1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Please remove Softlaw from the board

In response to S5's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

It's an act. If everyone would just put him on ignore and not respond he'll either stop or go away.

The ONLY problem with this post is that it isn't automatically repeated in every thread Softy post in, every half hour - or until people "get it".

I have him on Ignore, but I still see his posts when other posters "Reply to this post". Frown

I also know it's probably past "too late" to suggest this, but if the board could be restored to posting the name of a person who creates a thread we could know which threads to ignore.

Softy is a troll.  He knows what he's doing and what he can get away with, and he's doing it knowing there's nothing that can be done about it.  How is that good for the board?

Exactly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Hfx, you simply need to embrace making the guy look foolish.  Whether it be the Red Sox, or any socio-political issue, the guy could not be more wrong more often.  He's the perfect Yankee Troll, who serves himself up on a daily basis to be s metaphorically spanked by RS fans.  It's looking more & more like he may be a BDC plant, placed here to make RS fans feel good about themselves.  It's actually almost insulting how easy they're making it to make the guy look foolish.    Given the myriad of Yankee wows, it's borderline abusive for us to keep kicking the guy while he's down.  This has to be a setup, as I've never seen a Yankee fan be this wrong, this often, for so long.  It's almost not fun anymore????  The only thing that makes it a worth while endeavor, is his seemingly bottomless capacity to reach a bottom.  

This guy even gives Yankee fans a bad name.  just relax and enjoy his demise.  Besides, the examples you give are far from the generally offensive Stiffy we are all so used to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to devildavid's comment:

I hope Softlaw enjoyed watching the worst Red Sox team he has ever seen win the World Series vs. the superior National League team. Yeah Bill, your boy sure saw that coming.

Devildave......  I think that we can all agree that it was mid-late August before the "WINDS OF OCTOBER" started to show itself and it was a great run to get there......  Then, as DAD would say.............  "SON, WHAT EVER TEAM GETS HOT CAN GO ALL THE WAY"  !!!!   And "get hot" we did , another great run...... Lousey but timely hitting by all teams, in the end it was the GLOVE, PITCHING, & PAPI'S 700+ BA that did it !!!!   One for the record books, for sure !!!!!

Bill, I believed in this team in April. They showed their character and nature early on as a team where every player would contribute to victory. It was not about getting hot, it was about the way they functioned as a team. And this was very evident in the playoffs, especially against the great starting pitchers of the Tigers. The Sox always found a way to win, even when it appeared they could not. An amazing team that I embraced from the beginning. They weren't the most talented team ever, but they were the most resourceful.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to redsoxandguitars' comment:

Bill, I believed in this team in April. 

Devil, list the years for the Red Sox teams you "didn't believe in" in April of each season you have been following the Red Sox. Is this like blind faith, where this year was just different for the other Red Sox seasons in April? Or do you use your inate powers to judge team character and chemistry based on your set of values?

Just curious how you felt in April about the 2011 Red Sox, and other years. Did you "believe in them in April" in regard to the 2011 Red Sox team?

No

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

List the years you didn't believe in a Red Sox team in April. 

No

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Posts here or anywhere else should be judged entirely on the arguments presented, and not with regard to whether the poster is "liked" or "disliked". I don't fear any poster here enough to desperately try to get them banned. If they post trash, the community here will correctly label it so, and that will be that. If a poster regularly posts trash, they will be read less and less and even placed on ignore in extreme cases. It all works out. To the pro banning crowd I would posit this: Has softy EVER posted something interesting? Something you my have even disagreed with, but that presented a cogent argument stimulating debate here? If the answer is yes, and I personally believe it to be so, then he should be left alone. If he posts truly objectionable material, the mods will be all over it. If he merely posts items you DISAGREE with-win your argument! Use logic, a grasp of the facts, and your superior wit to defeat his views. The collective body of readers here will quickly determine a winner, which is as it should be. I don't dispute that calling people silly names like "crack heads",etc. is wrong. I just note with amusement that many calling for softlaw to be perm banned, have engaged in the EXACT same behaviors. It's human nature to excuse our own failings while excoriating others who exhibit the same. But it's still hypocrisy!

Softlaw....you ol' mule you! I once again encourage you to rejoin the civilized world of ideas sharing. You have soooo much to offer!! While I disagree with much of what you say, you know I have always fought for your right to say it. Freedom of speech is our most sacred right, for it is from that well that all other rights spring. Someday I'd like to see the name "Softlaw" return to the forum...albeit with some improvements in how you engage in debate. Maybe it'll never happen. But I'd like to see it!

