1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Please put Sizemore out to pasture

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Not yet. I'd give him until the break. Sox cant make a trade until then anyway, without giving up too much.  He was completley out of baseball for two years, coming back from surgery and injuries. He's still a solid OF and has shown signs of life at the plate, albeit short lived. I still feel he can come through anytime he's at the plate.

Come on, he's been an easy out.  Pitchers attack him like a pitcher in the NL.  If it takes more than 3 pitches to get him out they've failed as a pitcher.  And even when he makes outs they aren't productive.  He's just completely over-matched.  If we needed a 5th OF he could stay but we really don't.  In fact, we have a good chunk of our roster in 5th OF'ers.

He's had more than a few clutch hits, andrew. HR against the NYY, for one. He's also taken his fair share of walks and steals. The offense will be the hardest and last to come back. Give it to the ASB, then the reclaimation project is over. Not any better options until then, anyway.

1)  the HR game I mentioned.  ONE GAME.  in EARLY APRIL.  That's all you got?

2)  I guess you and I differ on what is "fair share of walks".  His OBP is 289 - the same OBP that Crawful had in 2011.  If you look at his walk rate and assumed a 600 PA year he would have a mere 50 BB's.  That's down right pathetic from a guy who is supposed to be a table setter.

Why can't you just admit it was a good try by Ben but it didn't work.  There's a reason why they call it a RISK MOVE - because chances are it WILL NOT WORK OUT.  No surprises here really............

BYE BYE LADY GRADY..........................

I said, for one. He's had more than a few. Crawford wasn't out of the game for two years, coming back from injury/surgery. Sizmore also hasn't played everyday until recently, out of necessity. I will admit it was a good try by Ben and the jury is still out, until the ASB,  whether it works out or not. No risk, no reward, andrew

Yes, he has had TWO Home Runs.  Not more than a few.  Not even a few. TWO.  The absolute smallest # you can have greater than 1.  Big whoop.

His being out of the game for 2 years means NADA to me.  Not my problem.  Should we add "*'s" to stats now based on a guy's personal issues? 

No Risk No Reward.  That's 100% correct.  Seems like you want the Reward w/o accepting the risk.  It was risky.  It failed.  It usually DOES when there is risk.  So accept it and move on. 

re read my post andrew, I said more than a few clutch HITS, one being the HR against NY. not more than clutch HR's. I accepted the risk, I am not ready to throw in the reward towel, yet. I'll accept it, if things remian the same, at the ASB. Our opinion differs. Doesn't mean one is right, or wrong.  Accept it and move on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

You diminish your opinion with the childish name calling, but whatever.

Here's the problem with just getting rid of him right now:  Gomes, Sizemore, Bradley, Hassan and Nava are your outfielders right now.  Of that group, Sizemore is the second best performer.  If he's just let go, who takes his place?  Brentz?  Betts has 2 games in AAA and a handful of games in the outfield in his pro career; he's not coming up yet.  So who? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Ithink he has found his pasture already.  Sadly it is in Fenway's friendly confines

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Not yet. I'd give him until the break. Sox cant make a trade until then anyway, without giving up too much.  He was completley out of baseball for two years, coming back from surgery and injuries. He's still a solid OF and has shown signs of life at the plate, albeit short lived. I still feel he can come through anytime he's at the plate.

Come on, he's been an easy out.  Pitchers attack him like a pitcher in the NL.  If it takes more than 3 pitches to get him out they've failed as a pitcher.  And even when he makes outs they aren't productive.  He's just completely over-matched.  If we needed a 5th OF he could stay but we really don't.  In fact, we have a good chunk of our roster in 5th OF'ers.

He's had more than a few clutch hits, andrew. HR against the NYY, for one. He's also taken his fair share of walks and steals. The offense will be the hardest and last to come back. Give it to the ASB, then the reclaimation project is over. Not any better options until then, anyway.

2)  I guess you and I differ on what is "fair share of walks".  His OBP is 289 - the same OBP that Crawful had in 2011.  If you look at his walk rate and assumed a 600 PA year he would have a mere 50 BB's.  That's down right pathetic from a guy who is supposed to be a table setter.

Why can't you just admit it was a good try by Ben but it didn't work.  There's a reason why they call it a RISK MOVE - because chances are it WILL NOT WORK OUT.  No surprises here really............

I said, for one. He's had more than a few. Crawford wasn't out of the game for two years, coming back from injury/surgery. Sizmore also hasn't played everyday until recently, out of necessity. I will admit it was a good try by Ben and the jury is still out, until the ASB,  whether it works out or not. No risk, no reward, andrew

Yes, he has had TWO Home Runs.  Not more than a few.  Not even a few. TWO.  The absolute smallest # you can have greater than 1.  Big whoop.

His being out of the game for 2 years means NADA to me.  Not my problem.  Should we add "*'s" to stats now based on a guy's personal issues? 

No Risk No Reward.  That's 100% correct.  Seems like you want the Reward w/o accepting the risk.  It was risky.  It failed.  It usually DOES when there is risk.  So accept it and move on. 

re read my post andrew, I said more than a few clutch HITS, one being the HR against NY. not more than clutch HR's. I accepted the risk, I am not ready to throw in the reward towel, yet. I'll accept it, if things remian the same, at the ASB. Our opinion differs. Doesn't mean one is right, or wrong.  Accept it and move on.

his OBP is 289 and he is slugging .337

he as more strike outs than hits....

