawbust" as you call him, so far, it's looking to me like he's far from a bust but also overpaid based on his contributions to the team to date, kind of like your hero Dice K.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

DiceK isn't my hero, just because you hate the guy.

Slackey needs a full body slam for his garbage. Crawbust, despite his recent timely hitting isn't worth 20M a year. His defensive effort has been pitiful.

Dicek was a core member of the 2007 title team. Crawford will need to do better than that for 20 Million a year. DiceK didn't get the posting fee, Crawford is getting a bend over John Henry for Theo fee.