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Bill, I believed in this team in April. 

Devil, list the years for the Red Sox teams you "didn't believe in" in April of each season you have been following the Red Sox. Is this like blind faith, where this year was just different for the other Red Sox seasons in April? Or do you use your inate powers to judge team character and chemistry based on your set of values?

Just curious how you felt in April about the 2011 Red Sox, and other years. Did you "believe in them in April" in regard to the 2011 Red Sox team?

Actually Stiff One, as you well know, I called it all the way back in May.  I said unequivocally that the Red Sox would finish X + (X + 20) = 162, or 91 - 71, plus 20.  At the time, YOU argued that "with the over-bloated payroll, the Red Sox SHOULD finish + 20 games over .500, but that THEY ABSOLUTELY WOULDN'T!"  You went on to say, "that with this bunch of LOSER RETREADS the Sox could even finish 12 games behind the pathetic Yankee."

I made my prediction based on the well rounded, non-overpriced prima donnas, lunchbox roster that BC had constructed.  You called BC a loser of epic proportions.  You railed for months about RS management "blowing well over a billion on pathetic rosters."  You claimed that "the 2013 Red Sox were one of the worst examples of blowing big $$$$ on washed up LOSERS, and that they would NEVER make the post-season."

You may want to go back to pretending to be a lawyer, as your pretend gm days are clearly over!  You are perhaps the biggest loser in virtual Red Sox armchair GM history.  Keep changing names, but you'll never live 2013 down.  We will continute to enjoy spanking you for your foolish predictions.  :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

He or she has a remarkable ability to be reviled.

It's a gift.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I'm not softlaw....I just respond when people call out "softlaw" and defend all of his ideals...and attack the same posters in the same way that softlaw does.....but I'am not softlaw. 

Only the spelling is different

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

On a serious note.....

It would be nice if Stiffy would renounce his gay bashing & race baiting ways.  For those who ignore his clear history on this score & continue to blow smoke up his backside???  Singing his praises on how much he has to offer here???  I just don't get you folks.  It's bizzare!  Some have a strong need to seek approval from this clown, despite his clear record on gay bashing & race baiting????

In Stiffy's defense, he seems to have learned where the line has been drawn on those scores, & runs right up to the line & spits over it.  For those who ignore his CLEAR history on these issues, I have to question why you choose to do so?  I love to debate & make the guy look foolish to this day, but those of you who keep slapping him on the back "for his prescient baseball knowledge" floor me.  Bright guys who continue this line........  Even bright liberal guys, who one might expect to loath this baser comments on social issues????   BIZZARO WORLD :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

He or she has a remarkable ability to be reviled.

It's a gift.

Yes, it is. However you fail to note that such gifts are universally reserved for the accursed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I hope Softlaw enjoyed watching the worst Red Sox team he has ever seen win the World Series vs. the superior National League team. Yeah Bill, your boy sure saw that coming.

Devildave......  I think that we can all agree that it was mid-late August before the "WINDS OF OCTOBER" started to show itself and it was a great run to get there......  Then, as DAD would say.............  "SON, WHAT EVER TEAM GETS HOT CAN GO ALL THE WAY"  !!!!   And "get hot" we did , another great run...... Lousey but timely hitting by all teams, in the end it was the GLOVE, PITCHING, & PAPI'S 700+ BA that did it !!!!   One for the record books, for sure !!!!!

Bill, I believed in this team in April. They showed their character and nature early on as a team where every player would contribute to victory. It was not about getting hot, it was about the way they functioned as a team. And this was very evident in the playoffs, especially against the great starting pitchers of the Tigers. The Sox always found a way to win, even when it appeared they could not. An amazing team that I embraced from the beginning. They weren't the most talented team ever, but they were the most resourceful.

DevilDave,   There is no one on the board that does not start April  off thing that we are going all the way more than me, year in year out ......  Just saying that the TEAMS & #'s didn't start to shke out till August as a lot of the eastern teams were in the hunt.......  It was a great year for baseball & a great year to be a RED SOX fan !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

you need to "get up wind from the crystal meth' lab in your SCAP housing basement."

I'm not insulted by it.

Joe, you shouldn't be, since it's your very words in that quote that I'm lampooning. You attempted to insult me with that very childish phrase. Posters should know that, while I'm not softlaw, I can relate to the ad hom fashion in which posers whine about him.