Right now he is good for a strike out per game and a HIT EVERY FOUR GAMES

he's got to go

it's a sunk cost.  don't bother trying to hang on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

You diminish your opinion with the childish name calling, but whatever.

Here's the problem with just getting rid of him right now:  Gomes, Sizemore, Bradley, Hassan and Nava are your outfielders right now.  Of that group, Sizemore is the second best performer.  If he's just let go, who takes his place?  Brentz?  Betts has 2 games in AAA and a handful of games in the outfield in his pro career; he's not coming up yet.  So who? 

Nah.  It's not a ridiculous, petty name.  Do you remember "Grady's Lady's" from the 2007 ALCS in Cleveland?  He went from having a large female following to becoming one himself - from Grady's Lady's to Lady Grady.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

he's got to go

Thanks, but I've got a good grip. I'll take my chances.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

his offensive stats are pretty weak at the minute, but i would still like to see him at least until the break.  still hope to catch that lightning.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

he's got to go

Thanks, but I've got a good grip. I'll take my chances.

every game you continue to "take your chances" could be one more step closer from being eliminated in 2014.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Gomes - Grady - AJ - Pedroia - Ortiz

2014 batting avg is down 9% compared to career norm for 3 of them.

down 18% for 1 of them

spot on for 1 of them

really cannot compare the rest of the team because:  DL, rookies. role players only.

should we trade / DFA / AAA everyone that is negative?

Andrew - who do you like on the 2014 Red Sox?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

ya give him the season you never know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Gomes - Grady - AJ - Pedroia - Ortiz

2014 batting avg is down 9% compared to career norm for 3 of them.

down 18% for 1 of them

spot on for 1 of them

really cannot compare the rest of the team because:  DL, rookies. role players only.

should we trade / DFA / AAA everyone that is negative?

Andrew - who do you like on the 2014 Red Sox?

For the most part, everyone but Buchholtz, Mejica and Sizemore

there are guys I deal w/ b/c not everyone is perfect and limited budgets etc

Ortiz and Pedey are GODS

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Ithink he has found his pasture already.  Sadly it is in Fenway's friendly confines

I would say this to Grady "If I don't see you in the FUTURE, I'll see you in the PASTURE."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

With two hitting coaches on the this team and they can't figure out what's wrong with Size----watching him swing is not like watching JBJ.

Size tries to pull everything instead of looking for the pitch outside he can drive to LF or LCF. It's painful seeing a 2 hop grounder to 1 B or 2 B or a lazy fly to the OF.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Sizemore is playing cuz there is no one else playing better than him or Gomes or JBJ or Carp or Nava.  

Boston is stuck with these guys.  Once Napoli and Victorino come off of DL, I wouldnt be surprise that two of these guys, Nava, Carp (impossible cuz he is on DL) and Sizemore will be DFA!!

Betts is not on a 40 man roster yet.  Meaning, we need to DFA someone to make a room for him.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Sizemore is playing cuz there is no one else playing better than him or Gomes or JBJ or Carp or Nava.  

Boston is stuck with these guys.  Once Napoli and Victorino come off of DL, I wouldnt be surprise that two of these guys, Nava, Carp (impossible cuz he is on DL) and Sizemore will be DFA!!

Betts is not on a 40 man roster yet.  Meaning, we need to DFA someone to make a room for him.  

You have to keep Carp

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Betts has been in AAA, for all of 3 days. He also just started to play the OF in Portland, where he's never played before, a handful of games before being promoted. He may eventually be called up, but not before the ASB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yeah and last night in Durham, I saw him playing second base.  Whats  that all about. Pawtucket outfielders suck, so why second?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Yeah and last night in Durham, I saw him playing second base.  Whats  that all about. Pawtucket outfielders suck, so why second?

[object HTMLDivElement]   Maybe they are putting Pedroia " Out to pasture."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Our outfield needs to be pasturized, homogenized, pulverized, vaporized.  Or we could try to coach them up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Our outfield needs to be pasturized, homogenized, pulverized, vaporized.  Or we could try to coach them up.

You know your OF is terrible when bringing back Crawford and David Jonathan Drew would actually be an improvement.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]   I notice that Betts is in CF tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Excellent.  I'm going again tomorrow night.  Hope he is in center then too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to dublin-red-sox's comment:

He's exactly what was advertised i.e. done. I can take watching Jackie Bradley waving a bat around like a garden hose because he's young and can play D. But what's the point in trotting Sizemore out there? Seems like a great guy but he's useless

Sizemore, Nava, Gomes, Carp...take your pick. 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

My best pick is Mujica...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to dublin-red-sox's comment:

He's exactly what was advertised i.e. done. I can take watching Jackie Bradley waving a bat around like a garden hose because he's young and can play D. But what's the point in trotting Sizemore out there? Seems like a great guy but he's useless

Sizemore, Nava, Gomes, Carp...take your pick. 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

Forget his BA or so so fielding but Gomes does not belong in your list.

He belongs in mine with high grades...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

And while we have the trailer backed up, let's load up another old mare.....stephen drew.

Sections
Shortcuts