Please Release McDonald

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Please Release McDonald

Enough said with this headline also. It worked for Cameron and it better work with this guy.

And why is a .122 hitting second?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Please Release McDonald

only the Tito knows!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

He was hitting .104 the other night and now he's at .122. I guess he's in the middle of the hot streak that Francona was referring to, so it makes perfect sense to bat him in the #2 slot. NOT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Please Release McDonald:
     He was hitting .104 the other night and now he's at .122. I guess he's in the middle of the hot streak that Francona was referring to, so it makes perfect sense to bat him in the #2 slot. NOT!
    Posted by trouts

Exactly. When you are at .104 and get a hit, your average will go up significantly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Before we go releasing everyone, who are we replacing him with?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Posted by SpacemanEephus

My post didn't call for "releasing everyone". It singled out McDonald who is currently hitting .115 with an OBP of .164. If you think that is acceptable for a major leaguer then we disagree. As to who would replace him, that's why we have the minor leagues. Just as with Reddick, we take a look to see who desrves a shot and we bring him up. Maybe I'm wrong on this guy, but I can't imagine anybody we bring up doing any worse. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Please Release McDonald:
    Enough said with this headline also. It worked for Cameron and it better work with this guy. And why is a .122 hitting second?
    Posted by ADG

I could be wrong but I think McD may be down to his last few AB.  Drew deserves to sit but not be cut from the roster.  J.D. may help us down the road and Reddick is no sure thing just yet.  If I were Theo, we lose McD and bring up Lin "if needed" before making any crazy trades that may involve more prospects. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

... let him gooooo ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Posted by SpacemanEephus

This is why I like Spaceman, he thinks things through...no knee jerk reactions...

Have a great 4th...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

we could replace McDonald with Burger King

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan93311. Show patsfan93311's posts

Posted by dannycater

Nice pun Danny.

Or how about a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee? Or a bag of baseballs?

In all seriousness, it's time for McDonald to go. Thank you Darnell for your help last year. We truly appreciate it but have to ask, what have you done for us lately?

It's getting deeper and deeper into the season, every game is getting more important. You can't have guys batting under the Mendoza line at this time of the year and here on out. It just doesn't make sense. It's about getting W's from now on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Posted by dannycater

Both of them give me indigestion. 

While I've seen King rush the QB on commercials, can he also hit lefties at a decent clip and cover right in Fenway?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Darnell is the answer to the great trivia question, what Sox player most resembles Bernard Gilkey as a Sox.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Please Release McDonald:
    Enough said with this headline also. It worked for Cameron and it better work with this guy. And why is a .122 hitting second?
    Posted by ADG

You mean that since releasing Cameron that they are undefeated? I love the cause and effect, statistical correlation and regression analysis that you employ. Have you ever considered getting a degree in statistics and working for NASA? It is also possible that Varitek will hit over 200 HRs since he has two since Cameron left.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Please Release McDonald : You mean that since releasing Cameron that they are undefeated? I love the cause and effect, statistical correlation and regression analysis that you employ. Have you ever considered getting a degree in statistics and working for NASA? It is also possible that Varitek will hit over 200 HRs since he has two since Cameron left.
    Posted by Your-Echo

Well, he may not be a stats maven, but ADG is quite the fork poacher, being the would be butcher that proclaimed in a thread headline, "Stick a fork in this team!" 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Statisticians and CPA's get all the hot chicks.

Sections
Shortcuts