Please put Cook on waivers, he's cooked !!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Please put Cook on waivers, he's cooked !!

There must be someone or something better than putting this guy out there every 5th or 6th day. Please dump this guy !!

Hetch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Please put Cook on waivers, he's cooked !!

Agreed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Only the SSS guys ever thought he was worth anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonismine. Show bostonismine's posts

Agree ,showed a little progress early on but that wore off fast.  20-2 HAHAHAHA.  whole pitching staff needs overhaul.  Josh reddick grand slam,  How come we can't get players like that,DOH !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to bostonismine's comment:

Agree ,showed a little progress early on but that wore off fast.  20-2 HAHAHAHA.  whole pitching staff needs overhaul.  Josh reddick grand slam,  How come we can't get players like that,DOH !!!

Boston isn't yours. And no one but a Yankee fan alias is putting up "20-2 HAHAHAHA."

Get a life. Your team is probably in the playoffs and you're spending your time here trying to make Sox fans miserable. HAHAHAHAHA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I liiked a couple of Cook's games, but he has faded terribly in the last 5 weeks.

Time to just hope that he can stay healthy for the rest of the year.  He might be worth bringing to spring training again, but maybe not either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Hasn't gone very well for him here maybe better served in the NL....Possible chip?  doubt it but stranger things have happened.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Cook and Melancon have not contributed much in the last two months. Melancon did record the last save I think--last Sun against KC.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I liiked a couple of Cook's games, but he has faded terribly in the last 5 weeks.

Time to just hope that he can stay healthy for the rest of the year.  He might be worth bringing to spring training again, but maybe not either.

You may be right, but I wouldn't expect the Red Sox to give him a chance next season.  He did pitch a few good games but has been horrible lately. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

the guy was lights out!!!! ....in Pawtucket...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Anyone who can laugh and grin coming off the mound after his performance has lost ALL my respect.

He's not the type of competative player I'd want around my clubhouse.

Dump Him!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

He was lucky for a couple of outings, as the ball was right at somebody most of the time.  That luck had to run out. The guy basically has nothing. Nobody wants him off waivers. Just DFA him and give Tazawa a chance to start.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

x

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Susan,

Check the stats the last few yrs; not encouraging. This yr, he has 11 Ks in 70 IP. While I believe in location more than velocity (especially in the K zone, see Jon Lester this yr vs Greg Maddux most any yr) this brings the concept pitching to contact to a level I can't recall. Very Paul Byrd-like (who he reminds me of); except Byrd struck out more.   Note: Byrd does reach 90 on the radar gun, which really isn't bad, and is about what the dominant Maddux threw at his peak.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Correction: I meant Cook throws 90.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Wait, is Cook coming back next year a possibilitiy? I didn't think it was even a discussion. He's horrible. I figured since the team is going to be terrible they might as well let a pitcher suited for being terrible eat up innings and get the season over...I didn't think there was any debate that he stinks and whether or not he's here next year will tell us what their expectations on the season are.

Actually that could be an easy way to alert season ticket holders of a bride/rebuilding year without having to come out and say it. "We re-signed Aaron Cook". Wink Wink.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Well, the sellout streak (Wink Wink) is still going, so they may not feel the need to market that

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

He was lucky for a couple of outings, as the ball was right at somebody most of the time.  That luck had to run out. The guy basically has nothing. Nobody wants him off waivers. Just DFA him and give Tazawa a chance to start.

Rosters have expanded.  There isn't any reason to DFA anyone.  He stinks but there still could be some game where they need to throw him out there for a few innings.  They are paying him anyway.  No reason to DFA him.