PLEASE say no to Michael Young

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

PLEASE say no to Michael Young

Unless this guy is available for a middling prospect, PLEASE say no to trading for him.

He is not worth even one of the better Sox prospects at this time.

He is a bad fielder at each of the four infield positions, is not going to provide much right handed power, is expensive, and will only be around for two months.

I would much rather see the Sox recall with Middlebrooks or bring up Bogaerts than give up much more than a bag of balls for Young.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davesakiller. Show davesakiller's posts

Re: PLEASE say no to Michael Young

Absolutely.  There is nobody on the trade market worth our top prospects and I hope they stand pat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i agree young should not even be a consideration at this point. His offensive number are really quite average and his defense is below average at this point. Calling up middlebrooks or Boegarts to play 3rd is a much smarter decision. We need to get either peavy or lee, i still like peavy more at this point given that he is making half as much as lee and is under contract for 2 years instead 3 (potentially 4). With the uncertainty surrounding buchholz, the inconsistancy of dempster and doubront and the unreliableness of lester, we need some rotation help. Other than a starter, we need bullpen help (not sure why we are not in on brian wilson) and really we need a LF. Nava is trending downward and continues to make mistakes running the bases, and outside of carp/gomes, we really dont have an options other than JBJ. Victorino has been hurt multiple times this year so have a stronger presence in LF would take some of the weight off of him. The problem is that there is not much available. Rios is not a guy I am a huge fan of, but if the giants were to consider moving pence, he would be our best bet. He has a cannon for an arm and would pepper the green monster. Here is the guys the sox should targer:

SP - Peavy or Lee 

LF - Pence 

RP - Perkins, Gregerson, Wilson, Cishek

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

i agree young should not even be a consideration at this point. His offensive number are really quite average and his defense is below average at this point. Calling up middlebrooks or Boegarts to play 3rd is a much smarter decision. We need to get either peavy or lee, i still like peavy more at this point given that he is making half as much as lee and is under contract for 2 years instead 3 (potentially 4). With the uncertainty surrounding buchholz, the inconsistancy of dempster and doubront and the unreliableness of lester, we need some rotation help. Other than a starter, we need bullpen help (not sure why we are not in on brian wilson) and really we need a LF. Nava is trending downward and continues to make mistakes running the bases, and outside of carp/gomes, we really dont have an options other than JBJ. Victorino has been hurt multiple times this year so have a stronger presence in LF would take some of the weight off of him. The problem is that there is not much available. Rios is not a guy I am a huge fan of, but if the giants were to consider moving pence, he would be our best bet. He has a cannon for an arm and would pepper the green monster. Here is the guys the sox should targer:

SP - Peavy or Lee 

LF - Pence 

RP - Perkins, Gregerson, Wilson, Cishek

Pence is a two month rental---the Giants are willing to take experienced players in return-Who??

Perkins and Cishek are both good--are they better than Ue??

If you want your best chance to get to the WS----it's Lee and Young--Pay full salary-one of Barnes /Webster/ Rubby, Iggy or Ells and WMB. Ells would be in a good position to extend in Philly with the money saved from Lee. Plus it gives the Phils a winter trade chip in Ben Revere.

Also if Young likes it here next year he can slide into first base so we don't have to watch Nap strike out 250 times again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Young approves Red Sox----He may be at Fenway for the start of tonights game if a deal can be worked out. Perhaps WMB goes to Philly--it would be a good trade for both  teams unless Philly wants someone else comparable. 

BenC since both are FA at end of season would you go with Ells for Pence while we are in a dealing mode?

Lineup----------------JBJ, Vic, Ped, Ortiz, Pence, Salty, Nap, Drew, Young

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Young approves Red Sox----He may be at Fenway for the start of tonights game if a deal can be worked out. Perhaps WMB goes to Philly--it would be a good trade for both  teams unless Philly wants someone else comparable. 

BenC since both are FA at end of season would you go with Ells for Pence while we are in a dealing mode?

Lineup----------------JBJ, Vic, Ped, Ortiz, Pence, Salty, Nap, Drew, Young

Why would we trade Els ? He has been hitting well and I have no faith that JBJ is ready to lead off at the MLB level.

Sections
Shortcuts