Joe, you should not insult people with that prhase. Admit it, apologize for it, and let's move on.

Oh, and Joe, 4 years and 50 millon for the younger Morales isn't nearly as amusing as 3 years and 39 million for degenerate hip diseased and the older Napoli who needs to try hitting in Safeco on a full-time basis. 

1-That is not my quote you are referring to.

2-Your position on Morales has nothing to do with Napoli.  It is equivalent of saying the Crawford signing is okay simple because it is not as bad as the Pujols signing.

3-Morales did not suffer from playing at Safeco.  His home OPS is higher than his road OPS

If you want to continue to insist that $50M is a good number for Morales, and that his DH 'skills', such as they are, are a good fit for the Red Sox, people will continue to make fun of your opinions.

And I can do this all day.  I know you're smart enough to know that your Morales suggestion is utterly ridiculous.  However, the more you bring it up, the more posters will identify with you with Morales.

And I am willing to discuss $50M for morales all day long, and as often as you like.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Actually Stiff One, as you well know, I called it all the way back in May.  I said unequivocally that the Red Sox would finish X + (X + 20) = 162, or 91 - 71, plus 20.  At the time, YOU argued that "with the over-bloated payroll, the Red Sox SHOULD finish + 20 games over .500, but that THEY ABSOLUTELY WOULDN'T!"  You went on to say, "that with this bunch of LOSER RETREADS the Sox could even finish 12 games behind the pathetic Yankee."

I made my prediction based on the well rounded, non-overpriced prima donnas, lunchbox roster that BC had constructed.  You called BC a loser of epic proportions.  You railed for months about RS management "blowing well over a billion on pathetic rosters."  You claimed that "the 2013 Red Sox were one of the worst examples of blowing big $$$$ on washed up LOSERS, and that they would NEVER make the post-season."

You may want to go back to pretending to be a lawyer, as your pretend gm days are clearly over!  You are perhaps the biggest loser in virtual Red Sox armchair GM history.  Keep changing names, but you'll never live 2013 down.  We will continute to enjoy spanking you for your foolish predictions.  :)

THIS POST IS FULL OF WIN.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

DevilDave,   There is no one on the board that does not start April  off thing that we are going all the way more than me, year in year out ......  Just saying that the TEAMS & #'s didn't start to shke out till August as a lot of the eastern teams were in the hunt.......  It was a great year for baseball & a great year to be a RED SOX fan !!!

Yes, it was a tight race much of the way. But the Red Sox were the one team that won games in such a way that made me optimistic they would be in the fight until the end. Did I know they would win it all? Of course not. But that doesn't mean I didn't believe in them. Believing in a team simply means you like the way they play the game and have faith they will achieve some level of success. Given the fact that little was expected, this is the most satisfying championship for me and the most inspiring Red Sox team.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

yes it is Joe, it was you who childishly used "crystal meth" as an insult attempt. I'm quite your 2 readers saw it.

No, it is not.  Just point out the thread where I used 'crystal meth', and it will be resolved.

3-Morales did not suffer from playing at Safeco.  His home OPS is higher than his road OPS

He most certainly did, when compared to someone who plays 82 games in Fenway. Joe.

Morales' OPS at Safeco was higher than on the road.  Napoli had a higher OPS on the road than at Fenway.

Just as an aside, there is no need for you to always be wrong on the stats.  They are pretty easy to look up.

My Morales suggestion isn't remotely ridiculous ( in fact, when his 3 or 4 year base 13 contract is signed I'll remind you of your Peavy for Bulter delusion),, but your Peavy for Butler is delusional. You aren't smart enough to know that 

There is a fairly easy remedy for this.  I will wager you that Morales does not get $50M.  The loser signs off until opening day.  Any interest, or will you simply write a 500-word essay on nothing as a meams to distract from your inanity?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Yes, it was a tight race much of the way. But the Red Sox were the one team that won games in such a way that made me optimistic they would be in the fight until the end. Did I know they would win it all? Of course not. But that doesn't mean I didn't believe in them. Believing in a team simply means you like the way they play the game and have faith they will achieve some level of success. Given the fact that little was expected, this is the most satisfying championship for me and the most inspiring Red Sox team.

BOTTOM LINE, the SOX from top to bottom and everything in between had one of those "star struck " blue collar years where they could do very little wrong.......  Night after night, you would think that  "WALPOLE JOE MORGAN" was in the dugout !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

And like that...he's gone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Thanks mods...and sorry for saying you weren't working today. Smile

Sections
Shortcuts